[Q] Stuck at splash screen, cant enter recovery.

Search This thread

wolfsummers

May 6, 2014
I have an htc one as stated above. It is rooted and has s-off but at the time things went wrong I was running my stock rom.

Yesterday when I went to pause my music my screen froze. I tried turning my phone off and when I attemtep to reboot it all I got was the htc white logo screen. It will remain on this screen until I turn the phone off.

I can enter the bootloader but the options don't work (reboot only turns the phone off, factory rest freezes the bootloader) I have tried everything to fix this, from locking the bootloader and using an RUU exe (locking the bootloader failed) to reflashing the recovery (gave me the error "remote image update error).

The thing that I really don't understand is why this happened, I wasn't even doing anything and my phone just crapped out on me.
I need this phone back and I don't know what to do, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

wolfsummers

May 6, 2014
Oh, and the best part is that all of this happened AFTER I already filed a warranty claim for the phones faulty mic. My new device comes tomorrow and if I send them this one back I'll be out 600 bucks.
Is there any way to fix this?

wolfsummers

May 6, 2014
I have an htc one as stated above. It is rooted and has s-off but at the time things went wrong I was running my stock rom.

Yesterday when I went to pause my music my screen froze. I tried turning my phone off and when I attemtep to reboot it all I got was the htc white logo screen. It will remain on this screen until I turn the phone off.

I can enter the bootloader but the options don't work (reboot only turns the phone off, factory rest freezes the bootloader) I have tried everything to fix this, from locking the bootloader and using an RUU exe (locking the bootloader failed) to reflashing the recovery (gave me the error "remote image update error).

The thing that I really don't understand is why this happened, I wasn't even doing anything and my phone just crapped out on me.
I need this phone back and I don't know what to do, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Additionally, everything is still unlocked (bootloader says unlocked, still have s-off) and there is no tamper evidence either.