My banking app is not starting bc xposed installed

Search This thread

Dexter666

Jul 8, 2010
Guys I need your help. My banking app won't start since it is finding xposed framework installed. Since it is Android OS I don't believe there is no way to change it. I have marshmallow 6.0.1 and the app is vr banking (https://www.vr-banking-app.de/service/hookinghinweis.html). I checked xprivacy and blocked there all except Internet access but either it didn't work or I did smt false.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
Guys I need your help. My banking app won't start since it is finding xposed framework installed. Since it is Android OS I don't believe there is no way to change it. I have marshmallow 6.0.1 and the app is vr banking (https://www.vr-banking-app.de/service/hookinghinweis.html). I checked xprivacy and blocked there all except Internet access but either it didn't work or I did smt false.

There is no way to hide Xposed, you'll have to remove it or use something like rootswitch to temp disable it with a soft reboot

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Portgas D. Ace

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 6

As an alternative to what Matt has suggested, you could use SuperSU and suhide in combination with Root Switch and Xposed. All required information can be found in the suhide thread here on XDA. Just search for it.

Reactions: Dexter666

Snah

Dec 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G

A little surprised by this. What kind of security does the bank use? Are there no security ID system connected to the German state? In Sweden there's Bank-ID for computers, Mobilt bank-ID for smartphones. Authorities, banks and other companies use it. Banks are indirectly required to by law since +1 year. No login by just a simple ATM like code allowed anymore.

A last resort, if everything else fails, is to simply change bank.

[Written by my thumbs on a state-of-the-art Nokia 3110.]

nijom

Mar 23, 2012
Chennai
All my banking apps threw errors and I installed Root Cloak module and added them there. And things were good.
But then an e-wallet app showed error "app has been hooked by 3rd party app" because it was checking Root as well as Xposed. so a XDA member wrote a module which just returns 'No' when the app checks fro Xposed.
You can try a similar thing. here's the thread.
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/xposed-freecharge-unblocker-t3511904

GxTruth

Jan 30, 2016
Hey there,
I just found this thread and got the exact same problem.
A few weeks/months ago, my banking app (VR Banking as described in OP) started crashing
if XPosed was installed. They tell you something about security, but it works fine with root and uninstalled XPosed.

There already was a link to this thread (https://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/xposed-freecharge-unblocker-t3511904)
providing a seemingly working solution for another app.

VR Banking seems to react to installed XPosed-binary AND installed Xposed-App, but isn't it possible to hook into the checking-process
and just return true/false ("everything is fine")?

Don't want to switch my bank because of this (although their policy of accepting root but not xposed is 100% ridiculous)
as it seems like such an easy solution. I already PM'd a developer of a module that hides root from certain bank app, but sadly no response yet...

Same problem here with another bank/country and MM (cm13).
The problem is only xposed manager itself. As soon as have it installed (even without framework) the bank app stops. Root only (cm or supersu) is not a problem.

I tried magisk + systemless root + systemless xposed (framework) + hide apps (like rootcloak, anrc,...) and no success. Bank always find the xposed manager (probably because I couldn't hide it completely).

We need a better general hide everything xposed solution. Hope some developer can work on that. Maybe magisk can be the way.

Last edited:

sugerdroid

Apr 24, 2014
NYC
The problem is only xposed manager itself. As soon as have it installed (even without framework) the bank app stops. Root only (cm or supersu) is not a problem.

I tried magisk + systemless root + systemless xposed (framework) + hide apps (like rootcloak, anrc,...) and no success. Bank always find the xposed manager (probably because I couldn't hide it completely).

We need a better general hide everything xposed solution. Hope some developer can work on that. Maybe magisk can be the way.

Just a quick thought to add to the mix... specifically for your banking app, have you tried the Sudohide Xposed module? It allows you to hide any app from any other app. I'm not sure at which level it happens in the boot process, but for your scenario, it's worth a try. You could just hide the Xposed manager app from the banking app and see if it works.

Let us know if it does! :)

Reactions: wilsonhlacerda

stan23

Jun 29, 2006
Nürnberg
Hi,
I gave it a quick try:
SudoHide Xposed Installer from VR Banking App and Rootcloak for VR Banking App, but the app still detects it on open.

SudoHide lists only Xposed Installer, no other Xposed app/module.

Oct 25, 2016
Mumbai

Simply just uninstall Xposed Framework and Xposed Installer from your. Then backup the data and perform factory reset and then try it will 100 % work. Good luck

Nov 17, 2005
Simply just uninstall Xposed Framework and Xposed Installer from your. Then backup the data and perform factory reset and then try it will 100 % work. Good luck

Yes, exactly. You are the kind of people why we got Donald Trump for president of the United States.
Seriously, if you can't help, don't answer.

I have the same problem, and it seems that german banking apps are somewhat stupid.
Root is allowed (which can be done by almost everybody), but xposed is denied, because PRO developers might hack their sh1tty apps with hooks...?

aggunawan

Dec 21, 2016
Pontianak
Yes, exactly. You are the kind of people why we got Donald Trump for president of the United States.

I have the same problem, and it seems that german banking apps are somewhat stupid.
Root is allowed (which can be done by almost everybody), but xposed is denied, because PRO developers might hack their sh1tty apps with hooks...?

I like this comment, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

stan23

Jun 29, 2006
Nürnberg
Magisk and MagiskHide are working fine to hide root from my German VR banking app.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As an alternative to what Matt has suggested, you could use SuperSU and suhide in combination with Root Switch and Xposed. All required information can be found in the suhide thread here on XDA. Just search for it.

Just a quick thought to add to the mix... specifically for your banking app, have you tried the Sudohide Xposed module? It allows you to hide any app from any other app. I'm not sure at which level it happens in the boot process, but for your scenario, it's worth a try. You could just hide the Xposed manager app from the banking app and see if it works.

Let us know if it does! :)