[Q] Note 10.1 SM-P605 ROM Install problem

Search This thread

pilib

Jan 23, 2004
I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks

Stock carrier roms use a different pit file. The Hidden Partition takes up more space than the standard pit file gives.... Use a generic stock rom, not a carrier rom unless you have the pit file you need to flash...
An incorrect pit file or corrupt pit file can brick your device, tread carefully...

Reactions: pilib

andythilo

Oct 17, 2010
I had the same, a HK device. I flashed it with a UK room from Samsung. You don't need carrier specific. I've had EE and O2 sims in mine and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stock carrier roms use a different pit file. The Hidden Partition takes up more space than the standard pit file gives.... Use a generic stock rom, not a carrier rom unless you have the pit file you need to flash...
    An incorrect pit file or corrupt pit file can brick your device, tread carefully...