Watching videos on t-mobile dash

Search This thread

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
Media player is crap anyway ... go do yourself a favour and google for "TCPMP" ... there is a smartphone & PPC version ... make sure you get the right one ... although either one will work ( that's how versatile it is ...LOL )... just the right one will be better in terms of efficiency ;)

your problem above could be related to when you transfered the file using ActiveSync and somehow it got "converted" wrong ... have you tried copy the file(s) using a card reader instead ???

omaralt

Mar 12, 2007
weird problem playing videos

ok, plz tell me if this is something that is normal, or is something wrong with my dash.... i have a few video files on my storage card, all in the same folder. some have a tcpmp logo (blue film thingie) and some have the media player logo on them. the ones with the tcpmp logo can only be opened by tcpmp, and cant even be found by media player, and the same thing for the media player videos (can only be opened by media player, not detected by tcpmp)

i think that the videos that have the tcpmp logo were just drug and dropped into my storage card, while the media player files were synced through media player on my desktop. i dont remember this being a problem with wm5, so plz tell me of any fixes or i might just restore my dash , thanks

omar

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
the problem lies with "files association" ...

go into your TCPMP settings and check/uncheck file extensions that you want/not want it to open with ...etc

can't say the same for windows media player though !!! ... I hate it with a passion ... crappy video size ... what's with the NO PLAYLIST ??? and it won't play AVI :eek: ... and on and on ...etc !! :eek:

there are way better 3rd party softwares for your medias !!!

TCPMP is the most versatile ... but not much on the GUI ... best of all .. it is FREE ;)

Conduits PocketPlayer is great ... but it's not free ;)

Last edited:

omaralt

Mar 12, 2007
i know, i already did that, and it still wont find those files. the weird thing is i have 3 video files in the same folder, all the same type and everything, and it detects two of them through tcpmp and 1 through media player....

xcentrick

Jun 16, 2007
you ARE the man

That cab file worked like a charm.

I did have to reset my home screen, but other than that... I'm golden.

Thank you so much! :cool:

kew0319

Jul 5, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Help w/T-Mobile Dash

I just downloaded the upgrade software for my dash...it totally screwed up the video player ....as I have read all the messages in reference to changing this to landscape...and full screen , but this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...how do I do this....

anthoneous

Mar 7, 2007
Youtube On Dash????

has anyone gotten the htc streaming media player to work i cant really tell with all those posts in the other thread... i have installed the cab and im trying to watch a video from youtube via wifi and i get a failed to find network error... i have also tried the wizard keys registry fix i need to know if anyone has this actually working....???

kew0319

Jul 5, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I just downloaded the upgrade software for my dash...it totally screwed up the video player ....as I have read all the messages in reference to changing this to landscape...and full screen , but this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...how do I do this....

I found the cure....on the message that Omar sent with the cab...download this to your PC Desktop.....then active sync your phone....go into the file explorer, on your menu screen activate your devise, Open up Applications Data, then open up Home...then drag the set-up, after U do this then double click on the icon and install, it will automatically set it up and U have videos again.....horray.....

Intergalactic

Dec 7, 2006
Yes Its Working On All My Handheld Devices!

Again it works like a charm on all my wm6 handheld devices. Also its working on all my wm5 devices. Guy, your are doing something wrong! Why its not working on your device, I don't know!

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
Again it works like a charm on all my wm6 handheld devices. Also its working on all my wm5 devices. Guy, your are doing something wrong! Why its not working on your device, I don't know!

people are confused due to the fact that YOU made it confusing with all the overflooded information !!! That's why !!! :mad:

say it once or twice ... clearly states the steps ... don't have to repeats like a parrot !! :rolleyes: :eek:

look at the other thread !!! 8 pages long ... 90% of it are YOUR posts !!! is that necessary ?? :rolleyes:

read what he and many others feels about it !!

has anyone gotten the htc streaming media player to work i cant really tell with all those posts in the other thread... ...

Last edited:

anthoneous

Mar 7, 2007
how exactly have you guys gotten it to work i need a step by step to see if im doing it wrong this is the only thing on my phone i havent been able to successfully install!!!!

chaznet

Apr 26, 2006
What is the 'htc streaming media player'...? Something for the Dash? Where do you get it?

johnnylavah

Sep 5, 2006
it works fine for me.

i am on tmobile usa and youtube will not play when using tmobiles edge network...although, videos will play when hooked up to wifi.

Intergalactic

Dec 7, 2006

hydr0

Jul 10, 2007
I found the cure....on the message that Omar sent with the cab...download this to your PC Desktop.....then active sync your phone....go into the file explorer, on your menu screen activate your devise, Open up Applications Data, then open up Home...then drag the set-up, after U do this then double click on the icon and install, it will automatically set it up and U have videos again.....horray.....

Thank u guys so much..

Omar thanks for the cab file.

and kew for the directions!!

I been trying to fix this for a month, finally!!!!

STLDASH

Jul 27, 2007
didnt work 4 me

I TRIED TO ADD THE CAB YOU LISTED AND FOLLOWED YOU INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTHING HAPPENED, IT IS STILL SIDEWAYS. PLEASE HELP