[Q] Touchscreen issues on 4.4.3, HELP! (Bounty Avalible)

Search This thread

thekalby

Feb 25, 2011
I updated to GPE 4.4.3 through the RUU recently and have had some pretty bad persistent touchscreen problems recently.

I have turned show touches on in developer settings and discovered the the issue takes two forms. Sometimes the screen has trouble tracking my finger. Ill swipe my finger around, and the phone will not register my finger smoothly unless I press down hard. Then sometimes this issue will randomly fix itself and the phone will smoothly track my finger on the screen without the need to press down hard. When this happens however, a new problem arises. There will be a persistent ghost tap in the upper left hand corner. The screen thinks it's getting repeatedly pressed. Additionally, the location it thinks its being pressed sometimes moves a drop around.

When I downgrade back to 4.4.2 however the problem disappears. I've tried multiple 4.4.3 roms, and even tried running the 4.4.3 RUU, yet the issue persists. What could possibly be the problem. Could it be hardware related? In which case why does it only show on 4.4.3?

I really need to fix this, and will offer a bounty of $10 to anyone who will work with me to try to figure out what exactly the issue is, and fix it. I can send videos and logcats if need be.

Last edited:

itaykoren

Jul 26, 2010
The second problems happens to me too

Sometimes when I open the gmail app, an email is pressed on its own without me touching the screen.
This happened a lot of times.

Has anyone else encountered this?

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Weird... Are you running a custom kernel?

Good question.

I'm on HTC stock 2.22.401.4 and didn't encounter this problems with the actual or predecessor firmwares. So it could either be a problem with the GPE 4.4.3 kernel, or caused by a custom kernel installed. The - as I think - only alternative is that one of the installed apps is causing issues ..