How to put other t9 into Oxygen?

Search This thread

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Hello,

I have an english version of Oxygen, but I am from Poland - can I put polish t9 dictionary into this phone?

Best greetings;
Robert A.

adioperator

Dec 27, 2006
Tulcea, RO
Also, note down the language ID of your language. This is useful when playing with the registry. You can find a handy list here (Look at the LCID Hex column):

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/referen...setup/lcid.mspx

1. Store your DLL (T9RomanianLdb.dll)
Place your language DLL in a folder under \Storage\Windows\

2. Edit the registry
Now, over to the registry goodness. There are two places you need to play with. The first one is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages

Click on the Available value and edit it. Add your language ID to the list and save. If you want to be extra fancy, place them in alphabetical order, as the list wont get sorted, it will just be read from beginning to end and your languages will be placed in that order.

Now, click back a couple of times and select the LDBs folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs

Here, add a New Value (String value) for each new language you are installing, the name of the Value is the Language ID and the Value Data is the path to the language file, for instance:
Example:
Value: 0418
Value Data: \Storage\Windows\T9RomanianLdb.dll

Reset and go
Reset your phone for the above to take effect. You can now select your new language from the dropdown text type menu, for instance when writing a text message.
:)

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Thanks a lot Sir!

Thanks for your answer I will check it in just a moment:)
Anyway, I am from Poland, not Romanian, so I will have to find a T9polish.dll;-) Hope it will be possible.

Best greetings,
Robert A.

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Woow, So Big Big Thanks for you:)

You will be my Salvation Sir;-)
Hope it will work when I apply it to my phone.
I was writing about 7 letters to different HTC support in Europe (Denmark, Poland, Germany) and nobody wanted to help with this. Their adivce was: Go to shop and buy anyother phone. I was asking them to send me ROM image file of Polish version of WM5, then I was asking them of Polish T9 and no help anywhere.

By the way - do you know if there is Polish version of Windows Mobile 5 for this phone? Would be great to get it;-)

Once more thank you and best greetings,
Robert A.
abram@wp.pl

abramq

Dec 24, 2006
Doesn't work in sms, works in other...

Unfortunately the method works in my phone, but only when I for example change name of file or folder.
It doesn' work in sms - I just hear a sound and there is no letters written..

By the way - the file you send me is from HTC S310?

Best greetings,
Robert A.