USB Audio ?

Search This thread

Nakah95

Mar 30, 2011
Hi,

I have a Fiio K1 portable amp/dac (powered over usb) which worked perfectly on my old Lumia 950 XL and a Nexus 6P of a friend.
But when I tried with my brand new Galaxy S7 Edge, nothing happens. I don't know if it's the cable (amazon.fr/gp/product/B01861XGX2?ref_=pe_386181_37038081_TE_3p_dp_1) or Samsung's Rom.

Has anyone managed to make it work with an external DAC ?

Reactions: endolith

shoremunkey

Jun 21, 2008
Hi,

I have a Fiio K1 portable amp/dac (powered over usb) which worked perfectly on my old Lumia 950 XL and a Nexus 6P of a friend.
But when I tried with my brand new Galaxy S7 Edge, nothing happens. I don't know if it's the cable (amazon.fr/gp/product/B01861XGX2?ref_=pe_386181_37038081_TE_3p_dp_1) or Samsung's Rom.

I was able connect my Fiio E17. At first the audio sounded distorted and slow, so I closed all of the audio apps and then plugged it in and it started working. I'm using the usb connector that came with the phone.

Reactions: hpeti

Nakah95

Mar 30, 2011
The Fiio E17 has an integrated battery from what I know.
The K1 is powered directly by the usb port.

There is maybe some power limitation ? However the blue led is on :confused:

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
I don't have s7 yet but my s4 work perfectly with Fiio E10K which powered by usb port and have no battery.
So it should work with s7 too I guess.

danba

Jun 22, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone, XMOS USB 384K/32bit DAC / amp, VE Monk earphones:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/241156-new-async-xmos-384k-32bit-pcm5102-dac-ebay.html
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/ven...5-earbud-that-seriously-deserves-a-place-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

96 kHz file > USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) running on Galaxy S7 Edge > 96 kHz PCM audio stream >> USB OTG cable >> XMOS USB 384K/32bit DAC / amp >> VE Monk

LL

96 kHz file > Google Play Music running on Galaxy S7 Edge > 192 kHz PCM audio stream upsampled by Android 6.0.1 audio subsystem >> USB OTG cable >> XMOS USB 384K/32bit DAC / amp >> VE Monk

LL

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Hi,

The FiiO K1 is compatible with the USB audio of USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP).
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/2015-07-22-12-01-14/usb-audio-driver

Android USB audio - FAQ:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XYy1FuzDUea3U3aTJ1RkpQdW8/edit

pradeepd

Mar 9, 2011
Can anyone kindly help. I too did buy the Fiio K1, but no luck with audio. Any thoughts on any specific cable to use?

NonXtreme

Oct 23, 2013
I'm suspecting my Micro-USB to Micro-USB cable. Could you please tell me which one you're using ?

Sorry for late reply
The cable I use is the samsung one bought from samsung brand shop.
Also I have already got S7E, both samsung one and the one that come in the box work fine with my fiio e10k with S7E

I think your dac isn't support but it might work with "usb audio player pro" since my old AQ dragonfly also isn't working with the stock audio but it work fine when using "usb audio player pro" .

skivnit

May 21, 2012
i'm having the same issue where i hear no sound coming from the DAC using Spotify, i also tried the usb player pro trial still no sound

t_rushpower

Apr 19, 2016
Hi,

did you try to change usb configuration under developer options menu? There is Audio source there. Maybe that change can help you solve the problem

Cheers

dave7802

Jan 23, 2007
Liverpool
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I dont know the equipment you are using.
But if your using it in the USB, then Driver support is required?
Can you confirm the Kernel supports the Native Drivers your device requires?

Normally a Modified kernel is needed to load in some additional drivers.
(I use a 7.1 Surround sound headset, that uses a USB Dongle as a Wireless sender / Receiver)
Natively this is not supported , On my previous device (Note 3) i modified the kernel to load the additional driver set.

Unable to do this on the s7 edge at this time.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I just wanted to add my experience with the Fiio k1 with my S7 Edge. It doesn't work at all after trying 2 different OTG adapters, messing with this dev USB option, and everything else I could think of. Does anyone have the Fiio K1 working with the S7 Edge? I might jsut get the Alpen 2, but before I do I want to see if I can get it working. The little blue light does turn on and all I get for audio is a screeching weird noise. The K1 works with my Nexus 6P just fine, so I know the unit isn't broken. Any help/suggestions would be great :)

bkrodgers

Nov 27, 2007
I've had no luck with the FiiO E07K Andes. All I get is distorted sound, played pitch shifted down and slow.

lowrider_05

May 9, 2007
near Munich
I wonder why Samsung made USB audio such a hassle, I can plug and go bis my Nexus 6P/HTC 10 so I was hoping the S7 E would be the same but its not.

Yes it musst be Samsungs fault because i have a HiFime Sabre 9018 USB DAC and with my LG G2 and a crappy China Smartphone it works verry well but on my S7E i get stutters every 3 seconds, does anyone have a clue what to do or try?

THX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The cable MUST be an On-The-Go USB cable otherwise the S7 will not provide power to the connected device. If your cable isnt OTG then use the adapter that came with your phone. This will turn a standard USB cable in to an OTG USB cable.

If that doesnt work then i would suggest the S7 just does not support your device :/

FYI, USB standards only allow power to travel one way. This is because one device is the host (normally a computer) and the other is the slave (your S7). Then they added the OTG specification which basically flips this on its head. Your S7 can become the host and your audio device the slave. A standard cable will not activate the OTG protocols in your phone and you will have two slaves who cant talk to each other or draw power from each other. Use OTG certified cables or adaptors to get the functionality you need.
    Hi,

Hi,

I was able connect my Fiio E17. At first the audio sounded distorted and slow, so I closed all of the audio apps and then plugged it in and it started working. I'm using the usb connector that came with the phone.