[Q] Cyanogen mod installation

Search This thread

El_Desperado

May 24, 2014
Hi Everybody!!
I'm serching for help because i get a bit confused on various guides to install an alternative rom in my Kindle Fire; the point is that this tablet has a stok so that is quite annoying and i wanted to get rid of it.
What i've undertood by now is that i have to:
- Root the device
- Install TWRP/Bootloader
- Install custom Rom
My problem is that i dunno what guide i should follow, because my actual firmware version is 7.4.6, and i've read that i may need to revert back to 7.2.3 and i didn't understood how to do it.
I will need a factory cable? Where I get the software to do it?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Technically you don't need to downgrade the os, only the bootloader. I recommend this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909

A fastboot cable is not required but is recommended in case you mess up. If your device is not yet rooted you can root it with binary's root. Turn on usb debugging under your kindles security settings and use the drivers in my signature to update the unknown devices drivers. When rooting if you use the latest version of binary's root I believe you must choose "old" as the method to root.

If you follow the tutorial I linked above for twrp and 2nd bootloader there is something I want to point out. When you follow then instructions and open the fireflash app, there should be red warning text about downgrading the bootloader, you need to make sure you check the box above/next to that warning text, somehow people miss it and the result is a red screen brick that only a fastboot cable can fix. Secondly I just recommend to put the ROM and corresponding gapps you plan to flash on the kindle ahead of time. Its just a good idea to in case you get stuck in twrp.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: El_Desperado

El_Desperado

May 24, 2014
It ended up that at the time i posted the question i wasn't on the mood for installing the rom, but today i decided to ge rid of amazon's os, and everything worked like a charm, so thanks!! The video linked in fireflash app post was very well made

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Technically you don't need to downgrade the os, only the bootloader. I recommend this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2271909

A fastboot cable is not required but is recommended in case you mess up. If your device is not yet rooted you can root it with binary's root. Turn on usb debugging under your kindles security settings and use the drivers in my signature to update the unknown devices drivers. When rooting if you use the latest version of binary's root I believe you must choose "old" as the method to root.

If you follow the tutorial I linked above for twrp and 2nd bootloader there is something I want to point out. When you follow then instructions and open the fireflash app, there should be red warning text about downgrading the bootloader, you need to make sure you check the box above/next to that warning text, somehow people miss it and the result is a red screen brick that only a fastboot cable can fix. Secondly I just recommend to put the ROM and corresponding gapps you plan to flash on the kindle ahead of time. Its just a good idea to in case you get stuck in twrp.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk