[Q&A] [ROM][07.09.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11.0 [4.4.4]

Search This thread

BlueFireX22

Apr 16, 2012
sd card swaping

hey @Blefish
i found that if you change the mounting points in the fstab.qcom in the boot.img the internal and external memories can be swapped
but however i was unable to compile the boot.img back so can't boot the phone ..
can you make a boot.img for me with internal and external memory swapped ? :confused:
thank you :) :eek:

sampad1370

Jun 18, 2014
crashed camera in U8800 in last version

hello
i install last version of your custom ROM and when i have to get picture by camera it apps crashed and in film mode,it not work.
in before version this problem did not occurred.
thanks blefish.

Reactions: atessuyu

rexnanet

Jan 15, 2012
hello
i install last version of your custom ROM and when i have to get picture by camera it apps crashed and in film mode,it not work.
thanks blefish.

Hi, do you have an SD card inserted?
I've experienced camera app crashes in the previous version if I didn't have the SD card inserted.
Didn't tried it in the last version but could be a clue.

ideosx5

May 1, 2012
I have in call sound problem. I've lag. Only me?

Sent from my IDEOS X5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-29-11-00-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-29-11-00-41.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 393

mohammad.nomaan

Nov 11, 2012
Manama
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Gr8 news @Blefish, CM12/Lillipop on X5 will be EPIC
If I can make 2 more requests:
1: Can we have the ROM with 512MB RAM just like X5Pro. I remember in 1 of your builds you had increased the RAM from 399MB
2: Can we have a better stock camera (MotoG 1st gen uses a 5MP and the results are much better that what we have now)
Just Waiting eagerly for your latest ROM :)
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
1: Can we have the ROM with 512MB RAM just like X5Pro. I remember in 1 of your builds you had increased the RAM from 399MB
2: Can we have a better stock camera (MotoG 1st gen uses a 5MP and the results are much better that what we have now)
thanks in advance
U8800/U8800pro/U8860 all have same amount of memory. I think it's common across all MSM7230/MSM8255 boards. Now, the kernel will occupy some of that memory, plus some static heaps like display heap, audio heap, etc. The reason why we had ~350MB was due to multimedia/camera heap being static too. However some time ago we started using CMA, which makes the heap dynamic - when it's not in use, other apps can use the memory. This is why we have nearly 400MB usable at the moment. As far as I know U8800pro is not using CMA kernel, so they still have lower available RAM.
@Blefish
I also wanted CM12 for this device, thanks for your great work. Any idea when it will come out? Eagerly waiting! :p :fingers-crossed:
It's almost done! Most of the stuff works but I am seeing some slowdowns, especially after installing gapps. I'm thinking it must be low-ram issue, but some debugging needs to be done at that part.

What's still broken/missing: camera 720p video is messed up; camera apk sometimes crashes; new HuaweiSettings app (based on the former IdeosX5Settings). I also want to bring some enhancements to Wi-Fi, there is a firmware crashing issue from long time ago, also memory allocations in wi-fi driver need optimizations.

mohammad.nomaan

Nov 11, 2012
Manama
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Thanks for the update and the good news Blefish.
BTW, I tried to flash the motoG camera, gallery and launcher via a zip file on XDA.
I got stock camera replaced but it FC, rest work but I also realised that the other camera app I have (DSLR) is working fine and better than before. Its easier to get a quick focus and the image quality has enhanced.
If u need to look at that zip, I can send u the link to fix the. Camera issue.
Thanks again for your brilliant work on X5

kalyansundhar

Aug 22, 2008
Bangalore
CM12 on U8800

I don't know yet (there are some missing features currently). But here's something to look for.

My goodness. Blefish, I don't have words to appreciate you. It requires a lot of effort making CM12 possible for a device like U8800. There are so many users like me who use your latest 4.4.4 ROM. Unfortunately we couldn't help you much technically because of lack of knowledge in this specific area. Today U8800 is alive because of you. My friends, relatives and neighbors still envy how come I could have latest android in my 5 year old mobile. If CM12 is possible with U8800, it would be just because of you. Thanks a ton for all your efforts. I wouldn't stop with that. Sometime back I made a donation for your effort on 4.4.4. I believe it is high time I should make one more donation just as a token of appreciation. Thanks again Blefish.

Regards
Kalyan Sundhar
k.kalyansundhar@gmail.com

Reactions: qwertluiop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey when is a new version coming out? And will it have material design?

I don't know yet (there are some missing features currently). But here's something to look for.
    thanks in advance
    U8800/U8800pro/U8860 all have same amount of memory. I think it's common across all MSM7230/MSM8255 boards. Now, the kernel will occupy some of that memory, plus some static heaps like display heap, audio heap, etc. The reason why we had ~350MB was due to multimedia/camera heap being static too. However some time ago we started using CMA, which makes the heap dynamic - when it's not in use, other apps can use the memory. This is why we have nearly 400MB usable at the moment. As far as I know U8800pro is not using CMA kernel, so they still have lower available RAM.
    @Blefish
    I also wanted CM12 for this device, thanks for your great work. Any idea when it will come out? Eagerly waiting! :p :fingers-crossed:
    It's almost done! Most of the stuff works but I am seeing some slowdowns, especially after installing gapps. I'm thinking it must be low-ram issue, but some debugging needs to be done at that part.

What's still broken/missing: camera 720p video is messed up; camera apk sometimes crashes; new HuaweiSettings app (based on the former IdeosX5Settings). I also want to bring some enhancements to Wi-Fi, there is a firmware crashing issue from long time ago, also memory allocations in wi-fi driver need optimizations.
    Sorry to ask but why the KSM will be removed ?

We have CMA (Contiguous Memory Allocator). It allows camera+vidc memory to be used by apps. In total we have nearly ~400MB available. When camera or vidc wants the memory, it requests it through CMA. However CMA is not compatible with KSM, therefore I am disabling it.
    hello
    thanks blefish.

Disable KSM (Settings->Performance->Memory management). KSM will be permanently removed in the next version.
    Here's the data.txt.
    View attachment 2989733
    The issue is present with the 28/06 version, I just had problem with the new ones (the phone kept rebooting with the 07/09 version).

When you have the time to check it, keep in mind that there could be a connection between my problem and wifi tethering ( I think this problem started when I first used wifi tethering).

Thanks.

From the log I can see it fails on resume, possibly because in my ROM the SD card power is turned off and for some reason it fails to react after power is turned on again.

In stock Huawei ROMs they did not do that, which increases power consumption too (in some cases some users reported that without the SD card they'd get double the battery). So I enabled it in my ROM (it's actually enabled by default in Qualcomm development boards too).

I will debug this problem, perhaps it needs a delay when resuming.
    Btw, if you have installed the last version, do you still get reboots?