[Q] Unlock SIM Amaze t-Mob

Search This thread

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Hello from Peru

I have a Amaze of T-Mobile and Im trying to unlock the SIM with the sieempi process (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659430)
But dont work with my phone.

I have installed FireRom 3.5

Anyone can help me??

regards

Why do you need SIM unlocked if you're already HTC dev unlocked, s-off and super-cid? Once you've attained these you can flash any compatible ROM or radio baseband on your handset or use any GSM compatible SIM card. SIM unlock was only important before these tools were available for the Amaze.

If you haven't yet attained s-off or super-cid and are having problems with your carrier's SIM in your US T-Mobile handset, then do those procedures first. You will probably have to flash back to stock ROM for s-off. Without these manufacturer locks on your device you have total freedom to install any software and use on any GSM carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: iEduardo182

KT-82166

Aug 7, 2012
Dallas,GA
Why do you need SIM unlocked if you're already HTC dev unlocked, s-off and super-cid? Once you've attained these you can flash any compatible ROM or radio baseband on your handset or use any GSM compatible SIM card. SIM unlock was only important before these tools were available for the Amaze.

Maybe he wants to sell or switch to AT&T

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN
Maybe he wants to sell or switch to AT&T

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

He's in Peru. Neither T-Mobile or AT&T are carriers there. Once the phone is HTC-dev unlocked, s-off, and super-cid he can use any GSM SIM card and it will operate with that carrier. The only way it wouldn't work is if IMEI is blacklisted due to being previously reported stolen and if that were the case a SIM unlock wouldn't help either.

Last edited:

iEduardo182

Feb 8, 2014
hello

He's in Peru. Neither T-Mobile or AT&T are carriers there. Once the phone is HTC-dev unlocked, s-off, and super-cid he can use any GSM SIM card and it will operate with that carrier. The only way it wouldn't work is if IMEI is blacklisted due to being previously reported stolen..

Hello, thanks for answer me ..
I have the phone unlocked with HTC-dev, but have S-on
I was use the Amaze AIO v.5

How I see if my IMEI is in black list?? :S
is the imei is there... can i have any solution??

Odysseus1962

Sep 30, 2013
Ripley, TN

To check your IMEI is easy there's a tool in the swappa forum near the top of the main page. You can find the one for your handset under settings/about phone. The thing is, you're using a T-Mobile US phone on a different carrier in another country. You need to either unlock the SIM or attain s-off and super-cid. If you don't you're using a foreign SIM card to the device and will have issues. They may be connectivity related, or it may not work at all.

The preferred solution is s-off and super-cid, as this gives you the freedom to use any ROM (not just those based on T-Mobile) plus allows you to try different radio basebands. Different carriers use different GSM base frequencies. You may find non T-Mobile radios work better in your location. The only way to find out is to test and use the one that gives you the best throughput consistently. Just use an ICS radio with ICS or newer ROMs, a GB radio won't work with ICS.

The instructions for s-off and super-cid are located in threads pinned to the top of the forums. Read through them and all the info you seek will be listed in easy to understand instructions.

I hope this helps
Ciao

Edit: since you're new here, you aren't familiar with our customs or board etiquette. If I or anyone else helps you with useful information it's considered good form to thank them for doing so with the 'thanks' button.

Last edited:

iEduardo182

Feb 8, 2014
thanks

To check your IMEI is easy there's a tool in the swappa forum near the top of the main page. You can find the one for your handset under settings/about phone. The thing is, you're using a T-Mobile US phone on a different carrier in another country. You need to either unlock the SIM or attain s-off and super-cid. If you don't you're using a foreign SIM card to the device and will have issues. They may be connectivity related, or it may not work at all.

The preferred solution is s-off and super-cid, as this gives you the freedom to use any ROM (not just those based on T-Mobile) plus allows you to try different radio basebands. Different carriers use different GSM base frequencies. You may find non T-Mobile radios work better in your location. The only way to find out is to test and use the one that gives you the best throughput consistently. Just use an ICS radio with ICS or newer ROMs, a GB radio won't work with ICS.

The instructions for s-off and super-cid are located in threads pinned to the top of the forums. Read through them and all the info you seek will be listed in easy to understand instructions.

I hope this helps
Ciao

Edit: since you're new here, you aren't familiar with our customs or board etiquette. If I or anyone else helps you with useful information it's considered good form to thank them for doing so with the 'thanks' button.

Many thanks!! I will try to s-off and super-cid!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I hope this helps
    Ciao

Hello from Peru

I have a Amaze of T-Mobile and Im trying to unlock the SIM with the sieempi process (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1659430)
    But dont work with my phone.

I have installed FireRom 3.5

Anyone can help me??

regards

If you haven't yet attained s-off or super-cid and are having problems with your carrier's SIM in your US T-Mobile handset, then do those procedures first. You will probably have to flash back to stock ROM for s-off. Without these manufacturer locks on your device you have total freedom to install any software and use on any GSM carrier.