Touchscreen acting up weird. "Auto taps" search button

Search This thread

gethypedonthis

Oct 31, 2010
Since a day or three i'm having this very weird problem with my touchscreen, I'll try describing it as good as possible:

- Half the time it works perfectly and very smooth
- Then suddenly it gets difficult to slide/drag on the screen and it seems the touchscreen "automaticly" trys to start tapping the lower right search button/icon/softkey. Followed by of course the searchfunction popping up.
- Sometimes it even goes beserk without touching the phone at all (keeps hitting the search button).
- If i then lock my screen and unlock it, it sometimes working perfectly well for a moment.
- Also noticed when it's occuring and I try pushing the hard case just below the touchscreen it also acts up ....

Okay, so I hope i described it ok, it's al so random at the moment. I'll report more if I can.

Rom i'm using: the latest cyanogenmod9 (did full wipe etc, still same problem and no-one else reporting on the same issue).
The problem also occured in Clockworkmod recovery!!!

*edit:

Quick side-note question, I have htcdev unlock and using custom roms. Can I get my phone back to full standard/stock so I can send in my phone for warrenty? Or is my warrenty already lost by using htcdev unlock etc? What are the best steps to get full stock again? (so no htc dev unlock, no root, no clockwork recovery etc ...)

Last edited:

kamei

Nov 3, 2007
Have the same problem but on stock ive send it in for warranty its gone now for 2 weeks now mine was/is full stock because i still have warranty later in time ill play around with roms.ill let you now what happend if it gets repaired under warranty or ill have to pay.

Gr kamei

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

gethypedonthis

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for letting know. was getting scared I'm the only one out there :p. I'm just going to try to get everything back to stock and sent it too repairs aswell (since I don't have a choice at all ...)

kamei

Nov 3, 2007
I've got mine back from service today gone for 2,5 weeks new display under waranty so I'm very glad lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

just_revan

Jun 4, 2012
Skopje
Try this, I found it on another forum:

This is from Lignja (earlier comment):

if you have touchscrean and swipe problems on your sensation, download SGS touchscreen booster from market, install it, press on super optimized, and pull first 3 collums on end left, and 2 last on end right, then press apply... your sensation will worke like a charm, you wont have any swipe problems or locking ring... then you can test it and turn back ond defult or uninstal that application and it will still work... hope it helps you like it helped to me... soz for bad english..