[APP] [UPDATED] Splash Screen Creator (it Flashes Too) v0.03 Beta

Search This thread

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
-----PROJECT ABANDONED-----
I no longer have time to maintain this. If any one wants to adapt off of my work, feel free. Just be sure to give credit

I have made a guide/application to make it very easy to make and flash a splash screen

THIS IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS!!!!

Requirements -
A Windows Computer Running Windows XP or Later
Attached Zip Package
A 480*800 bmp image you want to make your new splash screen

If you are unsure of the screen resolution of your device, check out this link...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices

Readme said:
Credits go to the Following:

RUN THIS PROGRAM.CMD---> VibrantOwnr
nbimg.exe-----------------> Pau Oliva
adb.exe-------------------> Google SDK
fastboot.exe---------------> Google SDK
AdbWinApi.dll--------------> Google SDK
AdbWinUsbApi.dll-----------> Google SDK

I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Everything you do, is your responsibility. End of Story.

This is a Beta, if you find any problems, please send me a PM. Thanks

Changelog said:
v0.02 Beta
Fixed Image Distortion Issue

v0.03
Fixed a lot of issues

Last edited:

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
Image came out crazy distorted! Had to resort back to my old splash screen. Keep trying tho. Will try newer versions

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
Image came out crazy distorted! Had to resort back to my old splash screen. Keep trying tho. Will try newer versions

did you try converting an img to a bmp or a bmp to an img?

EDIT:just realized i accidentally set it to 400*800 instead of 480*800

should work with the new image size

Last edited:
Reactions: HQRaja

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
bmp to img. When I flashed it, the letters of the image were overlapped like 10 times on the screen.

i just realized i had posted the dimesions wrong (they are supposed to be 480*800 and not 400*800)

just updated it

also if you are still having problems, send me the image and i will see what i can do

Last edited:

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
i just realized i had posted the dimesions wring (they are supposed to be 480*800 and not 400*800)

just updated it

also if you are still having problems, send me the image and i will see what i can do

I'll try this first & let you know how it goes

EDIT... Just tried it & it worked! I knew the correct dimensions but totally just followed directions haha thanks

Last edited:

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Hello,

I am about to write about it on my blog (with a backlink to this post and credits to you of course), and I am curious about whether this batch script is exclusively meant for myTouch 4G or will it work for any Android device? (Of course only provided that the bitmap's resolution matches the screen resolution of the device)

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
Hello,

I am about to write about it on my blog (with a backlink to this post and credits to you of course), and I am curious about whether this batch script is exclusively meant for myTouch 4G or will it work for any Android device? (Of course only provided that the bitmap's resolution matches the screen resolution of the device)

For conversion to an img file (to make a splash screen), it should work for any device)

For conversion to an bmp file (to get an image from a splash screen) it should only work for devices whose dimensions match (480*800)

EDIT:if you have any dimensions/devices that you img to bmp conversion for, i would be more than happy to edit it

Last edited:

VibrantOwnr

Oct 1, 2010
No offense taken. I can take a IMG and it will convert to BMP, but I can't do it back. I will redownload and try again. Thanks for your help
no problem. if that doesnt work, try changing the image. i know that for some reason, i occasionally run into a bmp file that causes nbimg to just shut down. i dont know why but as soon as i use a different image it fixes itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -----PROJECT ABANDONED-----
    I no longer have time to maintain this. If any one wants to adapt off of my work, feel free. Just be sure to give credit

I have made a guide/application to make it very easy to make and flash a splash screen

THIS IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS!!!!

Requirements -
    A Windows Computer Running Windows XP or Later
    Attached Zip Package
    A 480*800 bmp image you want to make your new splash screen

If you are unsure of the screen resolution of your device, check out this link...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Android_devices

Readme said:
    Credits go to the Following:

RUN THIS PROGRAM.CMD---> VibrantOwnr
    nbimg.exe-----------------> Pau Oliva
    adb.exe-------------------> Google SDK
    fastboot.exe---------------> Google SDK
    AdbWinApi.dll--------------> Google SDK
    AdbWinUsbApi.dll-----------> Google SDK

I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. Everything you do, is your responsibility. End of Story.

This is a Beta, if you find any problems, please send me a PM. Thanks

Changelog said:
    v0.02 Beta
    Fixed Image Distortion Issue

v0.03
    Fixed a lot of issues

did you try converting an img to a bmp or a bmp to an img?

EDIT:just realized i accidentally set it to 400*800 instead of 480*800

should work with the new image size
    bmp to img. When I flashed it, the letters of the image were overlapped like 10 times on the screen.

i just realized i had posted the dimesions wrong (they are supposed to be 480*800 and not 400*800)

just updated it

Hello,

For conversion to an img file (to make a splash screen), it should work for any device)

For conversion to an bmp file (to get an image from a splash screen) it should only work for devices whose dimensions match (480*800)

EDIT:if you have any dimensions/devices that you img to bmp conversion for, i would be more than happy to edit it
    I'll try this first & let you know how it goes

EDIT... Just tried it & it worked! I knew the correct dimensions but totally just followed directions haha thanks

Perfect...Great to Hear it