[HOWTO] Get most Gameloft games compatible with the S4 HTC One X

Search This thread

nicodws

Jun 23, 2012
To get most games compatible with the S4 HTC One X, we need to edit our build.prop file to match that of a Galaxy Note.
Also, there is a multitouch bug in AOKP and CM9 right now where if you hold one finger and put on another, as soon as you pick up one finger the system will stop recognizing the other finger as well. This leads to a really annoying FPS experience. I'd recommend running another custom ROM that is built off stock for now if you plan on playing a game that uses this type of control.

Not all games work after that, some of them have some compatabillity issues.

I will add more working games as people tell me that they are working through this method.

I know the games downloaded via the gameloft website have been working fine, but for those of us who download the games from the market from other devices and want to download it on our S4 HTC One X now, this works.

Thanks to thatg for originally providing me with his build.prop file that he modded.
Please thank this post if this helped you! :)

Also, I don't take responsibility for any games that you might buy and then expect to work but they don't. This may not work for everyone (it should, but still) but if it doesn't, don't blame me for making you spend more money :/

Rohan, noob here.

im using a rooted ATT HOX, I've tried following your instruction but i just dont understand how to open/edit the build.prop file. ive used the root explorer like you advised but it doesnt allow me to do anything towards the build.prop file

again, im sorry if you find this question stupid, but thanks for your time

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Rohan, noob here.

im using a rooted ATT HOX, I've tried following your instruction but i just dont understand how to open/edit the build.prop file. ive used the root explorer like you advised but it doesnt allow me to do anything towards the build.prop file

again, im sorry if you find this question stupid, but thanks for your time

Mount the file system as R/W (button on top right) and then long press on build.prop and select "open in text editor".

Reactions: nicodws

nicodws

Jun 23, 2012
Mount the file system as R/W (button on top right) and then long press on build.prop and select "open in text editor".

MetalHead

i tried following rohan's instruction, checked no other ro.product.model, and even copied the build.prop thatg provided and still doesnt work, including nova3. any other suggestion?

i seriously am regretting buying att version of hox.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Look over the build.prop carefully. I had trouble at first but found another instance of ro.product.model that had to get changed. Also, it is caps sensitive so keep that in mind.

Don't regret buying the AT&T version, it's better than the International version for sure. Better processor, better battery life, LTE... Once you get it tweaked to your liking you'll be happy with it.

Reactions: nicodws

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
Are there any know games that don't work for you guys who have changed the build prop? You know like you get nova working but other games that did, don't now.

Edit: I was also wondering, to those who got chainfire 3d working. How, without s-off? does it just work and install fine. I have a eVo 4g lte (rooted and HTC unlocked) and it always ends up with with a factory reset.

Sent from my eVo

Last edited:

Zephyr136

May 30, 2012
Undertaking a bit this thread but I done all stuff and could download it as ME: Infiltrator. But the fact is that with Nova 3 I have a flickering screen, so it's totally unplayable yet the game doesn't lag at all when I can see what I do. ME: Infiltrator stay stuck on EA logo... It's two games I'd really want to play. Can anyone help?
EDIT: I have an HTC one S (Snapdragon S4)

Last edited:

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
Are there any know games that don't work for you guys who have changed the build prop? You know like you get nova working but other games that did, don't now.

Edit: I was also wondering, to those who got chainfire 3d working. How, without s-off? does it just work and install fine. I have a eVo 4g lte (rooted and HTC unlocked) and it always ends up with with a factory reset.

Sent from my eVo

Chainfire 3d works fine. The install works perfect. I did not select the option for the beta EGL driver for the record.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Confirmed:

Nova 2
Modern Combat 3
GT Racing Academy

EDIT: When starting up MC3, Wi-Fi should be disabled, because for me, it crashed every time.

Last edited:

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
Hey guys, I'm coming from the galaxy s2 to the one x waiting eagerly for it.

Anyway on topic:This problem with games compatibility isn't something that could be fixed by changing the dpi???

MyronJ906

Apr 22, 2008

Anyway on topic:This problem with games compatibility isn't something that could be fixed by changing the dpi???

To get back off topic for a moment: Wow dude, you were there when I first rooted+BL unlocked my Atrix. You helped talk me out of my softbrick/confusion. Thanks again.

Definitely glad to see a familiar face around here.

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland

Gameloft games are a pain in the butt. Upon opening the app, it goes through a compatability check to see if your phone is supported. It checks the build.prop to see if its a model it does a support. If it is, it downloads the rest of the game and it plays. If it doesn't, it will tell you to request a refund. Ofc, there's modded versions of games without compatability check :p

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Gameloft games are a pain in the butt. Upon opening the app, it goes through a compatability check to see if your phone is supported. It checks the build.prop to see if its a model it does a support. If it is, it downloads the rest of the game and it plays. If it doesn't, it will tell you to request a refund. Ofc, there's modded versions of games without compatability check :p

No actually, I have Wi-Fi turned off when I start the games and it runs perfectly. If I have it turned on however, it won't run.

Sent from my GT-N700 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To get most games compatible with the S4 HTC One X, we need to edit our build.prop file to match that of a Galaxy Note.
    Also, there is a multitouch bug in AOKP and CM9 right now where if you hold one finger and put on another, as soon as you pick up one finger the system will stop recognizing the other finger as well. This leads to a really annoying FPS experience. I'd recommend running another custom ROM that is built off stock for now if you plan on playing a game that uses this type of control.

1. Navigate to /system/ and open the build.prop file from a file manager of your choice that has root access (I prefer Root Explorer from the Play Store)

2. Change the following values to the ones in bold:

ro.product.model=GT-N700
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-N700
    ro.product.device=galaxynote
    ro.product.board=MSM8960
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.product=galaxynote

The values are case sensitive by the way.

3. Reboot and then try to download the game data again. There should no longer be a "This game is not compatible with your device" error.

Having issues? Make sure there are no other instances of ro.product.model in your build.prop. Some ROMs may do this. If it does have another instance, delete it.

Not all games work after that, some of them have some compatabillity issues.

CONFIRMED WORKING:
    N.O.V.A. 3 - works perfectly, these graphics looks downright amazing on our screen :)

I will add more working games as people tell me that they are working through this method.

I know the games downloaded via the gameloft website have been working fine, but for those of us who download the games from the market from other devices and want to download it on our S4 HTC One X now, this works.

Thanks to thatg for originally providing me with his build.prop file that he modded.
    Please thank this post if this helped you! :)

Also, I don't take responsibility for any games that you might buy and then expect to work but they don't. This may not work for everyone (it should, but still) but if it doesn't, don't blame me for making you spend more money :/
    Nope I just edited the post to say that. Was it already that value for you?
    I just tried it, worked for me. Downloading 120mb of 1.7gb :O haha

I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)
    I found the issue. There was another instance of ro.product.model that needed to be changed to GT-N700. Downloading now :)

Ah okay cool. Glad it worked! This game is amazing on our device haha. Especially at full brightness :D
    has anyone had the problem of screen being black or flickering?

htc one s/ zydroid v3.2

Nope, working great for me.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I guess that my device must be rooted to edit the build.prop ? :(

yes indeed