Forgot the Basics

Search This thread

Srwilliams

Sep 30, 2007
I have been away from my gear watch for two months and I forgot how to do some of the basics I did before. I know how to use Odin to flash over the files for the new firmware for the gear watch itself. . But there is a Gear Manager update that has to be installed separately. The GR Manager update has been available for a week and it is posted in this forum. It has to be installed on the phone separately from ODIN. I simply forgot the process for installing the Gear Manager software. SInce I have a rooted phone I have done this before, but since I have been away from the watch for months I forgot.

Can someone remind me of the process for loading or installing the Gear Manager software onto the phone itself. I can't automatically do it thru the software itself because I have a rooted phone with Null custom rom

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I have been away from my gear watch for two months and I forgot how to do some of the basics I did before. I know how to use Odin to flash over the files for the new firmware for the gear watch itself. . But there is a Gear Manager update that has to be installed separately. The GR Manager update has been available for a week and it is posted in this forum. It has to be installed on the phone separately from ODIN. I simply forgot the process for installing the Gear Manager software. SInce I have a rooted phone I have done this before, but since I have been away from the watch for months I forgot.

Can someone remind me of the process for loading or installing the Gear Manager software onto the phone itself. I can't automatically do it thru the software itself because I have a rooted phone with Null custom rom

You mean you forgot how to use adb and sideload? Or you can use wondershare.

Here's the null rom tutorial using wondershare.

Here's the null rom tutorial how to load apks without wondershare.

Srwilliams

Sep 30, 2007
You mean you forgot how to use adb and sideload? Or you can use wondershare.

Here's the null rom tutorial using wondershare.

Here's the null rom tutorial how to load apks without wondershare.

Bear with me. I do know well how to side load apps both with and without wondershare. I can use ADB quite well. I guess what I do not recall is if I have the APK for the GEAR MANAGER software that goes on the phone is that loaded by way of adb. I have gotten myself all turned around in that i know how to load ape's onto the watch itself using adb, but I do not recall if that is the same process for loading the apk for the Gear Manager onto the phone.

Perhaps I should attack this from this perspective. I have downloaded the latest GEAR MANAGER software from a thread on this forum. How do I get it onto my phone. I no longer use Wondershare as my trial ran out. But I know the adb process quite well. I just son't know if I install the apk to the watch or to the phone, and if to the phone where

Thanks so much

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Bear with me. I do know well how to side load apps both with and without wondershare. I can use ADB quite well. I guess what I do not recall is if I have the APK for the GEAR MANAGER software that goes on the phone is that loaded by way of adb. I have gotten myself all turned around in that i know how to load ape's onto the watch itself using adb, but I do not recall if that is the same process for loading the apk for the Gear Manager onto the phone.

Perhaps I should attack this from this perspective. I have downloaded the latest GEAR MANAGER software from a thread on this forum. How do I get it onto my phone. I no longer use Wondershare as my trial ran out. But I know the adb process quite well. I just son't know if I install the apk to the watch or to the phone, and if to the phone where

Thanks so much

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted software onto the watch, but you need it onto the phone! I think? If so, what kind of phone are we talking about here, and what android version is it running?

Srwilliams

Sep 30, 2007
Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted software onto the watch, but you need it onto the phone! I think? If so, what kind of phone are we talking about here, and what android version is it running?

440bro:

Thanks for your patience in trying to help me.

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and running the latest android, but not KitKat. Would You believe i have actually loaded Gear Manager software before But I simply forgot how I did it. I have to load the updates for Gear Manager manually because I am running a custom rom with Null 19. I just don't remember how I loaded the updates in the past

jmorton10

Jul 1, 2008
Rochester, NY
440bro:

Thanks for your patience in trying to help me.

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and running the latest android, but not KitKat. Would You believe i have actually loaded Gear Manager software before But I simply forgot how I did it. I have to load the updates for Gear Manager manually because I am running a custom rom with Null 19. I just don't remember how I loaded the updates in the past

I am running a note 3 with beans rom and null 22.1 on my watch and I can still install GM automatically to my phone if I want to, I'm not sure why you would not be able to??

Srwilliams

Sep 30, 2007
I am running a note 3 with beans rom and null 22.1 on my watch and I can still install GM automatically to my phone if I want to, I'm not sure why you would not be able to??

When I go to the manager on the phone and try to check for update it tells me my gear has been modified. Software updates are not available

tatoo069sv

Mar 23, 2013
When I go to the manager on the phone and try to check for update it tells me my gear has been modified. Software updates are not available

The update your checking is the firmware in gear manager for the gear. You need to go into the Samsung apps on your phone and update gear manager from there.
That's Samsung app and not play store lol. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Srwilliams

Sep 30, 2007
The update your checking is the firmware in gear manager for the gear. You need to go into the Samsung apps on your phone and update gear manager from there.
That's Samsung app and not play store lol. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tatoo:

I did as you directed and went into Samsung Apps on the phone and I did not see anywhere a vehicle to upgrade the gear manager. All I had was a bunch of watch faces