[XPOSED][4.1+][1.0.8]ViewInPlay - just let this app show in the Google Play Store

Search This thread

lj3lj3

May 8, 2011
yulin, shannxi
Requires Xposed Framework![/B] Great thanks to him!
UPDATE: Lollipop version is out! check it out: XBridge
And it's for lollipop ONLY!
UPDATE: Since begin from summer, i have been very busy, both at work and life. I'm sorry for you guys has heard nothing from me. but now, i'm on Lollipop, but xposed is not working by now, so, i can do nothing about add functions etc. but i wanna thank you guys for every brilliant ideas about what this module can do, and i'm very happy for this module can do a little help on you phone! this year will be a busy year, because i want to move to my hometown to stay with my gf and marry her, there will be a lot of thing waiting for me. i can't say when the xposed is ready, i'm ready, but we will see then. thanks guys! See you!

What's this
this module add a 'View in Play' button to the recent task long press popup menu and app info screen, let you easily view any apps in the Google Play!

Why started
i found i always view apps in the Google Play Store to see the new version, comments, and similar apps, tired to open the Link2sd, and waiting it's loading done, and click that button, so, i wrote this.:cool:

Tested
Now, just tested on the PA 4.4.2 and list below, but this should work on any AOSP based 4.1 - 4.4 ROM , if this module worked for you, please let me know, if not, see anything i can help:laugh:
Nexus 4 With PA 4.4.2
Xperia Z1 With stock 4.3 @timberwolf60
Galaxy S4 With stock 4.3 @steelew
Nexus 7 With stock 4.3 @Domino5

Warning
NOT compatible with XHaloWindow and any module which will add menu in the recent task popup menu yet.(maybe working with later, waiting for fix, for now, use other options instead)

Wanna be working on your XXX ROM???
Please write down your XXX ROM source address, i will looking if i can do that...

Screen shots
Screenshot_main_1.0.4_35.jpg
Screenshot_recent_task_1.0.2_35.jpg
Screenshot_app_info_1.0.2_35.jpg
Screenshot_two_finger_tap_1.0.4_35.jpg
Screenshot_notification_1.0.4_35.jpg

To-do/working on
an option to hide app icon from launcher @NetBender done
double top the recent task to view in the play @zenesis had done it, but, the recent task click response is not as quick as before, 'cause it waiting for double click action, Google let it go for some reason. so, here, i use two-finger-tap instead, wish u like it too.:D
better working on 4.1 and 4.2...

Changelog

1.0.8 (2014.05.16)
fixed : Xposed 5.6 2.6 beta compatibility
added : browser-store switch (you can shoose which should show up in the app chooser, don't forget to disable 'directly view in play' function)
updated : translation
1.0.7 (2014.05.13)
fixed : new PA Floating mode compatibility
1.0.6.2 (2014.04.29)
added : option for debuggable(default not checked, so there will be less log output for better performance)
1.0.6.1 (2014.04.08)
fixed : app info injection does not worked on 4.1, again(sorry), thx to @_jis_ for point it out
updated : languages
1.0.6 (2014.03.26)
fixed : app info injection does not worked on 4.1
moded : move from http:// to market://, only markets shows in app chooser now
added : simplified Chinese language
1.0.5 (2014.03.19)
added : XHaloFloatingWindow compatibility @obp55
fixed : SystemUI crash on 4.1 when 'view in play' menu clicked in the notification popup menu.
fixed : should fix 'view in play' not working in recent panel on 4.1.
updated : language

older change logs... see Post#2

Language

Report bugs
see Post #2

Knowing bugs
some apps are not system app(or not stock android app), but still recognized as system app and no view in play menu will show on it. i will find a way to handle it. if you have one, pleased to know.

Source
Github : https://github.com/lj3lj3/ViewInPlay

Credits
rovo89 for great Xposed framework
XHaloFloatingWindow for the source of recent task popup menu injection, without that source, this module maybe not started yet.

Download
see attached apk or Xposed Repository

Xposed Repository
http://repo.xposed.info/module/info.daylemk.viewinplay

Want thanks/support me?
thanks, just click the thanks button, i will be very happy!:victory:

Attachments

• ViewInPlay.apk
    48.6 KB · Views: 430
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.1.apk
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,166
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.2.apk
    63.8 KB · Views: 154
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.2-lu.apk
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.3.apk
    69.2 KB · Views: 46
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.4.apk
    72.9 KB · Views: 59
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.5.apk
    75.2 KB · Views: 39
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.6.apk
    78.4 KB · Views: 53
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.6.1.apk
    79.6 KB · Views: 74
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.6.2.apk
    79.6 KB · Views: 49
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.7.apk
    81.2 KB · Views: 108
  • ViewInPlay_1.0.8.apk
    82.5 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:

lj3lj3

May 8, 2011
yulin, shannxi
report bugs

Changelog
1.0.4 (2014.03.12)
added : 'view in play' available in the notification long press menu @SilentException
fixed : two-finger-tap not working when show in recent option disabled @__Michael__
moded : better app info activity calling, should fix some not working issues
updated : some preference info text
1.0.3 (2014.03.10)
added : Two-Finger-Tap go to Play Store (two fingers tap the thumbnail in the recent task to go to Play Store)
fixed : XiiaLive be recongnized as android stock app
fixed : no-play-store toast not showing bug
moded : better way to get the recent menu text, now show work with all languages.
updated : Slovak translation
1.0.2-lu(language update) (2014.03.05)
updated : Italian translation
added : German translation
1.0.2 (2014.03.02)
fixed : chrome be recognized as android stock app @Ja_som
added : tinted status bar on 4.4 and above, use SystemBarTint library
added : an option can hide icon from launcher @NetBender
added : Italian translation
added : Slovak translation
1.0.1 (2014.02.26)
fixed : directly view in play not working with app info
fixed : some annoy toast when click the View in Play button @Ja_som
added : XDA thread on the app screen
added : app version on the app screen
1.0 (2014.2.25)
init version.

Found View in Play menu available with stock app?
Found View in Play menu NOT available with some CRAZY apps?
No problem! here is how to help me solve it:
  1. Click the recent task button, find that app(you need run it before see it here of cause)
  2. Long press that task, the view in play menu will show on the popup menu
  3. OK, that's info is enough for me. :laugh: Now, open Xposed Installer(not installed? my my~)
  4. Turn to the logs page, click the upper right refresh button, and scroll up untill you see this log: DayL[RecentTaskHook]the package is : xxx
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-10-23-50_35.jpg
  5. Send/Pm/Post the package name after that log(xxx) to me, and i will solve it.
  6. Thank you!

Last edited:

lj3lj3

May 8, 2011
yulin, shannxi
Great, thank you @lj3lj3
After I tap on View in Play on recent apps screen toast is shown with text 'false'.

Sent from my tablet. Odoslané z môjho tabletu.
Please hit THANKS button if I helped you ;)

thx, just notice that coming, it's seems like that the system ui not able to show toast right now? anyway, will fixed it in next version.

I found 'incompatible' app, Chrome.

Please hit THANKS button if I helped you ;)

oh~ it's~ yeah, this will not show the menu on the Chrome task, 'cause it's package name starts with 'com.android', not 'com.google', and this is often the android stock app, i will find a better way to fix it.

Reactions: Ja_som

NetBender

Feb 20, 2012
Great app, it will be very useful.
May i suggest you to add an option that allow to hyde the icon from the launcher?

Tested
Now, just tested on the PA 4.4.2, but this should work on any AOSP based 4.4 ROM (4.0 - 4.3 maybe, not confirmed), if this module worked for you, please let me know, if not, see anything i can help:laugh:
Nexus 4 With PA 4.4.2
I don't know if you want this information but i have a Galaxy Nexus with PA 4.0 BETA6 and the app works well.

I want to translate it in Italian, do you have to do a "cleanup" or i can start?

WLabrador

Feb 3, 2011
Caracas
I've been looking for something like this for ages, thank you! I'm the "app guy" at the office and I'm constantly giving out advice on apps, so having this and transferring via NFC is going to make it really easy to me.

Slightly offtopic (sorry in advance): How do I get those extra navbar buttons? I wanna tinker with that. Thanks again.

Last edited:

timberwolf60

Apr 2, 2008
Singapore
It worked on my Z1(6903). Good ideas.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my Sg device: Z1 rooted136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.94 dualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 2.9.7. Samsung S2 standby for Z1 when Z1 no power.

lj3lj3

May 8, 2011
yulin, shannxi
Works perfect on I-9505 (International S4 LTE) with 4.3...
thx, will you please tell me something about your ROM, samsung stock touchwiz rom or AOSP ? that will be useful for other users.

Can you please make one, just like this one but to FORCE STOP the app?? Would also be nice if the options showed when long press a notification too.
well~ i think that long press recent task and notification will let you to go to app info screen, at there, you will be able to Force Stop that app, just one more click won't be boring. so, sorry buddy. :)

Great app, it will be very useful.
May i suggest you to add an option that allow to hyde the icon from the launcher?
I don't know if you want this information but i have a Galaxy Nexus with PA 4.0 BETA6 and the app works well.
I want to translate it in Italian, do you have to do a "cleanup" or i can start?
thx, hide icon from the launcher? good idea, working on it. happy to know it's working on your phone, and you are very kind to helping me, 'cleanup' maybe not, you can feel free to translate my poor english into your language.:laugh:

Please add a double tap function to go to playstore once a task is double tapped.
wow~ this is something, thank you for this wonderful idea, will add it to the to-do list.

I've been looking for something like this for ages, thank you! I'm the "app guy" at the office and I'm constantly giving out advice on apps, so having this and transferring via NFC is going to make it really easy to me.

Slightly offtopic (sorry in advance): How do I get those extra navbar buttons? I wanna tinker with that. Thanks again.
yeah, very happy this little mod do it's job for you, happy sharing. those extra button added by the GravityBox module, check it out, very useful !

It worked on my Z1(6903). Good ideas.

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my Sg device: Z1 rooted136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.94 dualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 2.9.7. Samsung S2 standby for Z1 when Z1 no power.
thx for your device information, but stock rom? version? thx again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework![/B] Great thanks to him!
    UPDATE: Lollipop version is out! check it out: XBridge
    And it's for lollipop ONLY!
    UPDATE: Since begin from summer, i have been very busy, both at work and life. I'm sorry for you guys has heard nothing from me. but now, i'm on Lollipop, but xposed is not working by now, so, i can do nothing about add functions etc. but i wanna thank you guys for every brilliant ideas about what this module can do, and i'm very happy for this module can do a little help on you phone! this year will be a busy year, because i want to move to my hometown to stay with my gf and marry her, there will be a lot of thing waiting for me. i can't say when the xposed is ready, i'm ready, but we will see then. thanks guys! See you!

What's this
    this module add a 'View in Play' button to the recent task long press popup menu and app info screen, let you easily view any apps in the Google Play!

Why started
    i found i always view apps in the Google Play Store to see the new version, comments, and similar apps, tired to open the Link2sd, and waiting it's loading done, and click that button, so, i wrote this.:cool:

Tested
    Now, just tested on the PA 4.4.2 and list below, but this should work on any AOSP based 4.1 - 4.4 ROM , if this module worked for you, please let me know, if not, see anything i can help:laugh:
    Nexus 4 With PA 4.4.2
    Xperia Z1 With stock 4.3 @timberwolf60
    Galaxy S4 With stock 4.3 @steelew
    Nexus 7 With stock 4.3 @Domino5

Warning
    NOT compatible with XHaloWindow and any module which will add menu in the recent task popup menu yet.(maybe working with later, waiting for fix, for now, use other options instead)

Wanna be working on your XXX ROM???
    Please write down your XXX ROM source address, i will looking if i can do that...

Screen shots
    Screenshot_main_1.0.4_35.jpg
    Screenshot_recent_task_1.0.2_35.jpg
    Screenshot_app_info_1.0.2_35.jpg
    Screenshot_two_finger_tap_1.0.4_35.jpg
    Screenshot_notification_1.0.4_35.jpg

To-do/working on
    an option to hide app icon from launcher @NetBender done
    double top the recent task to view in the play @zenesis had done it, but, the recent task click response is not as quick as before, 'cause it waiting for double click action, Google let it go for some reason. so, here, i use two-finger-tap instead, wish u like it too.:D
    better working on 4.1 and 4.2...

Changelog

1.0.8 (2014.05.16)
    fixed : Xposed 5.6 2.6 beta compatibility
    added : browser-store switch (you can shoose which should show up in the app chooser, don't forget to disable 'directly view in play' function)
    updated : translation
    1.0.7 (2014.05.13)
    fixed : new PA Floating mode compatibility
    1.0.6.2 (2014.04.29)
    added : option for debuggable(default not checked, so there will be less log output for better performance)
    1.0.6.1 (2014.04.08)
    fixed : app info injection does not worked on 4.1, again(sorry), thx to @_jis_ for point it out
    1.0.6 (2014.03.26)
    fixed : app info injection does not worked on 4.1
    moded : move from http:// to market://, only markets shows in app chooser now
    added : simplified Chinese language
    1.0.5 (2014.03.19)
    added : XHaloFloatingWindow compatibility @obp55
    fixed : SystemUI crash on 4.1 when 'view in play' menu clicked in the notification popup menu.
    fixed : should fix 'view in play' not working in recent panel on 4.1.
    updated : language

older change logs... see Post#2

Language

Report bugs
    see Post #2

Knowing bugs
    some apps are not system app(or not stock android app), but still recognized as system app and no view in play menu will show on it. i will find a way to handle it. if you have one, pleased to know.

Source
    Github : https://github.com/lj3lj3/ViewInPlay

Credits
    rovo89 for great Xposed framework
    XHaloFloatingWindow for the source of recent task popup menu injection, without that source, this module maybe not started yet.

Download
    see attached apk or Xposed Repository

Xposed Repository
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/info.daylemk.viewinplay

Want thanks/support me?
    thanks, just click the thanks button, i will be very happy!:victory:
    report bugs

Changelog
    1.0.4 (2014.03.12)
    added : 'view in play' available in the notification long press menu @SilentException
    fixed : two-finger-tap not working when show in recent option disabled @__Michael__
    moded : better app info activity calling, should fix some not working issues
    updated : some preference info text
    1.0.3 (2014.03.10)
    added : Two-Finger-Tap go to Play Store (two fingers tap the thumbnail in the recent task to go to Play Store)
    fixed : XiiaLive be recongnized as android stock app
    fixed : no-play-store toast not showing bug
    moded : better way to get the recent menu text, now show work with all languages.
    updated : Slovak translation
    1.0.2-lu(language update) (2014.03.05)
    updated : Italian translation
    added : German translation
    1.0.2 (2014.03.02)
    fixed : chrome be recognized as android stock app @Ja_som
    added : tinted status bar on 4.4 and above, use SystemBarTint library
    added : an option can hide icon from launcher @NetBender
    added : Italian translation
    added : Slovak translation
    1.0.1 (2014.02.26)
    fixed : directly view in play not working with app info
    fixed : some annoy toast when click the View in Play button @Ja_som
    added : XDA thread on the app screen
    added : app version on the app screen
    1.0 (2014.2.25)
    init version.

Found View in Play menu available with stock app?
    Found View in Play menu NOT available with some CRAZY apps?
    No problem! here is how to help me solve it:
    1. Click the recent task button, find that app(you need run it before see it here of cause)
    2. Long press that task, the view in play menu will show on the popup menu
    3. OK, that's info is enough for me. :laugh: Now, open Xposed Installer(not installed? my my~)
    4. Turn to the logs page, click the upper right refresh button, and scroll up untill you see this log: DayL[RecentTaskHook]the package is : xxx
      Screenshot_2014-02-28-10-23-50_35.jpg
    5. Send/Pm/Post the package name after that log(xxx) to me, and i will solve it.
    6. Thank you!
    works great on my One X, not so much on my nexus 7 though.. :(

I'm using PAC ROM which has the omniswitch feature for recent apps, which I'm assuming is the cause of the recent apps options for this module to not work..

would it be possible to add these options into the long press of apps on your home screen? (I'll attach screenshot when I get on my laptop)
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    hum, could be, any other inject-popup-menu stuff will make it unusable. home screen? since i didn't use now launcher too much, i might say wouldn't do it, and one launcher, one work, it will be a long time work, can't handle it.

I don't want to bother you again but I would like to know if you're working on an update. I would be very happy to finally use your app. =)
    sorry, i need some logs and a apk to get to fix it, see posts a page before.:cowboy:

Interferes with option to long click "open in halo" love this app would be nice to have them working together. Option disappears altogether.

In other words try using these two apps at once utilizing the recent menu options on both. Thank you kindly
    Sam
    thx, yeah, will do, may be include in next version.

Now it can be installed/updated via Xposed Framework app :)

yea, the xposed repository web worked aggain, and i uploaded it.:laugh:
    The app doesn't really work on my Galaxy Note 2 4.1.2 (more details are in my signature).
    After enabling and rebooting my phone I tried to go to the recent app page and the only thing that works now is that the three options shows up when I long press a task (remove from list/app info/view in play).
    Double pressing an app or selecting 'app info'/'view in play' does nothing and I can't get even to the app info screen.
    I've tried with disabling 'directly view in Google Play' and rebooted my phone but it didn't fix my problem.
    Can you please fix this?
    If you need any more details I would like to provide it.
    Have a nice day!
    thx, i will take look at it again, since last time, i didn't found anything useful, your are very kind, if i need any information, i will let you know. happy day.

On cm10 (xperia tipo) the recent apps shows extra option but then does nothing.
    2 finger isn't working.
    Else nice idea :)
    yeah, thx, i will take a time and try to finger that out why my little work is not working on 4.1 or 4.2, but it will be a while since i don't have any device running with 4.1 or 4.2, i left it at my hometown, now i realize how stupid decision that was.:p

Two-Finger-Tap go to Play Store works only if i enable viewplay in recent ..

oh, confirm it, thank you, my friend, will release a version very soon. you are awesome!
    Maybe the mod is called ViewInPlay, not force stop, view in play and some other crap

That is exactly why i SUGGESTED the creation of another mod, similar to this one, but with a different functionality. The code should be very similar.
    Why are you even bothering to answer something not directed to you?