Xperia™ XZ Oreo / 8.0 {*New* / 03.11.2018 / 41.3.A.2.192} + FTF Files

Which one do you use to update last FW your phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 6476447

My phone drained 20-30 % overnight
Quite LEGENDARY!

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
I have one question that no one noticed. How are we going to swipe from left side in landscape mode now when navbar is on left side? Navbar is now sometimes on left side in landscape mode and now we can not swipe menu bar from left side in Music, Album... when navbar is on left side. This dependes on how you rotate your phone. I am righthanded and it was naturale for me to have navbar on right side all time. At least google must provide us option for always right side of navbar.

Last edited:

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
I have one question that no one noticed. How are we going to swipe from left side in landscape mode now when navbar is on left side? Navbar is now sometimes on left side in landscape mode and now we can not swipe menu bar from left side in Music, Album... when navbar is on left side. This dependes on how you rotate your phone. I am righthanded and it was naturale for me to have navbar on right side all time. At least google must provide us option for always right side of navbar.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

bhz21

Aug 1, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Hi everyone! Just a quick question.

Is there any firmware variation (from the last update 41.2.A.2.199) that doesn't contain the Spotify app?

Thanks in advance! :)

paphonb

Sep 5, 2014
I am talking about this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8aVAm1KMRG-NFVMV3VLcnhHd1E
This is unnaturale position of navbar. I can't acces menu bar from left side using gesture if navbar are in that psition. I have to go back and press three line to show menu bar. This is not working in Music and Album. No more pull from left for menu bar in those two apps.
You can still pull from left. Try first before asking.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
You can still pull from left. Try first before asking.

No I can not pull menu bar if navbar is on left side. I tried many times. I can not!!!! You try before answering. If navbar is on right side I can pull menu bar. Sony must fix this.

Last edited:

paphonb

Sep 5, 2014
No I can not pull menu bar if navbar is on left side. I tried many times. I can not!!!! You try before answering. If navbar is on right side I can pull menu bar. Sony must fix this.
I can. Screenshot_20170502-131234.png

diri

Mar 6, 2013
@tomo100brt is right ... in the "Music" app when the nav bar is on the left (SONY logo is by your right hand) you cant pull the menu ... but it looks like its only related to the music app, any other app i tried worked as they should.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW UPDATE [03.11.2018 / 41.3.A.2.192]
    2hqwgb7.jpg

• OLDER FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8332 •
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Russia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Russia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (India Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Malaysia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (India Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.157 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.171 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Thailand Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

• LATEST FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8332 •
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

• OLDER FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8331 •
    Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Russia): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Latin America): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Customized DE): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Australia Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Customized DE): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (Latin America): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Australia Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.157 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.171 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Germany Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

• LATEST FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8331 •
    Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Brazil Generic): CLICK HERE!
    There are plenty of little things new. Also, it is always recommended that major update of Android should be accompanied with a full wipe of your device. Trust me, I did a full wipe after updating through OTA & the performance is phenomenal.

Here are some of things I noticed that are new which other users failed to acknowledge.
    1) The Startup Setup is redesigned
    2) 6 QS tiles instead of 5 in the notification header
    3) Round default icons for applications (System as well as play store apps)
    4) Updated transitions
    5) New style of Phone Heads up display (When a call comes, the heads up has been redesigned)
    6) Assist app in settings drawer
    7) QS controls removed from System UI Tuner (Sony standardised them in their edit QS)
    8) No more battery % disappearing​ issue when it is selected from System UI tuner because Sony removed it from System UI tuner & standardised it.
    9) New long press power off menu (Redesigned + addition of emergency call button)

The device feels much snappier & more responsive.
    Overall a great update.
    So far very pleased with the update in general.
    The battery drain seems to be less, specially over night, I would usually loose 5-6%, last night it was 1%, with all the apps I usually have.
    The battery information in the settings is changed and now makes a lot more sense and is more detailed compared, the previous one was a mess.
    The phone feels snappier and faster, more responsive.
    I was also pleased to see there were some obvious changes in image processing, it seems like they reduced the amount of unnecessary noise-reduction and upped the sharpening a bit.
    The contrast balance in auto mode seems better, the distinction between shadows and lit sections is better.
    Aliasing on the edges of objects further away is less than before and also I see no edge blurring as before. In 16:9 there's still some minor loss in detail on very edges of the frame when you zoom in, but in 4:3 the entire frame looks equaly sharp.
    In general, the photos look much cleaner, more detail, a bit stronger colors and better brighness/contrast adjustment. To me the camera was always great, I'm not what you'd call a pro-user in regards to camera and photos, but still, improvements are welcome.
    I took some before/after samples indoors, one from closer under direct light and one from far away, standing in a very dark hallway to see how it handles auto white balance and brightness. Both identical conditions, auto mode, 23mpix 4:3 and object tracking disabled. The samples are cropped and zoomed in, test 1 and 3 are before the update.
    Umm how do i relock ? Is it possible on the X Series & is it Through Flashtool ??

Apparently so, I have not tried it but someone on here has reported they relocked using flashtool.

Very well, I will try & report back.
    Thank You for your support :)

Yes you can relock your bootloader using flashtool ;)