[OFFICIAL XDA]One Handed Mode: Use your phone with one hand!

Search This thread

XDAample

Oct 26, 2013
Seongju
plus.google.com
Xiaomi 13 Pro
I've been waiting like this mod, cause do not want to stay LineageOS-like roms. Mine on PA 7.3.0, Leeco Lepro3, and it works good.
BTW, have you any plan to add an option to turn OHM on with other method like app shortcut? I use another HALO app, so don't want this intercorrupt previous useage.
THX for this app.

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
I've been waiting like this mod, cause do not want to stay LineageOS-like roms. Mine on PA 7.3.0, Leeco Lepro3, and it works good.
BTW, have you any plan to add an option to turn OHM on with other method like app shortcut? I use another HALO app, so don't want this intercorrupt previous useage.
THX for this app.

In the next update, we will add a QS tile, launcher shortcut, and an intent.

I installed the app through play store and now it's showing my device isn't compatible
any idea ??

Are you using a Xiaomi device? We temporarily restricted access because of issues with MIUI. If you want to try it regardless you can download it via XDA Labs or APKMirror. See the OP.

Reactions: XDAample

izephyr

Dec 2, 2010
Narayanganj
I will be waiting for the next update.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

btw. Samsung devices like s7 edge have a native one hand mode. it'd be nice if that could be modded by your app to resize, re-position and dpi adjust. You may look into this. Then it will solve issues with apps at least on Samsung devices.

Md Shahab

In the next update, we will add a QS tile, launcher shortcut, and an intent.

Are you using a Xiaomi device? We temporarily restricted access because of issues with MIUI. If you want to try it regardless you can download it via XDA Labs or APKMirror. See the OP.

am using Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SD but am not on miui
am currently on NitrogenOS Oreo
and when am applying the promo code play store is telling me to update the app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171029-090511.jpg
    Screenshot_20171029-090511.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 221

TheBo

I have updated to the latest....the issue of aome app not using completely the reduced space is still present.
Also if I press home button the app somehow got unloaded and phone display goes back to full screen ( I mean normal full screen without the app)

Since I'm Oreo beta for op3 I don't know if this bug can be considered real app bugs or just bad behaviour of my config

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171029-061707.jpg
    Screenshot_20171029-061707.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 223

Humpie

Recognized Developer
Next update will add an intent that can be called at com.xda.onehandedmode.action.TOGGLE_OHM and a launcher shortcut.

We will also work with the developer of the Custom Navigation Bar app so you can toggle One Handed Mode using a nav bar key.

Is this already available in the latest update? I can't seem to find it in the manifest.xml
Edit: Pardon me, it works! thanks! I just added the action in an intent sent from Tasker

Last edited:

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
I have updated to the latest....the issue of aome app not using completely the reduced space is still present.
Also if I press home button the app somehow got unloaded and phone display goes back to full screen ( I mean normal full screen without the app)

Since I'm Oreo beta for op3 I don't know if this bug can be considered real app bugs or just bad behaviour of my config

Some apps just won't display properly in one handed mode and there's not much we can do about that. The home button thing you're talking about is intended behavior but we'll offer a preference to disable that.

I got the impression from the description on Play that there is a DPI adjuster in the app. Full-time, I suppose.

Nope, the DPI adjustment is just in reference to OHM.

Hi, i installed todays update but still there is no Launcher shortcut or activity, only Main Activity. Bubble is not bad but having 6 hardware buttons I'd like to remap one for toggle OHM.

Try the latest update.

till22

Jul 30, 2014
34°5'S, 58°5'W
I used a too small setting which made my Nextbit Robin not usable anymore. "No problem", I thought - but even after rebooting the service starts on boot with the small screen (I'd like to specify I did NOT touch that setting so it was not activated).

The reduced screen is about 1/4th of the screen size and I can't navigate to the app to deactivate the reduced screen...

Is there some easy way to get rid of this?

- My phone is unfortunately not recognized as ADB device when it's turned on, only when I'm in recovery (TWRP).
- Trying to uninstall the app via ADB in recovery results in: "/sbin/sh: pm: not found",
- Booting to safe mode doesn't help (screen still small).
- I can go to the Android Settings, but don't see anything there

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
I used a too small setting which made my Nextbit Robin not usable anymore. "No problem", I thought - but even after rebooting the service starts on boot with the small screen (I'd like to specify I did NOT touch that setting so it was not activated).

The reduced screen is about 1/4th of the screen size and I can't navigate to the app to deactivate the reduced screen...

Is there some easy way to get rid of this?

- My phone is unfortunately not recognized as ADB device when it's turned on, only when I'm in recovery (TWRP).
- Trying to uninstall the app via ADB in recovery results in: "/sbin/sh: pm: not found",
- Booting to safe mode doesn't help (screen still small).
- I can go to the Android Settings, but don't see anything there

You need to run ADB while booted up in Android to reset the size. How were you able to grant the app the permissions it needs without ADB working? Are you rooted?

till22

Jul 30, 2014
34°5'S, 58°5'W
You need to run ADB while booted up in Android to reset the size. How were you able to grant the app the permissions it needs without ADB working? Are you rooted?

The thing is my device is not recognized as ADB device when it's booted up.. So yes, I gave it root permission.

EDIT: I installed "Apowersoft Phone Manager" and uninstalled the application, but the screen is still reduced... I fear I'll have to flash my ROM again.

385.jpg

Last edited:

celeron1

Oct 7, 2008
Please add a shortcut for toggle.

The idea is to add an extra button beside the navigation bar (onscreen button) to toggle one hand mode.

Is there any software that can add a shortcut button to the navbar or even let e.g doubletab application overview button for one hand mode.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One-Handed-Mode-XDA.png

Smartphones keep getting taller, making it harder to use your phone one handed. Ever wish you could reach the top buttons of your favorite app or the status bar? Thanks to One Handed Mode by XDA-Developers, now you can!

The app lets you shift your screen contents so you can better reach the top of your screen without overstretching your fingers! For a fee, you can enable a floating bubble which allows you to toggle One Handed Mode from any screen!

Features

- Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Launcher Shortcut
    - Toggle One-Handed Mode through a Quick Settings Tile
    - Toggle One-Handed Mode through an intent
    - Integration with Custom Navigation Bar app to add a navigation bar button to toggle One-Handed Mode
    - Emergency reset button to safeguard your device
    - Start service on boot
    - Automatically adjust DPI to better fit screen contents
    - Customize One-Handed Mode window, support for left-handed window
    - Drag to dismiss bubble
    - Disables One-Handed Mode on lock screen, when pressing home button, or when in landscape mode

Download

Download from the Google Play Store.

Download from XDA Labs

Download from APKMirror

XDA:DevDB Information
    One Handed Mode, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    MishaalRahman, Zacharee1

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-11-02

Created 2017-10-27
    Last Updated 2017-11-02
    Next update will add transparency slider for the bubble and make it much much easier to swipe down the status bar.
    Very good! I was looking for an app like this.
    First btw. :)

You're welcome! Hope it serves you well. I know it's not perfect, but without root/Xposed we are verrrryyy limited in what we can do!
    Is it possible to launch to toggle the one handed mode using an intent? I'd like to toggle it using a button on my navbar
    First off great app, been wanting this feature for so long just for getting at the notification bar.

Is there any way to assign this to a command to be used with a button in the Navigation bar?

Could you add a "toggle" option as an activity for use as a shortcut with Nova Launcher etc. Attached a screenshot for detail.

Yes, we can add that to the planned feature list.

Is it possible to launch to toggle the one handed mode using an intent? I'd like to toggle it using a button on my navbar

Yes, we can do that