[Q] Trouble relocking bootloader on C6802

Search This thread

bframe5

Dec 25, 2013
Hi, I'm having some issues relocking my bootloader, as I'd like to go back to OTA updates.

I'm currently running the below ftf and kernel:
C6802_14.3.A.0.681_Generic HK.ftf
681_jackie099.img (by jackie099)

I tried relocking the bootloader using Flashtool 0.9.15, and according to flashtool it worked, but it's nothing but boot loops after that...

I thought that maybe I need to go back to a stock kernel first, but unfortunately, I can't find one after extensive googling...

Any ideas? :confused:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
All the FTFs have a kernel in them.

Do you still want root? OTAs probably wont work with root. If you want pure stock just flash a FTF after restoring the TA backup.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

Reactions: bframe5

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
Hi, I'm having some issues relocking my bootloader, as I'd like to go back to OTA updates.

I tried relocking the bootloader using Flashtool 0.9.15, and according to flashtool it worked, but it's nothing but boot loops after that...

I thought that maybe I need to go back to a stock kernel first, but unfortunately, I can't find one after extensive googling...

having a modified kernel like jackies wont allow you to boot. (locked bootloaders will only permit a totally stock ROM)
So to have root and recovery you will need to have an unlocked bootloader.

actually... you could flash your ROM... flash jackies kernel and then root.
Then flash the stock kernel.

... and then you can lock your bootloader and still have root.

.. and it will boot.

Reactions: bframe5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All the FTFs have a kernel in them.

Do you still want root? OTAs probably wont work with root. If you want pure stock just flash a FTF after restoring the TA backup.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

having a modified kernel like jackies wont allow you to boot. (locked bootloaders will only permit a totally stock ROM)
    So to have root and recovery you will need to have an unlocked bootloader.

actually... you could flash your ROM... flash jackies kernel and then root.
    Then flash the stock kernel.

... and then you can lock your bootloader and still have root.

.. and it will boot.