List of headsets with working inline remote

Search This thread

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Idk about you guys but I find apple ear pods good enough . Working Mike and pause play button. The volume isn't working but it's considerably cheaper than quite a number of the listed earpiences

I have no idea how many headsets you've used. But once you've heard or owned a pair of headsets on this list (Mostly the ones over £60) you'd understand the difference. Personally though, I find the ear pods horrible compared to my M2's

Theogenes

Mar 19, 2011
This might seem a bit silly, but since we're talking about using higher-end headphones with the mobile phones, here's what I found when using the Ultrasone Signature DJ and the mic'd cable it comes with:

Galaxy S3 from home screen without built-in music app running:
Short Press: beeps, but does nothing.
Long Press: launches Voice Search
Double-Press: double-beeps, nothing else.

Galaxy S3 from home screen or app with built-in music app running:
Short Press: play/pause
Double-Press: next track
(NOTE: I absolutely NEVER use the built-in music app-- I use Neutron, MOG, and sometimes Poweramp and Rhapsody. So when I originally tried to use the button from the home screen, it simply beeped for both short presses and launched Voice Search for long presses. I tried the stock music app to see if that helped, and it did. Even when I closed the stock app w/ Task Manager, using the button on the SigDJ cord accessed the stock app again.)

Galaxy S3 with Ultrasone IQ app:
Actually, this was pretty handy. I set the app to control my Neutron Media Player, and although it wouldn't work with Neutron at all before that, it worked perfectly afterwards. I was able to play/pause, skip track, and go to previous track, and it didn't make phone calls like it did on the DNA. This is a pretty damn good idea IMO.

Droid DNA from home screen:
Short Press: play/pause on MOG (which was the last thing I was listening to)
Double-Press: plays music for a fraction of a second, then redials last phone call.

Droid DNA from Play Music:
Short Press: Play/pause
Double-Press: plays music for split second, then redials last phone call. After ending call, plays next song in list (so it does skip track, but after making phone call).

Droid DNA with Ultrasone IQ app:
Can be customized to launch and control specific apps. Double press still calls most recent number though. I didn't play with it too much, but it was VERY wonky on the DNA. At one point I had plugged my SigDJ into my S3 and was testing it out, and thought I heard my DNA beep (although it was sitting motionless my desk). My suspicions were confirmed a few minutes later when it started playing the last song I had played in my MOG playlist. The app had crashed and was just randomly doing things (or perhaps responding very belatedly to the button presses I had given it earlier). Once I went into the task manager and closed it, naturally, it stopped with the weirdness.

So, long story short: the Ultrasone Signature DJ headphones can use the mic and button on the included cable with a Samsung Galaxy S3, but really only after downloading the Ultrasone IQ app (here). Anyhow, hope this helps somebody out!! :)

Last edited:

KingTLR

Jan 9, 2013
Rome
Hi dramma :)

I've a Marshall Minor and work great with SGS3 (on old wave s8500 don't work)

55€

KingTLR

Jan 9, 2013
Rome
Reactions: Galactus

Gabeloooooo

Jul 4, 2012
It is possible to put all the earbuds with working volume control in a bunch together instead of among the rest of the buds?

I assume almost everyone reading this thread wants working volume controls, which is what is hard to find. Everything else is pretty much always mic/play

nonyhaha

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
stop assuming wrong. most of us just want a working inline mic and main button. i prefer smaller design to larger 3 button design mic. piece.

also, with a free app you can configure one button to do 6 or more tasks.

schizo

May 11, 2007
Jakarta
www.freeratio.org
Having looked at a LOT of earphones looking for great ones with a mic, I can tell you that with Android it's tough going. I've spoken with a number of custom IEM cable makers about making cables for some of my stuff (Sennheiser IE8 and Klipsch X10 particularly) that has an Android-compatible mic, and have yet to find anyone willing to do it. It seems like our best option at the moment is to use mic adapters with the headsets we like, which has the added benefit of working even with large cans (I've used my Audio Technica adapter [AT-MP100, here] to talk on my Sennheiser HD25i-II and Beyerdynamic T5p before, neither of which has a remote-compatible version to my knowledge). I can't recommend the build quality of the AT though-- it seems really cheap for the $25ish bucks I paid for it, and the sheathing around the 3.55mm plug has started sliding down and coming off, even though I haven't used them much.

I just saw this type, i guess it must be the older adapter type since it listed since 2003 in Amazon. Mine is the Audio Technica AT335i, got talk/play control, mic and volume slider. It comes in option or black or white :cyclops:

I strongly believe most of the music lovers must already have invest in the best head/earphones for their money worth. So adapter is the optimal solution, only issue with how to recoil excess cable from their original head/earphones.

A bit inconvenient, but if you have invest in something like Shure 530 series then you won't settle for less, i believe.

Just my 2.5 cents

I_TerraBull

Apr 26, 2010
Klipsch Image S4A ii - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £89.99]
Nocs NS200 - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £44.99]
Nokia Purity HD In Ear & On Ears - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - On Ears £102.12/In Ears £59.99]
Samsung EHS71 - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £80]
Sony DR EX102 - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £34.99 eBay]
Sony XBA 1VP - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £69.91]
Sony XBA 2VP - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £127.65]
Urbeats - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £32.39]
Zagg Zagg Smartbuds - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls - £32.12]
Sony MH1C - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControls/SmartKeyDOESNOTWORK - £16.99]
Klipsch Image X10i (High End Device) - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £132.50]
RHA MA450i - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - 39.95]
Sennheiser MM30i - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £35]
Sennheiser MM70i - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £59.99]
Sennheiser MX680i - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £30]
Skullcandy 50/50 2.0 - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £35.99]
Skullcandy Heavy Medal - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £79.99]
Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £69.99]
Ultimate Ears 500 Vi - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £51 eBay]
vMODA Remix Remote - Mic/MiddleButton/VolumeControlsDONOTWORK - £42.99]
Etymotics HF2 (High End Device) - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £124.99]
Jays aJAYS One Plus - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £39.97]
Jlab Jbuds J5M - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £25.86]
JVC Xtreme Xplosives VARIOUS MODELS - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £16.74]
Klipsch Image S4A - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £49.90]
Meelectronics A161P (High End Device) - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £93]
Meelectronics M11P+ - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £29.99]
Meelectronics M16P - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £18]
Meelectronics M2P - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £20]
Meelectronics M31P - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £28]
Meelectronics M9P - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £16]
Meelectronics SP51P - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £29.99]
Phillips Citiscape ON EARS - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £39.99]
Phonak Audeo 022 (High End Device) - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £85.49]
Phonak Audeo 122 (High End Device) - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £122.36]
rainwavz M5 - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £34.50]
Samsung EHS60 - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £4]
Samsung EHS70 - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £50]
Sennheiser MM50i - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £39.71]
Soundmagic E10M - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £34.99]
vMODA/Crossfade M100 ON EARS - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £270]
vMODA/Crossfade M80 ON EARS - Mic/OneButton/NoVolumeControls - £159.50]

Reactions: Gabeloooooo

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Original Post edited. Headsets now follow this order

Headsets with mic and volume controls
Headsets with mic and no volume controls
Headsets with mic and working middle button - volume controls do not work
Headsets that are severely limited

Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Black

only the speaker works no volume no mic

Thanks. Added to the severely limited list

Last edited:

Qukel

Oct 22, 2010
I just saw this type, i guess it must be the older adapter type since it listed since 2003 in Amazon. Mine is the Audio Technica AT335i, got talk/play control, mic and volume slider. It comes in option or black or white :cyclops:

I strongly believe most of the music lovers must already have invest in the best head/earphones for their money worth. So adapter is the optimal solution, only issue with how to recoil excess cable from their original head/earphones.

A bit inconvenient, but if you have invest in something like Shure 530 series then you won't settle for less, i believe.

Just my 2.5 cents

Are you sure the AT335i works on the Galaxy S3? As it is listed as only compatible with Apple.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Ligerblue

Nov 23, 2011
Awesome thread

Its always a challenge to find good quality headphones and even more so with working mic and buttons.

Heres one more for the list JVC HA-EBR80 mic/one button both work

Dunno if you can toss this in anywhere but to users of one button headphones try out headset button controller, with some work it lets you customize button presses

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Awesome thread

Its always a challenge to find good quality headphones and even more so with working mic and buttons.

Heres one more for the list JVC HA-EBR80 mic/one button both work

Dunno if you can toss this in anywhere but to users of one button headphones try out headset button controller, with some work it lets you customize button presses

I'll add it to the list. I'll also add that app as a recommendation for one button headset users.

Thank you so much for the list and for the new groupings. I hope everyone that uses this thread clicks the "thanks" button

Glad people like this thread, user input is just as important since quite a few headsets are on the list due to user in feedback, keep em coming.

masterkamon842

Jul 3, 2011
New York
Didn't see them here, but apparently the Soul sl99's mic doesn't work. I tried mine and didn't work. A review in YouTube I saw confirmed this. Bummer I'm gonna have to waste money on a headset.

Can someone recommend a good pair for 100 or under?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

warrenstimpy

May 7, 2009
Heres another one to add to the list. Monster - DNA In-Ear Headphones (Model 128428-00). Button control works but mic does not work with the s3. However, after testing it with a friends phone, they work with the s2. Was any of the hardware switched with the phones to make a headset work with one model and not the next?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noticed there was a thread regarding headphones with mics and possibly volume controls but thought it would be a good idea to make a defined list for the S3. I'll add to the list as the thread gets updated but this should hopefully help quite a few people.Prices are mainly from Amazon.co.uk but a few have been from Play.com - Google Shopping Results - Ebay

Anything Highlighted in BLUE writing is known for sounding very good. You can then look online for reviews to see if they fit your taste of music (Bass heavy, Clarity over bass, Best of both and so forth)

It is recommended that you stay away from the IEMS that are coloured with RED writing. Individual problems are written alongside

Tip: Apps such as Headset Droid allow you to configure multiple button presses. A neat idea for single button headset users is to have 3 button presses to raise volume and 4 button presses to lower volume. Obviously it's not as nice as having individual buttons, but in the case of the Sony MH1C, the additional buttons make the headset rather ugly and bulky.

Headsets With Working Mic & Volume Controls

Nocs NS200 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£44.99]
    Nokia Purity HD In Ear & On Ears - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [On Ears £102.12/In Ears £59.99]
    Samsung EHS-71 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£80]
    Sony DR-EX102 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls[£34.99 eBay]
    Sony MH1C - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls/Smart Key DOES NOT WORK [£16.99]
    Sony XBA 1VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£69.91]
    Sony XBA 2VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£127.65]
    Urbeats - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.39]

Headsets With Working Mic & One Button

Brainwavz M5 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.50]
    Etymotics HF2 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£124.99]
    Jays a-JAYS One Plus - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.97]
    iFrogz EarPollution Plugz - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£9.50]
    Jlab Jbuds J5M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£25.86]
    JVC HA-EBR80 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£19.99]
    JVC Xtreme Xplosives VARIOUS MODELS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16.74]
    Klipsch Image S4A - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£49.90]
    Klipsch Image S4A ii - Mic/Middle Button/No Volume Controls [£89.99]
    Marshall Minor Headphones - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£44.81]
    Meelectronics A161P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£93]
    Meelectronics M11P+ - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Meelectronics M16P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£18]
    Meelectronics M2P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£20]
    Meelectronics M31P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£28]
    Meelectronics M9P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16]
    Meelectronics SP51P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Phillips Citiscape ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.99]
    Phonak Audeo 022- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£85.49]
    Phonak Audeo 122- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£122.36]
    Samsung EHS-60 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£4]
    Samsung EHS-70 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£50]
    Sennheiser MM50i - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.71]
    Soundmagic E10M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.99]
    Urbanears Bagis - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [23.99]
    Urbanears Plattan ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£38.90]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M100 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£270]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M80 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£159.50]
    Zagg Zagg Smartbuds - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.12]

Headsets With Working Mic & Middle Button But Volume Controls DO NOT WORK

Klipsch Image X10i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£132.50]
    RHA - MA450i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [39.95]
    Sennheiser MM30i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35]
    Sennheiser MM70i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£59.99]
    Sennheiser MX680i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£30]
    Skullcandy 50/50 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£79.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£69.99]
    Ultimate Ears 500 Vi - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£51 eBay]
    V-MODA Remix Remote - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£42.99]

These Headsets Have Limited Functionality - Please Read Individual Descriptions

Aiaiai Capital Headphones - Music can be played/paused with middle button. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    Bose MIE2 - Music can be played and paused with middle button. MIC DOES NOT WORK
    Razer Moray Plus Gaming Headphones - Mic Works and music can be listened to. Controls DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser IE8i - You can hear people talk. THEY CANNOT HEAR YOU - Using This (Link) Allows you to talk ONLY WHEN HOLDING MIDDLE BUTTON
    Sennheiser Momentum - Music can be played/paused with middle button but will also mute the mic, meaning you must unplug and replug the headset to use the mic. Once you press the middle button the mic will be muted. VOLUME CONTROLS DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Music can be played. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    JVC has a whole line of in-ear headphones that work with Android. I personally have a few of them (the Xtreme Xplosives and their Micro HD with metal housing).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones-Remote/dp/B0076WQTXC

Sounds good and works well. They even has the green android on the packaging som it is easy to see that they support it.
    Although it is already fairly easy to read, I shall re-order the layout sometime tomorrow
    Bose MIE2 no mic/ no volume/ no one button. Basically they produce sound and that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Koss iSpark

One button with mic. Works fine with CyanogenMod. Using Jays app the button can be configured to perform multiple functions.