[Q] Help Restoring my HTC ONE back to stock.

Search This thread

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
I bought a used htc one for at&t and it was running 4.1.2. So I tried OTA and it downloaded the s/w, installed it and upon reboot - went straight to something called teamwin recovery (?) screen. I have to chose reboot button to boot the phone back. So I realized it was rooted and am very new to this whole root thing. I wanted to ota upgrade so I googled and stumbled on the following link with too many other links. Since the following link seemed easy, I tried following:

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-...actory-settings-for-warranty-repairs-0149204/

But at the step 4 I get the following:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S--ON RH

2r74wvk.jpg

Now, how can i get it back to stock rom?
I read a lot of threads here for this very topic but each one takes talks different steps and am concerned being a noob with all these steps that I might brick my phone.

Can somebody please help me with the steps to get back to stock. I apologize if this was already covered in one of the many articles. Thanks.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I bought a used htc one for at&t and it was running 4.1.2. So I tried OTA and it downloaded the s/w, installed it and upon reboot - went straight to something called teamwin recovery (?) screen. I have to chose reboot button to boot the phone back. So I realized it was rooted and am very new to this whole root thing. I wanted to ota upgrade so I googled and stumbled on the following link with too many other links. Since the following link seemed easy, I tried following:

http://htc-one.wonderhowto.com/how-...actory-settings-for-warranty-repairs-0149204/

But at the step 4 I get the following:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S--ON RH

2r74wvk.jpg

Now, how can i get it back to stock rom?
I read a lot of threads here for this very topic but each one takes talks different steps and am concerned being a noob with all these steps that I might brick my phone.

Can somebody please help me with the steps to get back to stock. I apologize if this was already covered in one of the many articles. Thanks.

this should be simple ..do you have a windows PC ? if so what OS version if windows 7 continue, if windows 8.1 just gather the files below and post your answer.

Download this >> http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2.exe

and unzip the fastboot.zip below to your desktop
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wzwt8843zx27nh/Fastboot.zip

from the fastboot folder you just made do shift+right click / command prompt here. now in the command window paste this

fastboot oem lock

you just relocked the bootloader ...now run the RUU file you downloaded above and your phone will be back to Stock.

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I already downloaded the RUU RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_US_1.26.502.12_Radio_4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_318450_signed_2 as mentioned in the previous link. Should I not use that instead use the one provided by you above?

Just wanted to make sure the steps:

- enable usb debugging on phone
- connect my phone to usb of my windows 7 (with the phone powered on or powered off?)
- from windows 7 command prompt " fastboot oem lock "
- run the RUU file

Please confirm.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

I already downloaded the RUU RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_US_1.26.502.12_Radio_4A.14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_318450_signed_2 as mentioned in the previous link. Should I not use that instead use the one provided by you above?

- connect my phone to usb of my windows 7 (with the phone powered on or powered off?)
- run the RUU file

Please confirm.

1.26.502.12 is over a year old
flash the one i posted for you it's android 4.3

connect phone to usb when in the bootloader / fastboot usb

Last edited:
Reactions: jsknair

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
Thanks again

I am downloading the RUU.

Do I have to follow the below to do the fastboot?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...restore-back-locked-one-screen-acting-up.html

Reboot your phone to bootloader (power+volume down) and choose fastboot. Plug in your phone and it will change to fastboot USB. Open a command prompt within the fastboot folder and type the following:

fastboot oem lock

The same link I pasted above says to use fastboot oem relock if it is s-on?

"fastboot oem lock" only works if your device is S-OFF and I am assuming yours isn't which is why it didn't work.

Can you please confirm?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Thanks again

I am downloading the RUU.

Do I have to follow the below to do the fastboot?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...restore-back-locked-one-screen-acting-up.html

Reboot your phone to bootloader (power+volume down) and choose fastboot. Plug in your phone and it will change to fastboot USB. Open a command prompt within the fastboot folder and type the following:

fastboot oem lock

The same link I pasted above says to use fastboot oem relock if it is s-on?

"fastboot oem lock" only works if your device is S-OFF and I am assuming yours isn't which is why it didn't work.

Can you please confirm?

which ever works just relock the bootloader and run the RUU

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
which ever works just relock the bootloader and run the RUU

Thanks. I was able to install the RUU you have provided. But the problem is, the camera is all PINK now. It was taking wonderful pictures before but now it's all PINK/PURPLE now. Is there a way I can fix it?

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
Thanks. I was able to install the RUU you have provided. But the problem is, the camera is all PINK now. It was taking wonderful pictures before but now it's all PINK/PURPLE now. Is there a way I can fix it?

I am still not able to OTA upgrade to kitkat after 48hrs. The bootloader now says relocked. Can I simply enter into fastboot and use the following RUU to get Kitkat?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428276

Thanks.

jsknair

Feb 1, 2009
My phone is currently running 4.3 with bootloader in 'relocked' state. I am still not getting the OTA update to 4.4 and all my attempts to RUU update to 4.4 fails with htc_fastboot.exe has stopped working error. I will continue to do some more research to get there as the camera is useless in 4.3 at this point. Thanks for all your help and we can close this thread.

stovie_steve

May 12, 2012
Fastboot oem lock only relocks the bootloader. You would have been better downloading and flashing revone to s off and LOCK the bootloader

Can you post a fastboot getvar all please removing imei and serial no?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- run the RUU file

Please confirm.

1.26.502.12 is over a year old
    flash the one i posted for you it's android 4.3

connect phone to usb when in the bootloader / fastboot usb