Need OTG Advice/Information

Search This thread

lessthandan

Jun 2, 2014
Hello,

Long time lurker. First time poster.

I have a 10.1 Note Model # SM-P600 that I have set up in my car. Currently, the charging works fine via micro USB to engine/ignition accessory. Now that I have the initial steps completed, I am looking to add more stuff to the setup. I purchased a USB hub in order to connect a few different devices (USB DAC, External HDD, Camera, etc) along with a few different OTG cables. So far, I have not had any luck charging the device (although, I am able to access devices connected to the hub via the OTG cable). I understand that this is a common problem, and it seems that it has been solved on some devices (Nexus 7) by installing different kernel's and USB ROMs (not sure what this is?). However, I have only seen one bit of information in regards to the SM-P600, and that is the BinDroid kernel that I have found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615959&highlight=otg

I flashed the kernel correctly (I believe, I see the kernel information showing up in my device information), but I am still not having any luck getting the device to charge while having the other pieces of equipment attached. Can anyone give me some good solid info on this problem? I thought I'd be able to install the kernel and that would fix my issue, but maybe I'm missing a few steps? Do I need to install something else? I am currently on the stock ROM, version 4.3. I was thinking about putting CM10.x on the tablet, but I don't think that it's supported...? I need a bit of clarity on that as well.

Please help if you can. Thanks!

ali.maken

May 29, 2010
Como
P600 needs 2A current. I think when you attach other equipment to the USB hub, it may not be able to provide enough current to note so it will not charge. I am not an electrical engineer so someone with more knowledge can of course prove me wrong :laugh:

nawat

May 18, 2007
Generally when your device is connected with an OTG cable, your device is working in as a USB host supplying power to the devices. In your case, your Note will try to supply power to the USB hub. Even if your USB hub is powered by a separate adapter, your Note will not attempt to charge as it is in USB host mode.

You might wanna take a look at this mod.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/hw-mod-usb-otg-charging-galaxy-s3-t1953061

Reactions: vashminted

Top Liked Posts