MX Player Pro 1.9.10 does not now play mpeg video

Search This thread

gcoxusa

Jan 7, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - 2014 Edition tablet running Android version 4.4.2.

I purchased MX Player Pro in October to play some videos on the tablet and everything played well. Today I noticed that those same videos do NOT now play. Instead I get a message that says "Mpeg2video not supported". Needless to say ... this now you see it ... now you don't is beyond frustrating.

So I uninstalled and re-installed the MX Player Pro app, and still get the same error. I suspect that some recent updates might be cause but I cannot be sure as updates happen automatically usually. I would appreciate some advice on troubleshooting this problem.

hellsing71

Jan 8, 2018
I have a new Lenovo Tab 4 with Android 7.1.1, Snapdragon 625 and lots of mpeg2 videos and just installed MX Player. Which codec version should I use?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a new Lenovo Tab 4 with Android 7.1.1, Snapdragon 625 and lots of mpeg2 videos and just installed MX Player. Which codec version should I use?
If you're not sure what kind of chip you have, the "All in One" file works for all. It's just bigger.

Download to storage, go into app settings and point the decoder to that file.

Sent from my official carrier unlocked LG V30+ US998

Last edited: