Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJ-Tumor

Mar 25, 2012
Viersen
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 7
I still did not try imilka's CM9 (internet problem) so take my words with a grain of salt :p but how is your battery when you do not use wifi?

From my personal experience, I got an amazing battery life when I was at home having wifi on and connected all the time, but when out and about with mobile data the battery got hit more than it's supposed to be, the difference was more than an hour and a half in screen on time (seeing most of my screen on time is online here or browser)

Seems like still we need better radios for optimum performance :(

True words man! Exactly my opinion! But what shall the devs do?
They use what they can get. Probably it´s the new radio, that eats too much battery. Possibly an older radio would be better if it was working with LP5 kernel ect. Just a thought. Which "KNOWN" radio could we use instead?
LC1/2 modem from the GB releases? Can we use/try these?

Last edited:

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I still did not try imilka's CM9 (internet problem) so take my words with a grain of salt :p but how is your battery when you do not use wifi?

From my personal experience, I got an amazing battery life when I was at home having wifi on and connected all the time, but when out and about with mobile data the battery got hit more than it's supposed to be, the difference was more than an hour and a half in screen on time (seeing most of my screen on time is online here or browser)

Seems like still we need better radios for optimum performance :(

Matius i know that wifi is a battery saver but wifi is always on even after leaving the house and using data.Its obvious we need better radios.In my device i have better battery with cm9 and very bad with stunner 4.3 :D

Sent from CM9 powered device

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
True words man! Exactly my opinion! But what shall to devs do?
They use what they can get. Probably it´s the new radio, that eats too much battery. Possibly an older radio would be better if it was working with LP5 kernel ect. Just a thought. Which "KNOWN" radio could we use instead?
LC1/2 modem from the GB releases? Can we use/try these?

Yes you can try any modem you want (Gingerbread or ICS) but for me I got best reception and data speeds with LP5 so am keeping it till we have better ones :)

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
Matius i know that wifi is a battery saver but wifi is always on even after leaving the house and using data.Its obvious we need better radios.In my device i have better battery with cm9 and very bad with stunner 4.3 :D

I also leave wifi always on even when not connected but still mobile data is very battery hog! :mad:

But if that your experience with CM9 the I might go ahead and flash it :D

cheers mate

Tried latest gb rom radio and it is worse than lp5 radio

Yup exactly my experience

Last edited:

DJ-Tumor

Mar 25, 2012
Viersen
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 7
Yes you can try any modem you want (Gingerbread or ICS) but for me I got best reception and data speeds with LP5 so am keeping it till we have better ones :)

In my experience it´s all voodoo! I ALWAYS look at the numbers, not the bars and all the "wonder radios" from the i9000 releases were CLEARLY voodoo stuff.
Often enough new radios just brought more power consumption but no better reception.

So I kindly ask you...did you check the numbers by app like this one?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmFuZHJvaWQudGVsbmV0Il0.
In my eyes that is the ONLY way to get clearance if a radio really has a better reception.

========================================================================================================================

b.t.w.: what I´m seeing now is much better....3h48min 93% battery
That is the "region" I was at with stunner...maybe even better...we´ll see.

@afilopou: read that stunner seems to have massive battery drain if usb debugging is enabled....I always disable it. only enabled when I use titanium backup!
Maybe that killed your battery too ?!

Last edited:

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
In my experience it´s all voodoo! I ALWAYS look at the numbers, not the bars and all the "wonder radios" from the i9000 releases were CLEARLY voodoo stuff.
Often enough new radios just brought more power consumption but no better reception.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmFuZHJvaWQudGVsbmV0Il0.
In my eyes that is the ONLY way to get clearance if a radio really has a better reception.

I did not use that app, but I have my signal written in text instead of bars (see attached pic) so I think that can be taken as a measurement also ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1334080292250.jpg

Mr. Droid

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto
Did you select internal GPS as your GPS source? I was having the same problem, the GPS would see 20+ Satellites but wouldn't lock to any of them.

I saw the pic attached. Weird that is exactly my setting. And not only detect my position in an instant but also navigation running super smooth.

Have you try to uninstall the maps? (Using root explorer or something like that)
And go to this thread google maps ownhere and follow the instruction given. Hope it help.

Tried both your methods and still nothing. I think ill have to wipe my device and start over..

DJ-Tumor

Mar 25, 2012
Viersen
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 7
I accept that :p

Finally both do the same ;)
I´m just asking because so many (stupid) people jumping for fun when they see all bars without knowing that its only 3G and other radio would have only 1 bar but "H" ;)

btw....try that app! it free and brings nice widgets for data and wifi! I like it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-10-20-01-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-10-20-01-00.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
is there CRT Animation in this rom, I don't see it but its CM9 and if its based of GS2 which I also own, it has CRT animation.

inertiax3

Apr 14, 2008
Excellent ROM and excellent work imilka, CM9 team, S2 team, AOSP team and all contributors! :cool:

Very fast and complete for a daily ROM - the battery usage is around 1% when in StandBy, with average use (3G on, 2hrs screen-on time, 40 mins of calls, 1 hour of WiFi, 10 sms) - 2.5% per hour! That's similar to GB with Franco's kernel #10! (I wonder what Franco will do with the ICS kernel when the sources are out)

Some questions:

1. Any idea how to remove the annoying (for me at least) red underling of new words when typing an sms? (my lingo is not english and I would prefer not to use this feature)

2. Any idea how to make the SMS message window larger? (when typing text in portrait mode - in landscape it's OK but the text pointer seems to not show up correctly)

3. Location based on mobile cell info seems to work erratically for me - e.g. the weather widget doesen't detect my location most of the time.

BTW, the alarm tone is TERRIBLE, would wake the dead if they used it.. :p

Mahmood

Excellent ROM and excellent work imilka, CM9 team, S2 team, AOSP team and all contributors! :cool:

Very fast and complete for a daily ROM - the battery usage is around 1% when in StandBy, with average use (3G on, 2hrs screen-on time, 40 mins of calls, 1 hour of WiFi, 10 sms) - 2.5% per hour! That's similar to GB with Franco's kernel #10! (I wonder what Franco will do with the ICS kernel when the sources are out)

Some questions:

1. Any idea how to remove the annoying (for me at least) red underling of new words when typing an sms? (my lingo is not english and I would prefer not to use this feature)

2. Any idea how to make the SMS message window larger? (when typing text in portrait mode - in landscape it's OK but the text pointer seems to not show up correctly)

3. Location based on mobile cell info seems to work erratically for me - e.g. the weather widget doesen't detect my location most of the time.

BTW, the alarm tone is TERRIBLE, would wake the dead if they used it.. :p

1. change it in settings >>> language & input >>> uncheck spelling correction

2. use faster fix see if it helps or use LP1 modem

3. i thought alarm is to wake the dead ???? sleep=1/2 dead !!! :p;)

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi
I think that the sound n volume levels are much better than Stunner..with my Sennheiserz on I definitely think the quality n volume level is better..

N btw in Advanced I changed my "screen mode" to "Dynamic"..the colors improved..but after that I changed the "Scenario" to "Gallery"..n it takes the color reproduction to next level..the colors r awesome now:D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro

========================================================================================================================

b.t.w.: what I´m seeing now is much better....3h48min 93% battery
That is the "region" I was at with stunner...maybe even better...we´ll see.

@afilopou: read that stunner seems to have massive battery drain if usb debugging is enabled....I always disable it. only enabled when I use titanium backup!
Maybe that killed your battery too ?!

Maybe DJ-Tumor.I have usb debugging always on.I ll ckeck it.Thanks for let me know :)

OlegZh

Jul 22, 2010
Hello. Thanks for nice ROM.
Guys, in Quadrant in System Info I have noticed that it detects only one CPU core. I do not remember for sure how it was on other ROMs but to me it looks like something is wrong. Do you have some info on this? I know, the phone is fast and responsive and quadrant score is OK at around 3900.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Hello. Thanks for nice ROM.
Guys, in Quadrant in System Info I have noticed that it detects only one CPU core. I do not remember for sure how it was on other ROMs but to me it looks like something is wrong. Do you have some info on this? I know, the phone is fast and responsive and quadrant score is OK at around 3900.

A man without a Quadrant score is like a fish without a bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts