[Q&A/T][Kernel][ICS/JB/KK]Dorimanx i9100 Discussion Thread | Non-development posts

Search This thread

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
[Q&A/T][Kernel][ICS/JB/KK]Dorimanx i9100 Discussion Thread | Non-development posts

[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to Dorimanx Kernel for i9100[/SIZE]

[Kernel 3.12.rc6][24 OCT][DEV THREAD!] Dorimanx 8.43 ONLY JB I9100 +RECOVERY+ROOTED.

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank the Kernel OP (Dorimanx), in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

Last edited:

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
Thread Rules / Kernel Links

« Which kind of posts are not allowed in this thread?

• Posts to boost up your count of posts, mainly dedicated to the people with less than 10 posts, this isn't the way to achieve the necessary posts to have access to the Development threads. If you want information about how achieve the 10 posts, you must read this.

« Which kind of posts are allowed here and not in the development thread?

Disclaimer: The fact that this posts will be allowed here not means that you can come here and turn this into a chat / complaining / thanks thread, please have this in mind and thanks for your understanding.

• Battery life related, which include: Discussion of battery life, statistics of your battery life, screenshots about your configuration, your configuration itself (with the intention of help another users)
  • Reports of SOD if you undervolt / overclock your phone
  • General discussion about settings of the kernel, which include: Governors, schedulers, I/O, dual-boot, etc.
  • Requests of new features for the next versions of the kernel
  • Bug reports with the proper attachments like logcat and last_kmsg (This is the exception, you can post it here and in the development thread, again, only with the log attached, otherwise the report will be ignored), please refer to the voku's guide of How to report bugs for further information about logs.
  • Deep sleep issues. Mostly of this issues are not kernel dependant, the rogue apps cause wakelocks and other weird behavior so, the first suggestion will be go to the BBS (Better Battery Stats) thread, install the app, and drop the log in there but as complement you can expose your issue here.

« Which kind of posts are not allowed in any of the threads (Development or Discussion)?

• Bug reports without the proper information detailed as: ROM, modem, settings of the kernel, etc. (Preferably include it on your signature and have it updated!)
  • Bug reports without proper logcat or last_kmsg, please refer to the voku's guide of How to report bugs for further information about logs.
  • Flame Posts

In addition, please abide by forum rules in this thread.

« Installation guide - Assuming phone is already rooted. If not, please see Development thread OP.
  • Download the file from appropriate link below
  • Place file on SD card (internal or external)
  • Reboot into Recovery Mode
  • Flash kernel zip file
  • Reboot system

« Kernel Links

[Kernel 3.12.rc6][24 OCT][DEV THREAD!] Dorimanx 8.43 ONLY JB I9100 +RECOVERY+ROOTED. - Dorimanx development thread

[DorimanX][Index][STweaks]Custom STweaks profiles for Dorimanx Kernel! - User profiles of Dorimanx kernel settings

Dorimanx Github - use this to follow the code commits of Dorimanx.

[KERNEL][UNOFFICIAL BUILDS][JB/KK][Vx.43v76]DorimanX Test builds - Beta kernel builds: READ the OP before downloading, know and understand the risk of flashing a beta kernel which may harm your device. Know how to recover it if something does go wrong.

« Useful (kernel related) links and guides

Stweaks Settings Guides. by eskriminal

All you need to know about UV/OC by the professional chip designer Vikas [Very important to read]

[REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs by droidphile

[GUIDE] CPU Governors, TCP algorithms, Android Tips, & IO Schedulers: In my Own Words by MBQsniper

How to make your own .TAR kernel file to flash with ODIN by dorimanx and a ready to use .TAR by kantjer. Note that Dorimanx has provided a .tar version of 9.43 to use on his kernel download mirror.

[Tool][30Nov]Kernel Gestures Builder by Flint2

[Tutorial] How To Logcat by paxChristos

Dorimanx kernel ICS/JB - Dummies Guide by ironass

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries Thanks to Tak3r07 for the advice

Last edited:

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
FAQ / Useful community links

« FAQ

Which is the compatibility of Dorimanx kernel right now (ROMs - Kernel)?

So all goes like this:
All kernels support 4.4.y ROMS!

8.x support = STOCK, 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv1(STOCK) maliv2 all the rest!
9.x support = 4.1.y, 4.2.y, 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv2 only!

10.x support = 4.3.y, 4.4.y maliv3 only!

mali = video driver (for new users that dont care to look for answers)

*Note: KitKat support was added from v 8.38 & 9.38 onwards, but these branches (8.xx, 9.xx) are Mali v2 only!! If you need a Mali v3 kernel, use the 10.xx branch from the Dorimanx beta thread. Before using, make sure you read the thread OP and understand the risk of using a beta kernel.

[Q] - I don't know what is a Governor, Module, I/O Scheduler and other settings of the kernel.
  • Just take a look on this thread to find all the necessary information, many thanks to droidphile.
[Q] - Why I need reset the STweaks profile on each update of the kernel?
  • There could be changes in Stweaks interface for a new build, like:

- Some new tunables added
    - Some tunables removed
    - Transposition of some tunables
    - Default value of some tunable was changed

When such a change occurs, your profiles should know it too so that it can contain all the parameters. That's why you have to reset profiles after a new kernel flash if it changes something in STweaks, resetting simply copies .profile files from /res/customconfig to /data/.siyah, you can do it manually using a file manager to avoid a reboot to recovery. Kernel already detects STweaks changes to reset profile automatically on first boot after flashing.[/INDENT]

If you see some mistake or think that something needs to be added or removed from here please let me know, thanks in advance...

« Known Issues
  • A bug applies to the old recovery. DO NOT change the default backup format, or you will lose ALL data on internal and external SD cards. See here for details. This bug may not affect the new KitKat compatible recovery in beta builds. Use it at your own risk, but you have been warned!

« Useful Info & Links

[PORT] Knowledge from Droidphile on Kernel by JokerAce

GS2KernelWipe Kernel Cleaning Script by THE RED BLUR, developed by Hawker

GS2 ROM Wipe/Nuke scripts by THE RED BLUR, developed by Hawker

Why to not use Benchmark Apps to test Kernel/Rom Performance by Unexist6969

Broken USB port (symptoms, solution) by THE RED BLUR

Last edited:

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
For reference: (applies to kernels before introduction of KK compatible recovery in beta builds)

@dorimanx maybe I found the problem of wiping storage data (affects only internal sd & ext. Sd)

There's a bug in recovery in "backup & restore"

When you choose "backup format" (tar/dup) recovery get's rebooted automatically, and both SD get wiped.

Maybe it only happens after you flashed something, or it's conflicting with other kernel settings for backup format.

So for anyone facing this SD wipe issue, don't [highlight]WRITE[/highlight] to the SD, use a file recovery tool like recuva. And don't touch "default backup format" unless you like taking risks:)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Thanks to @Unexist6969 for heads up and taking risk to lose precious data with testing this.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Tips For a successfull flash Of Dorimanx Kernel

Hit the Button below to see the same:)

1) Download the Correct version oF Dori kernel From HERE or HERE only.

2)Place the Zip file on the root of ur internal sdcard and flash the same from Recovery.

3) Before Rebooting phone, in recovery select 'Kernel Specific option' there select 'Reset stweaks profile's'.

4) after that in 'Kernel specific options' select 'Remove Init.d scripts' (Optional though)

5) reboot ur Phone and then open 'Stweaks' app and set all ur desired tweaks there.

6) for a more acccurate battery percentage to be shown do 'Reset Fuel gauge chip' under 'MISC' tab in stweaks ( u have to wait for a cpl of hrs for the same to be shown accurately)

7) follow the above steps everytime ( except step 4 which is optional) to have a successfull flash of the kernel on ur phone.

8) Enjoy the Kernel (which will be short lived due to the pace at which the updates by Dori will come;))

9)Do remember ' Ur the Best Engineer to ur phone' :)

Last edited:

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Thank you very much Gabo!
Do you think is a good idea to include a link to dual boot guide? There are some questions on the dev thread on this subject.

Sent from my GT-I9100 Powered by Dorimanx kernel and AOKP unicorn

Yeah, of course it is and it's already on the schedule ;)

EDIT: Done!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Oh ****. I was too late to reserve a post.

Well now Christiancs1969, Noed, Mario, and sunny can update their posts for thread support now. Thanks guys you have taken my spot:D

Reserved 1-------**********

SIGNATURE

PHONE : SGSII
Sent via: Tapatalk 2
Main ROM: RB JB 3.2 (ONLINE)
2nd Rom: Pacman V 1.7
KERNEL : Dorimanx 7.26
(DEFAULT PROFILE AND SETTINGS)
MODEM : LPS
GAPPS : JusTunBean ,4.1.1 aroma
BATTERY : Stock 1650mAh
EXTERNAL Sdcard : Samsung Class 10 32gb

Last edited:

raone18

Sep 18, 2012
Caerdydd
Well excellent thread mate. Thanks for your effort. I am using 7.26 and its doing just fine. No freeze no sod good performance and battery.
uploadfromtaptalk1354304494324.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
Reserved 2*******

SIGNATURE

tsarig

Jan 6, 2011
Hey Dori first chance to thank you for your great job keeping the sgs2 rocking! and thank you GaboWinter for opening this thread. :)

Reactions: dorimanx

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Oh ****. I was too late to reserve a post.

Well now Christiancs1969, Noed, Mario, and sunny can update their posts for thread support now. Thanks guys you have taken my spot:D

Reserved 1-------**********

SIGNATURE

u can use my post, just PM me what has to be added and i will do the needfull for u:)

GaboWinter

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2011
Kadath
Thread update...

New section added to the OP:

« Which kind of posts are not allowed in this thread?

• Posts searching boost up your count of posts, mainly dedicated to the people with less than 10 posts, this isn't the way to achieve the necessary posts to have access to the Development threads, if you wanna say thanks the way to do it it's via the button not posting, if you don't wanna push the button it's okay I'm not searching thanks, I wanna help and I'm sure that dorimanx thinks the same.

If you want information about how achieve the 10 posts, you must read this.

Please follow this, otherwise your posts will be reported.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

THE RED BLUR

Mar 7, 2012
LONDON
u can use my post, just PM me what has to be added and i will do the needfull for u:)

Is okay. Gabo will sort it. Dont worry. You keep that one for yourself. I'm sure you have learnt enough now and provide some useful stuff here. ;)

SIGNATURE

jootanen

Oct 21, 2012
Jyväskylä
Dummies guide by ironass doesn't seem to work. It redirects to first or latest post in dorimanx dev thread

EDIT: now it works :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using 2nd ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: GaboWinter

Top Liked Posts