[Q] HTC one SV k2cl stuck on boot loop Please Help

Search This thread

mgrmn

May 17, 2014
Hmm, not sure. But if you flashed the boot.img and it got passed the logo then it hung on you, then you are missing your system. Need both boot and system to get it up and running. Missing both or one or the other then you will not be able to boot your device.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

I agree with you assessment. And to add, a new development occurred. After re-flashing the system and boot and recovery again with a new file, now it just goes to the logo but then reboots over and over again, and I can't even use backup from twrp to get it back to where it did at least open up. Now I can't do neither. Its a nightmare. :(

So then my current issue from what you said then is how do I get my system back without a backup? I think I'll need to re-flash both the boot.img and the system.img and recovery.img from Stock and perhaps the radio.img too or whatever else this thing needs to boot back up. Would you happen to have a copy I can use? I tried some of these links that did offer stock img's that were on this site but many are broken and old so therefore there are none really. There doesn't seem to be any existing good copy of stock .img's that I can download at the moment. Would appreciate it kindly you could upload a working link of your img's and even a backup folder copy (before having tried modding) from stock which I can try to use as the restore files in trwp. I think with all that I can probably get it back to stock.

And also...the few times I did attempted to flash the system, it came back as failed. I'd get this error >
[C:\Users\mario\Downloads\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot>fastboot flash system 4.1.2_k2clsystem.img
sending 'system' (1020171 KB)... FAILED (remote: data length is too large)
finished. total time: 1.081s]

All these system.img's I find that say they are for this devise their file size are to large. So do I need to flush or wipe out something to make more room, I don't get it? I know the htc one sv C525C I think only has 1 or 2gb of ram I believe. But that file is only roughly 1mb. I don't get it??? :(

Thanks...

Last edited:

vladdt

Dec 2, 2006
Midleton
@mgrmn

Sent you a PM.

Can you also help me? :( I'm stuck in the bootloop too. Can't do nothing, only fastboot, and recovery working. Can flash any recovery TWRP and CWM, and can flash OTA with them, but then phone again stuck in boot. Phone starting till HTC One beats screen and stuck on it. Trying everithyng, Attempt to flash latest OTA trough HBOOT does nothing - opening file, checking, parsing and then - return to boot loader without anything. Attempt to flash trough the RUU mode and fastboot - boot.img, recovery.img, successfull, radio and system - not.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.00.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.18.40a.00.05
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.11.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: HT2CLTP02312
(bootloader) imei: 352803050220541
(bootloader) product: k2_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8930
(bootloader) modelid: PL8010000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3772mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

mgrmn

May 17, 2014
Can you also help me? :( I'm stuck in the bootloop too. Can't do nothing, only fastboot, and recovery working. Can flash any recovery TWRP and CWM, and can flash OTA with them, but then phone again stuck in boot. Phone starting till HTC One beats screen and stuck on it. Trying everithyng, Attempt to flash latest OTA trough HBOOT does nothing - opening file, checking, parsing and then - return to boot loader without anything. Attempt to flash trough the RUU mode and fastboot - boot.img, recovery.img, successfull, radio and system - not.

Sorry! Unfortunately I'm still in the same boat. Modding.MyMind really tried his best with me, but still no resolve even with all the stock backup files he sent me and various instructions to restore. Something is still missing or in conflict when trying to boot into droid system. Like you recovery and fastboot work fine. Just not able to boot into droid where apps can be seen and used for further troubleshooting like using Dumlock which he also had suggested but its not applicable in our situation since we can't gain access to any of our apps.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I Sent you something to your PM. At least you might be able to get your OS/system back at the very least as it did for me!
Since your S-ON, You'll need to Flash the boot.img in fastboot, after you do a full a restore from the backup files using TWRP custom recovery!

In the meanwhile, I'm gonna try and see if using another custom MOD like from CynogenMod or anybody will have better success getting pass the HTC logo! :fingers-crossed:

Good Luck!

M

Modding.MyMind

DO NOT FLASH ANY ROM THAT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR YOUR DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY IF YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO THE UPDATER-SCRIPT AND/OR TO THE /SYSTEM ITSELF WITH POSSIBLY THE KERNEL/RAMDISK IF REQUIRED!!!

Hello K2_CL owners, let me give a quick example.....

Say you grab the vipersv Rom and you want to use it. You decide to flash it without make any modifications on your own behalf - especially with the updater-script....

Well, guess what champ?

Their system partition is mmcblk0p33 while ours is mmcblk0p35.

mmcblk0p33 for us happens to be our cdma_record partition....

Take a guess at what you may have just done in my example....

Yup, that's right, you just wiped out your cdma_record partition with a /system based on a different device - and an international device for that matter!!!

Don't be that guy...

mgrmn

May 17, 2014

ESPECIALLY IF YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER MAKING MODIFICATIONS TO THE UPDATER-SCRIPT AND/OR TO THE /SYSTEM ITSELF WITH POSSIBLY THE KERNEL/RAMDISK IF REQUIRED!!!

Say you grab the vipersv Rom and you want to use it. You decide to flash it without make any modifications on your own behalf - especially with the updater-script....

Well, guess what champ?

Yup, that's right, you just wiped out your cdma_record partition with a /system based on a different device - and an international device for that matter!!!

Don't be that guy...

So is it safe to assume that if we can flash out, we can also flash it back in? LOL! And if so, how can we make sure it contains the correct partition assignments so we don't screw it up any further? And is it possible to change these number assignments to designate the correct partition name?

Thanks for the education by the way! This helps! :) Its a step closer to where we want to be...which is fixed! :good: :D

M

Modding.MyMind

The updater-script mounts and writes to the specified partition based on the design of the zip whether it be a Rom or some other tweak, etc.

However, mmcblk0p33 (cdma_record) cant be found in any ruu or ota. Will have to be dumped and provided by someone willing to share it to you.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Obviously this dump must be from another K2_CL owner....

mgrmn

May 17, 2014

Well, guess what champ?

Don't be that guy...

The updater-script mounts and writes to the specified partition based on the design of the zip whether it be a Rom or some other tweak, etc.

However, mmcblk0p33 (cdma_record) cant be found in any ruu or ota. Will have to be dumped and provided by someone willing to share it to you.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Obviously this dump must be from another K2_CL owner....

Hmmmmm....I'm a little confused on one point. Wouldn't that corrected mmcblk0p33 (cdma_record) have been already included in the nandroid backup you sent me...I'm confused?

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

It just sounds like your talking about just two completely different things???

M

Modding.MyMind

Hmmmmm....I'm a little confused on one point. Wouldn't that corrected mmcblk0p33 (cdma_record) have been already included in the nandroid backup you sent me...I'm confused?

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

It just sounds like your talking about just two completely different things???

My backup doesn't include cdma_record. So no, my backup would have not corrected the problem for you. My backup only covers mmcblk0p35 (system), mmcblk0p36 (cache), mmcblk0p37 (data), mmcblk0p20 (boot), mmcblk0p21 (recovery).

mgrmn

May 17, 2014
SOLVED!!!

OK PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

....many thanks to Modding.MyMind!

THere's two methods. Try whichever works for you! The second is what worked for me!

(1) You'll need to get a stock nanbackup copy of your droids model to restore your OS if you lost it completely....as I did! LOL! You'll need to use TWRP custom recovery to restore from backup your boot, system, recovery and everything else you can restore, but those three are the main ones. Make sure to do a clean wipe first of EVERYTHING before restoring! If your S-ON or even S-Off (Couldn't hurt!), You'll need to Flash through Fastboot mode the Boot.img. using this command > fastboot flash boot boot.img. If your on Mac its > ./fastboot flash boot boot.img

Note: If you don't have a Boot.img, you can make one easily by converting the name of this file boot.emmc.win, which can be found in your backup folder, to boot.img. And for added measure convert recovery.emmc.win to recovery.img and flash that too though it should have flashed already when you restored from backup! Boot.img is the only file that seems to need this extra step using fastboot if your S-On! Don't ask me why! LOL!

(2) After restoring from TWRP, Restart into bootloader, so you can get into fastboot mode and start flashing the boot.img and perhaps the recovery.img for added measure as already mentioned above! Use "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" to flash recovery. Note: that you will lose your TWRP custom recovery as a result of this. But you can flash that back later after your done getting your droid working again!

METHOD ONE After flashing both images, get out of fastboot mode and back to HBOOT, and try a Factory Reset! This may or may not work, but don't worry! Cause if it does, it will restore your partitions faster than the next step that I tried and succeeded! :)

METHOD TWO If the HTC Factory Reset doesn't occur and just takes you right back to stopping at the HTC Logo, then remove battery and restart to get back into fastboot mode again, make sure your droid is connected to you PC or Mac, and type in these commands in the order shown, hit return after each command line.

PC:
fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip <----(This file you will need to extract it from this zip file ( OTA_K2_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_Boost_2.06.653.5-1.11.653.1_release_3244713ijuyqp8g1s0xuaw.zip ]and place it in your fastboot/adb folder so you can flash it straight to RUU. I obtained this file from this thread under RUUs & OTAs "Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV". YOu can find the model that pertains to you. Mine was this one for Boost Mobile USA version, not international! The Firmware.zip found in the file reset everything without losing root or unlock feature!)

On Mac:
./fastboot erase cache
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
./fastboot flash zip filenamehere.zip

When the firmware.zip is finished uploading loading, (you should see a green bar finished loading), then type this command "fastboot reboot" ( "./fastboot reboot" if your'e on mac...minus the quotation marks! LOL!) and now wait for it..........SUCCESSSSSSSSSS! LOL!

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

PS.
If nothing happens after you enter "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip" ( You should see a whole bunch of scripts running till it says...OKAY! ), then you'll need to either find the right OTA file and/or try finding and flashing a signed copy of the recovery image, eg...recovery_signed.img that belongs to your particular droid model!

But the stock version should work fine! Fingers crossed! LOL!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I having a prob. With this device also. I haven't got s-off on the device but am unlocked and rooted.I trying to install viper ROM 4.2.X but I get stuck in aroma launcher on this part. It stays on the weather hot mp4. Any help or suggestions appreciated. It st the k2_CL on boost

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had TWRP on before CWM but even when i would load that it would still bootloop thats why i used CWM. Just one question if i want to root it again without a system control app this time will i be able to use this exe file to restore it if it happens again. it took me a year before i tried it because the first time there was no roms and i bootlooped that HTC one SV and had to fork over $300.00 bucks for a new one but i figured that i would root it because of busybox.

Again Thanks...Your a life saver if this works.I'll let you know when i'm done

https://www.dropbox.com/s/207ja3683n83rkc/SuperSU_1.75_&_Busybox_1.21.1_FLASH.zip

This can be flashed with twrp its a file by @Modding.MyMind it includes root and busy box

Sent from my C525c using xda app-developers app