New XOOM Boot Animation!!! Help needed to get it running

Search This thread

bishop72

Mar 14, 2010
Hey guys,

I am posting this link to this sweet boot animation that usmc7356 created. The problem is that he is not able to get it running on the XOOM. Any help is appreciated. Here is the link the XOOM forums:

"My First XOOM Boot Animation"

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
name it bootanimation.zip and place it in the system/media folder. should run fine

edit: no luck. after extracting the zip, i noticed another the first file is named bootanimation as well. extracted those contents and rezipped them/named it bootanimation.zip. therefore once you open the bootanimation, it goes straight into the desc and the part0 folder. still no luck. ill dig around and see whats going on. no promises as i am no good at coding but we'll figure it out. stock boot ani sucks lol.

Last edited:

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
No dice pimp. I even tried just replacing pngs. Your desc file is right on far as I can tell. Idk man, may be the file size. I compressed the images as much as I could w/o shrinking the img size, including the zip itself. No dice there either.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
Brain fart number two. We do not have a custom kernel that allows for custom boot animations yet lol.

jkurl

Jan 20, 2011
Fairfield, Ca
Brain fart number two. We do not have a custom kernel that allows for custom boot animations yet lol.

This won't even work w/ the OC kernel. The person who made this has the OC kernel and it is not working on his either. It is weird as the bootanimation file is exactly the same as his. The file google put on there is nothing special.

jkurl

Jan 20, 2011
Fairfield, Ca
Ill look at ramdisk and see what I can do :cool:

@bigrushdog. The person who made this also found a file in system/bin that is a bootanimation shell file. I opened it and it is all a garbelled mess. I wonder if this might be what is controlling the boot animation file. Since I don't have root access I couldn't open it in text editor but that probably wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
guys, custom boot animation works just fine. all you had to do was change the root of zip from /bootanimation to /part0 and desc. the content should be in root, not in another folder. Posting link in a sec.

Here ya go, courtesy of bishop72

btw, this bootanimation is wicked!

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
I just dragged and dropped it into the system/media folder :). It does work (renamed old one).

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Looks great, but I have a suggestion.

Make the data to the right load slower, and once it gets to the Invidia logo, let it sit (maybe with a "Starting Android" notification flashing somewhere) until the XOOM fully boots. It looks odd as a loop.

Otherwise, it's really well done.

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
guys, custom boot animation works just fine. all you had to do was change the root of zip from /bootanimation to /part0 and desc. the content should be in root, not in another folder. Posting link in a sec.

Lol I did that and no dice... hmm. Good work though lol :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.