[APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5451494

Hi, I tried again to run SCR on OP3 and ZUK Z2. I used the advised text string recent LOS 13 and today GAPPS. LOS same build both. OP3 LOS SU but on Z2 I had to install (Chainfire). SCR changed to Permissive. In both cases there is no sound on HTC 10 when I use WeChat video call. Sound on the phone I'm running SCR is ok. Did not disable anything however on second attempt OP3 I uninstalled AudioFX and the other Screen Recorder. I also tried ResurrectionRemix without success.

Is it possible from log file to see what is wrong? Other ideas?

If you are thinking about recording audio from VoIP using SCR pro, I think it's not possible. Android does not allow two processes to use the mic at the same time. This would mean that you might be able to record what the other person says, but the other person won't be able to hear you in-call while you are recording.

I have tried to record WhatsApp voice calls and Skype. Failed.

paapaapaa

Dec 18, 2016
If you are thinking about recording audio from VoIP using SCR pro, I think it's not possible. Android does not allow two processes to use the mic at the same time. This would mean that you might be able to record what the other person says, but the other person won't be able to hear you in-call while you are recording. I have tried to record WhatsApp voice calls and Skype. Failed.
What you are saying is not correct. The SCR audio driver bypass the MIC problem. My HTC 10 (and before M9) running Viper rom works. I have been using WhatsApp and Wechat and the other person hear what im saying. On 10 I'm running Viper 10 3.5.0 and it worked on first attempt.

D

Deleted member 5451494

What you are saying is not correct. The SCR audio driver bypass the MIC problem. My HTC 10 (and before M9) running Viper rom works. I have been using WhatsApp and Wechat and the other person hear what im saying. On 10 I'm running Viper 10 3.5.0 and it worked on first attempt.
If what you are saying is true, then it is indeed spectacular. Since there are no other apps available as of now to record VoIP calls at all, this would totally become a phenomenon. If you would be so kind as to include detailed information of your setup such as screen shots of your ROM details (stock/CM/LOS/AOSP), android version, SCR app setup and also what version of WhatsApp you are using to record, if possible - a short recording of WhatsApp VoIP call with both voices; it would prove to be extremely useful for all of us here in this forum. Thanks.

paapaapaa

Dec 18, 2016
If what you are saying is true, then it is indeed spectacular. ............. - a short recording of WhatsApp VoIP call with both voices; it would prove to be extremely useful for all of us here in this forum. Thanks.
Tested again today on HTC M9. Video file too large but I have attached screenshot of setup and ROM details. Whatsapp 2.17.150. Worked nice when I moved around phones. AVI file to large to attach. I did also try running on HTC 10 today but sound too low. Will try to reinstall on that unit.

Earlier I have been running mostly WeChat on both M8 & M9 (mostly running M9) and have not had problems. I prefer to use standard earplugs/mic on my phone. I have had the HTC less than a week and felt sound and other was og first installation. ROM running are ViperOneM8 6.1.0 and ViperOneM9 5.3.0.

Edit comments: Seems my HTC 10 (Viper 10 3.5.0) is ok after phone restart. In case earplug has been used think restart is needed to zero out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170416-180925.png
    Screenshot_20170416-180925.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20170416-180935.png
    Screenshot_20170416-180935.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20170416-181004.png
    Screenshot_20170416-181004.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20170416-181012.png
    Screenshot_20170416-181012.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5451494

Tested again today on HTC M9. Video file too large but I have attached screenshot of setup and ROM details. Whatsapp 2.17.150. Worked nice when I moved around phones. AVI file to large to attach. I did also try running on HTC 10 today but sound too low. Will try to reinstall on that unit.

Earlier I have been running mostly WeChat on both M8 & M9 (mostly running M9) and have not had problems. I prefer to use standard earplugs/mic on my phone. I have had the HTC less than a week and felt sound and other was og first installation. ROM running are ViperOneM8 6.1.0 and ViperOneM9 5.3.0.

Edit comments: Seems my HTC 10 (Viper 10 3.5.0) is ok after phone restart. In case earplug has been used think restart is needed to zero out.

This is getting exciting. Are you on telegram? You can send reasonably large files over telegram. We can discuss this in length without going too much off topic in this thread.

paapaapaa

Dec 18, 2016
Small video file

Hi,
I reduced one file to 4 MB. SCR phone located at an iPad and the other phone close to TV and golf channel. TV and iPad in different room. Hopefully it is obvious that sound works even though quality not that good on this recording. Recorded on HTC 10. I'm happy with What I have recorded when it comes to quality.

You should start SCR before starting WhatsApp.

Attachments

• SCR_z.7z
    4 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

kOSZ0

Apr 17, 2017
Nougat 7.1x Update?

@iwobanas
In the near future there will be any Update for Android 7.1.x Nougat? SCR Screen Recorder is the ONLY program that can make me happy using it because it got what a ask.

paapaapaa

Dec 18, 2016
@iwobanas
In the near future there will be any Update for Android 7.1.x Nougat? SCR Screen Recorder is the ONLY program that can make me happy using it because it got what a ask.
Why ask this question again? It's your duty when you post in a forum at least to go a few pages back. Go a few posts back and you will find the answer. Such question (and my answer) only fill the forum with crap.

Reactions: Iller Chiller

kOSZ0

Apr 17, 2017
Why ask this question again? It's your duty when you post in a forum at least to go a few pages back. Go a few posts back and you will find the answer. Such question (and my answer) only fill the forum with crap.
I already saw the post about "there will be never update for this app". And yo mate .. after all I tagged the creator of this post not someone stranger and clueless ... Just wanted the clear answer by them just to be sure for last.

Reactions: PriPhaze

leehom0611

May 6, 2017
NO kbps Option

HI iwobanas SCR SO LOVELY
bUT SCR Screen Recorder WHY NO kbps Option select
default record sound quality TOO LOW
HOPE ADD 128kbps 192kbps 256kbps 320kbps
sound Recorder Option

rilley

Jul 25, 2011
Mures
"Google Play ban and "Dangerous app" warning
SCR Pro got recently banned on Google Play and my developer account got terminated.
This is probably caused by the recent Google Play raid on apps switching SELinux to permissive mode. Unfortunately they haven't sent me the warning so I haven't got a chance to remove this feature. See SELinux section below for more details."

I was shocked to see that I was not able to find my bought app in my phone and I was searching to all my installed apps, and I did not found it, it seems they also removed from the user phones.... :|

DTLoeser

Sep 16, 2016
Error Warning: Android Version not supported

Every time when I open the app I get a warning that my Android version is not supported yet. Is there any way to you use it then. I use a OnePlus 3T with Android 7.1.1 and an arm64 processor
Thank you
0B4cglEaeV6tgYm9GZmFpcTZZYUE

tiga2001

Jun 28, 2010
I can confirm that RecMe works great on a rooted HTC 10 running Android 7.0 . Sometimes you just have to let go of software even if it was working great before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Official SCR Screen Recorder thread
    Check out SCR Screen Recorder, the Android most comprehensive screencast recording app.
    SCR Screen Recorder supports all Android versions since 4.0 and utilizes the best encoding method available on each platform. Since the first release in early 2013 SCR Screen Recorder is frequently updated and new features are added regularly.

Unique features:
    • SYSTEM AUDIO (requires root) - On most devices you can directly record in-game audio without quality loss caused by microphone recording speakers output. The "Internal + Mic" option allows to add a microphone commentary to the system audio recording. At the moment this feature is not available on Android 4.2 but it'll be added soon.

• FACE CAM - Share your emotions by adding a front-facing camera to your video. You can move the camera overlay around so that it doesn't obstruct important controls.

• NO ADS - Unlike other "free" screen recorders SCR never display any ads. Development of all my apps is supported only by donations.

• SETTINGS - No mater if you prefer to select simple presets or manually tweak every setting we've got you covered. SCR supports many customizations and provides performance and stability stats.

• ALPHA FEATURES - Let us know what's important to you in this thread or by joining SCR Alpha Testing Google+ community at http://goo.gl/PGYZ8r

SCR Screen Recorder uses various hacks and unofficial APIs which may not work on some devices and ROMs. If you encounter any issues try experimenting with different settings. In case that doesn't help select "Send bug report" from SCR Settings menu or ask for help in this thread. Note that some devices simply don't support certain encoding options so it doesn't make sense to complain that GPU+ image transformation doesn't work if GPU transformation works fine.

Google Play ban and "Dangerous app" warning
    SCR Pro got recently banned on Google Play and my developer account got terminated.
    This is probably caused by the recent Google Play raid on apps switching SELinux to permissive mode. Unfortunately they haven't sent me the warning so I haven't got a chance to remove this feature. See SELinux section below for more details.

Free SCR Pro for everyone!
    I don't want to charge anyone twice for the same app and no publishing method allows for migration of thousands users who already paid for the app, so I decided to release SCR Pro for free!
    You can grab the APK below and enjoy all the features of the latest release of SCR Pro on Google Play. No time limits, watermarks etc. Simply full-featured best Android screen recorder for free!
    Please consider donating to me, especially if you haven't purchased SCR Pro before, so that I continue development of this app.
    SCR Screen Recorder Pro v1.0.5
    SCR 5+ Pro v0.1.3 (no root, NO INTERNAL AUDIO, requires Lollipop)

In case you don't know how much to donate, the previous price of this app was $5 :)

SELinux details
    SCR Root switches SELinux to Permissive mode when it's running and restores it to the initial value after it's turned off. On most KK+ devices some SCR features won't work without disabling SELinux. Mainly the internal audio recording. If you'd prefer to try using SCR in SELinux enforcing mode let me know (state your Android version and why you need SELinux enabled during recording) and I may make this and option in SCR Settings.

Translations
    Huge thanks to the current translations authors!
    Arabic - MrNice14
    Chinese (Simplified) - iKira
    Chinese (Taiwan) - GPFsam
    Danish - evildog1
    Dutch - sdelange99
    Finnish - T3ER
    German - Paolo Poso
    Korean - Ghilwoon Kim
    Portuguese (Brazil) - Walisson85
    Russian - Mavryck
    Slovak - Pyler
    Spanish - DavBar9
    Due to the amount of work I'm not able to add new translations at the moment.

FAQ
    I’m getting error message when I start recording, what should I do?
    Try changing the resolution or switching between CPU/GPU image transformation mode. Some devices don’t support all settings combinations. If you can’t get any settings to work please tap “Report” button on error dialog and send a full report email including system log.

The recording works fine except the strange colours
    Select “Inverted color fix” in SCR Settings.
    attachment.php

Video contains some random colors instead of my screen
    This is caused by device video encoder crash. It usually can be fixed by changing Resolution.
    attachment.php

The video is sideways, how do I rotate it?
    Just like default Android Camera app SCR checks the screen orientation when the recording is started and adds orientation metadata to the video file. Some video players (e.g. VLC) ignore orientation metadata and always display video horizontally. YouTube and default android video player can detect orientation metadata correctly and play vertical videos. If you want a video to use vertical frames instead of rotation metadata select "Show advanced" in SCR Settings menu and then select "Vertical frames". Note that hardware video encoders and video players on many devices don't support vertical frames especially on high resolutions.

My phone gets really laggy when I start recording
    Phones hardware is not designed to record HD video and play 3D games at the same time so I have to push the limits. There is always going to be some slowdown. You can reduce a lag by reducing resolution and frame rate. Lower frame rate and lower resolution means that your phone needs less power for video encoding and has more spare resources to run other apps and games. If you’r running Android 4.3 try GPU+ image transformation mode which is much faster on some devices.

Smallprint
    This app collects anonymous usage statistics to help track bugs and analyze devices compatibility. This software uses unmodified code of FFmpeg 1.2 licensed under the LGPL.
    Marshmallow support added

I just released a small update adding Android 6.0 support.
    Sorry for the delay, I have very little time to work on this project lately.
    As I smashed my Nexus 6 I couldn't test it on any official Marshmallow ROM.
    I tested it on Nexus 4 Frank ROM and everything worked OK including internal audio.
    So what are the benefits of this over screencast?
    There are quire a few benefits of SCR over Screencast:
    1. SCR supports Tegra devices
    2. it works on Jelly Bean
    3. on many devices it's much faster (e.g. on Nexus 4 you can record 720p@40fps with minimal CPU ussage)
    4. SCR UI uses an floating window displayed ontop other apps so that you can start recording without capturing recorder UI
    5. it's in active development i.e. I keep adding new features and fixing bugs
    SCR Pro is now FREE for everyone!

After considering different ways to republish my app (Amazon App Store/new Google Play account/FDroid etc.) I decided to publish this app for free and hope that at least some of you will support my effort by donations :)
    I don't want to charge anyone twice for the same app and no publishing method allows for migration of thousands users who already purchased the app.
    You can grab the APK from this thread and enjoy all the features of the latest release of SCR Pro on Google Play. No time limits, watermarks etc. Simply full-featured best Android screen recorder for free!
    Unfortunately automatic updates won't work with sideloaded APKs but I'm going add update notifications directly to SCR in the future.

Please consider donating to me, especially if you haven't purchased SCR Pro before!
    I see. Is the app open source at least?
    I'm thinking of opensourcing it but I doubt if anyone will continue work on this project.
    Building SCR requires 1TB of free disk space and around 4 days of compiling.

It would make more sense to opensource the audio driver only but it would require quite a bit of additional work to write a stand-alone installer. I'll look into it when I have some free time.