[Q] European HTC Gratia ROM.

Search This thread

Divino

Aug 30, 2005
I have read almost every thread on upgrading the HTC Aria operating system, in particular the "Liberated" ROM or excellent Cyanogen.

... now it's finally appeared the HTC Gratia and then there is a "official" version of Froyo with Sense on the air.

What I see however is that there are available only "asian" ROM and not "european", so I ask if anyone has tried to upgrade the Aria with the european ROM, and then with english / french / spanish / italian language.

I ask this because I understand you can upgrade later with an application, but would remain the language of the T9 and other things in English.

Is possible to get an update in italian (or French, spanish, etc ...) complete, with T9 in italian and the ability to dictate italian destinations in Google Maps and navigate then with the signs in language?

There is a port of the European Gratia? Or what ROM I use to use a European language, Cyanogen?

Thanks.

(sorry, I read a lot of post buth none about using FULL language different from english or chinese)

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
I have read almost every thread on upgrading the HTC Aria operating system, in particular the "Liberated" ROM or excellent Cyanogen.

... now it's finally appeared the HTC Gratia and then there is a "official" version of Froyo with Sense on the air.

What I see however is that there are available only "asian" ROM and not "european", so I ask if anyone has tried to upgrade the Aria with the european ROM, and then with english / french / spanish / italian language.

I ask this because I understand you can upgrade later with an application, but would remain the language of the T9 and other things in English.

Is possible to get an update in italian (or French, spanish, etc ...) complete, with T9 in italian and the ability to dictate italian destinations in Google Maps and navigate then with the signs in language?

There is a port of the European Gratia? Or what ROM I use to use a European language, Cyanogen?

Thanks.

(sorry, I read a lot of post buth none about using FULL language different from english or chinese)

Take a look at the Liberated Aria 2.2 FR008. It is based on the European Gratia ROM and has all of the supported languages you asked about.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=819715

Cosmo123

May 19, 2010
I am also looking for the Gratia stock ROM. I am running CM7 at the moment and have the problem that my NAND backup of my original ROM is corrupt. I would like to be able to go back to stock.

Could somebody make a Nandroid backup and upload it? Thanks!

Opustenooo

Dec 3, 2010
Belgrade
Yeah me too.
I'm lookin just for regular stock HTC Gratia WWE rom. All i found are asian version of RUU ROMS and from diferent operaters :(

Shtsh

Jun 4, 2011
Minsk
I have backup from clockworkmod recovery. Should I share it? (I can do it after Jul, 18th)

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Whats the problem with visiting the HTC site and getting the RUU for your device? I assume if they sell the phone there they have an RUU update for your country?

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
So if there is no RUU for the Gratia, then what we are talking about here is a custom ROM, which sounds like exactly the opposite of what these guys want. They want an official 2.2 update for their phone, that DOESN'T exist obviously.

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
So if there is no RUU for the Gratia, then what we are talking about here is a custom ROM, which sounds like exactly the opposite of what these guys want. They want an official 2.2 update for their phone, that DOESN'T exist obviously.

No, they just want the original stock Gratia ROM. The ROM that comes on your phone when you purchase a new Gratia. It's not custom at all. But since there isn't a Gratia RUU, you can't just extract the ROM out of the RUU zip file and flash it like you could with the stock AT&T ROMs for example.

So the next best thing is to acquire a Nandroid backup that someone made immediately after S-OFFing their phone (but before altering the installed ROM), which is what the last few posters are looking for.

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
No, they just want the original stock Gratia ROM. The ROM that comes on your phone when you purchase a new Gratia. It's not custom at all. But since there isn't a Gratia RUU, you can't just extract the ROM out of the RUU zip file and flash it like you could with the stock AT&T ROMs for example.

So the next best thing is to acquire a Nandroid backup that someone made immediately after S-OFFing their phone (but before altering the installed ROM), which is what the last few posters are looking for.

Re-read the OP, they're asking for froyo. Which doesn't exist for the Gratia. Check the HTC website yourself if you don't believe me.

Opustenooo

Dec 3, 2010
Belgrade
I searched a little bit and this is version that i need RUU_Liberty_Froyo_S_HTC_WWE_2.37.405.10_Radio_47.54.35.20_7.13.35.13_release_164736_signed but i can't find it anywhere :(

edis_mumin

Oct 12, 2011
Hi, I'm noob for all of this words and abbreviations, so can anyone help me for my problem? I have HTC Gratia (operator free) and I have been installed Liberated Aria 2.2.2 ROM. Now I would like to install another ROM which is more like factory Android 2.2. I don't have any backup, actually It was corrupted... Is there any chance to rollback original software (ROM), or I need to install another ROM? Thanks in advice

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Hi, I'm noob for all of this words and abbreviations, so can anyone help me for my problem? I have HTC Gratia (operator free) and I have been installed Liberated Aria 2.2.2 ROM. Now I would like to install another ROM which is more like factory Android 2.2. I don't have any backup, actually It was corrupted... Is there any chance to rollback original software (ROM), or I need to install another ROM? Thanks in advice

I don't remember seeing the actual shipped Gratia RUU/ROM in the development section. However, ATTN1's Liberated Aria 2.2 FR008 is based on the shipped Gratia ROM, so I would suggest you flash that.

Reactions: edis_mumin

Cosmo123

May 19, 2010
I don't remember seeing the actual shipped Gratia RUU/ROM in the development section. However, ATTN1's Liberated Aria 2.2 FR008 is based on the shipped Gratia ROM, so I would suggest you flash that.

Hi,
I think there are some stock Gratia ROMS somewhere in this forum. But I wonder what you are trying to achieve and what you expect? The Liberated Aria 2.2.2 is not much different from a stock Gratia ROM. The major differences are that is uses a new kernel, is rooted, supports ext4 and some other advantages. But to be honest I don't think you will even know the difference! Or are you planning to sell your phone and want it back to factory defaults?
Greets

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.