[ODIN] Samsung Galaxy S7 (flat) SM-G930F/FD Nougat Beta (G930FXXU1ZPK4)

Search This thread

antonymilo

Oct 10, 2010
Crete , Heraklion
Last edited:

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
Anyone tried to run on w8
Don't try on SM-G930W8, a bit of difference even though GSM devices. I guess T-Mobile's FW are flashable on W8 but no guarantee.

Well, if you read the title it also says G930F
Yup, that's why I shared this.

F firmware runs on the FD
Yeah, I have read it too. But not sure.

Bro this link yu provided have nougat for only SMG930F model but not for SMG930FD variant
We're talking G930F only here. It's not available for the G930FD yet. Confirm if G930F FW can be flashed on FD too, and then try flashing.

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Don't try on SM-G930W8, a bit of difference even though GSM devices. I guess T-Mobile's FW are flashable on W8 but no guarantee.

Yup, that's why I shared this.

Yeah, I have read it too. But not sure.

We're talking G930F only here. It's not available for the G930FD yet. Confirm if G930F FW can be flashed on FD too, and then try flashing.

ill wait , hope us w8 can test

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hello, just a Quick Q: will I trip Knox if I will install this FW as I forgot all about installing fw on samsung phones? I will want to install through Odin and my Phone fw/csc is on build G930FXXS1BPJ1/G930FXU1BPHJ currently .

No you won't trip KNOX flashing official stock Samsung firmware with ODIN

Only if you flash something custom

eutudb23

Jul 26, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
No you won't trip KNOX flashing official stock Samsung firmware with ODIN

Only if you flash something custom

I wanted to ask something maybe foolish but I read on another kind of duplicate thread that there is UK version for 930f and an CH version if I'm right... I suppose this is the UK one no ? and if I want to revert to the previous fw I just have to flash to old fw and thats it or I can't revert from Nougat as it was on some old android version ?
Thank you in advance.

mupper

Jan 23, 2009
Did we get the korean csc and must Change it manuell to btu?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware info

Model name: Galaxy S7
    Model: SM-G930F/FD
    Version: Android 7.0
    Changelist: 9658725
    PDA: G930FXXU1ZPK4
    MODEM: G930FXXU1ZPK4

Galaxy S7/ Edge - Android 7.0 Nougat I 4k Quick Review

Android Nougat For Galaxy S7 S7 Edge
    Installation and First Impressions

- Its NOT Korean , It's the English BTU version -

* Backup your data before flashing, flashing firmware with Odin wipes internal storage *

Download

Mirror Download link big thanks to @viking_vp3

Source

Samfirm Thread
    Has anyone tried to flash it with the same old HOME_CSC file that is already on the device, so that it doesn't wipe the device?

OK, so I took the plunge and updated the firmware using 3 of the nougat files, but with the HOME_CSC of my current firmware (EVR 6.0.1). The result was......the update in odin ran fine, the phone updated fine, then got to the Apps updating screen which went fine, and everything seems to be running fine. no reset, no data loss, no force closes. The new Grace UX is lovely. Very clean. The new phone interface looks great too.
    4th Beta (As stated in their notes) facebook fix was not a beta release

And the more betas, the more stable and optimised the final will be, why would you want them to push out the final when the betas are not stable yet?

In order for the final to be 100% stable and optimised, the last beta they push needs to be near perfect, the final release is just a beta with a few more fixes and a different name

Sound like these guys who won't install beta graphics drivers, and only use WHQL drivers... breaking news, they are the same beta driver but signed

Do you know how many betas Microsoft push out for Windows 10 before releasing the final? A lot more than four

Flash back to MM and stop complaining, it's a beta program for a reason

Or sell the phone, buy one that already has the final Nougat

Personally I would be happy to see betas into January if it meant my phone would be running the best it possibly could, rather than skip QC and rush it out to make the impatient ones who don't seem to understand what beta testing is for, happy

First, the fact that it's another 7.0 beta release indicates Samsung is not ready with 7.1.1. Like I said before, Google announced that the 7.1 CTS will be available in January which means we will most likely not see any 7.1.1 except the ones on Google devices (Pixel/Nexus) before January. I don't understand all the talk about 7.1.x - if you want the latest from Google get a pure Google device.

Second, Android 7.x is going to be quite important for Samsung specifically on the GS7/GS7Edge. After the Note 7 fiasco Samsung needs a device to pit against the iPhone 7 / 7 plus, the Pixel/Pixel XL and other "flagships" that can eat at its market share. It makes sense to thoroughly test it and get customer feedback (hence the beta program).
    It's actually great that we are getting another beta to test. In fact, I hope Samsung adopts the same approach as Microsoft and create a permanent open beta program and engages its customers much more.

Third, as for Samsung's slow time to market - yes, it is taking forever.. but consider this, Samsung devices use a lot propriety technology and IP. It's harder to test and certify all these components.
    Google Nexus and Pixel devices are all Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC-based (and normally use Sony IMX camera sensors) which means as soon as Google releases to AOSP the relevant drivers are out as well making the life for the likes of LG, HTC, Motorola, etc (who use Qualcomm SnapDragon SoC sand Sony IMX sensors) much easier. With the exclusion of the Huawei Mate 9 (HiSilicon 960), I don't recall seeing any other SoC (Mediatek, HiSilicon) ready with a Nougat release (even the HiSilicon 950-based P9 which is due to get Android 7.0 in January)
    So it makes sense for Samsung to take longer for the Exynos-based phones, especially since some have Sony IMX sensors and some Samsung's ISOCELL.
    As for most of the SD820 based ones, they are carrier controlled which adds a whole boat-load of delays and testing...

I'm pretty sure Samsung could easily update all their Qualcomm-based mid-range devices to Nougat but that would upset all the flagship owners even more.

Finally, I think it's best for everyone involved to relax and enjoy the holiday season :). Samsung will release Android 7.0 or 7.1.1 when it is ready to do so.
    Here are a couple of screenshots post install on my 930FD

26c1e70d5cb3ca63a8c3f1bda2f03710.jpg
    .jpg
    d510ff77684761f9899f0220554ca961.jpg
    1cd8f883795188b1069fb9c71c2ff8d2.jpg
    15dbf09914ffd0f5db4f58541685b798.jpg
    8b948410a643e194e80e515d5aef99c4.jpg
    fc53e8e9a89c488e7a4b9ff531de6274.jpg

c5c9955f3e73ab5508995fe62686aa75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    I'd love to share my experiences with second beta (ZPKC):
    - camera is getting closer to stock MM levels. evening shots are fine now, especially in pro mode with adjustments
    - they addressed the wifi toggle issue, even wifi signal is much better now, tested on 3 different routers.
    - battery issues are corrected, last night it drained 3% during 9 hours while sleeping. no more stupid 25% drains.
    - SOT is about 4.5-6 hours as someone confirmed above.
    - significantly louder music player volume (at least on bluetooth)

It seems you can't register as a beta tester any more. However if you have registered earlier you'll get the updates even if you flashed the leaked samfirm fw with the CSC included.
    If you haven't received the second update yet and registered for the beta you should factory reset your device. Then go back to the update menu and finally it will say "registered for updates" and starts to download the ZPKC one (it's about 93mb). This is highly recommended, I haven't received any update until the reset and got mad because of the battery drain, while the patch was out already around Wednesday/Thursday.

Hope I helped and sorry about the whining earlier.