OEM Charger

Search This thread

Alaris

May 25, 2012
Does anyone know where i can get an identical charge like the one that came with the phone? The reason why is because the one that came with my G3 makes an almost hissing sound during charging and its making me nervous.

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
does it need to be identical? any 2.1a wall charger with a usb port will do fine. I use my wife's HTC and Nook plugs all the time

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
uhm no. rechargeable batteries need a charging circuit in order to not overcharge and blow up (tried it, it does happen lol) consumer electronics have this built in because they don't want their consumers catching fire. As long as you provide it power, it'll charge. The charging circuit will take care of the rest. 2.1a chargers are widely available and will provide a fast charge

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Look on Amazon, but search for G2 chargers. I don't remember seeing any in the g3 section

Edit: looks like they have one now
b08fa8f23eae7688df0920541e9df9bd.jpg

Last edited:

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Does anyone know where i can get an identical charge like the one that came with the phone? The reason why is because the one that came with my G3 makes an almost hissing sound during charging and its making me nervous.

My charger doesn't make a hissing sound while charging (at least not that I have noticed. I haven't stuck my ear up to the charger however). If this is happening to you, I would contact LG or your service provider to see about getting a replacement.

Top Liked Posts