[APP] TrackballColorNotify 1.0beta3

Search This thread

lilHermit

Retired Recognized Developer
May 6, 2009
TrackballColorNotify allows you set the color of the Trackball/jogball on incoming SMS/MMS.

Downloads

Change List

-1.0beta3 (12-Feb-2010)
Added more debugging to sort FCs
Cleaned up su_binary evaluation code
New primary control directory
Few bug fixes
Added more additional fields to debug email​
-1.0beta2 (11-Feb-2010)
Added Email Debug Info
This will email me debug info including logcat data.
If you are concerned about sensitive information, you can change the To address to yourself to check the contents of the logcat and then forward
Added custom Flash Color via RGB Sliders
Added Message count preference
Added Test Notification option
-1.0beta1 (05-Feb-2010)
Added preferences screen,
Vibrate on/off
Flash Color
Ringtone selection
Flash rate
Completely rewritten su code again (still native c, now with less su popups)
Added Application menu and moved "force stop" there
Trackball constructor can now except control-directory, maybe add control-directory as a preference in future if keeps changing

- 1.0alpha6 (03-Feb-2010)
Trackball constructor now looks in 1 of 2 locations for Jogball-backlight directory. It seems in .32 kernel it has moved​
- 1.0alpha5 (unreleased)
Rewrote all su code in native c/c++, for speed and reliability​

- 1.0alpha4 (unreleased)
Improved debugging to help solve .32 kernel issues​
- 1.0alpha3 (29-Jan-2010)

Fixed missing mms notification - Messed up logic
- 1.0alpha2 (23-Jan-2010)
Fixed vibrate FC bug - Missing permission
Fixed "Clear all" bug by excluding alert from "Clear all"
- 1.0alpha1 (22-Jan-2010)
Initial Release
Known Issues:
- There is a delay of 3 seconds before it starts flashing selected color at the moment this a because the system will turn it off because it thinks its turning off the white led.

Caveat
- The system will override the flashing if another system notification is set
- You will see a single white flash before the app flashes the correct color, this is the system doing this.
Todo:

- Add check for Nexus One​

Requirements:

- Su/Rooted phone
- Nexus One
- Notifications turned off in your SMS/MMS app

Use at your own risk, I cannot be held responsible for loss or damage etc etc yada yada yada.

Last edited:

hmarcus

Jul 7, 2009
Washington, DC
wow this is pretty amazing. the new colors are awesome! definitely would donate!
suggestions; alternate colored notification bar icon colors (ie the ones found in Handcent), and later, i know its still only beta, email and gmail support if that would even be a possibility.
Besides those minor aesthetic opinions, it works like it says. Switch of notifications in chompsms, handcent or whatever you have including the stock app, set up the preferences in this one and it works brilliantly!
thanks for your hard work!

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Works so far.

Im still unclear on the default icon in notification bar. Is it mandatory for it to appear there ?

Reason being I have handcent setup with different icons/sounds for individuals.
When a text comes in the trackball works fine but I get both the default messaging app Icon in notification bar AND handcent.
I tried turning off the default messaging but it pops up with trackball.

lilHermit

May 6, 2009
wow this is pretty amazing. the new colors are awesome! definitely would donate!
suggestions; alternate colored notification bar icon colors (ie the ones found in Handcent), and later, i know its still only beta, email and gmail support if that would even be a possibility.
Besides those minor aesthetic opinions, it works like it says. Switch of notifications in chompsms, handcent or whatever you have including the stock app, set up the preferences in this one and it works brilliantly!
thanks for your hard work!

Thanks for your kind comments.

I'm looking to implement this at a lower level than app, so we can get different notifications. Currently the system can override the trackball.

I'm open to icon/image donations (via pm please to keep the thread tidy) I'll give you credit if used.

lilHermit

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Thanks for your kind comments.

I'm looking to implement this at a lower level than app, so we can get different notifications. Currently the system can override the trackball.

I'm open to icon/image donations (via pm please to keep the thread tidy) I'll give you credit if used.

lilHermit

Id much much prefer to get this working on Email /VM/Missed calls etc than worrying about aesthetics at this point.

Hace you contacted any of the rom guys to see if it can be dug into a deeper level and work in a fuller capacity ?

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
+1 on that- to be able to apply this across the whole rom would be fantastic.

this is awesome- i think it needs the ability to not have the icon show in status bar though due to some people (me being one) who use handcent personalised notifications.

now, where is your donate button? :D

lilHermit

May 6, 2009
+1 on that- to be able to apply this across the whole rom would be fantastic.
I'm looking into that. The problem is the current codebase only has a method flashing the trackball white. We need to hook right into the core notification system.

this is awesome- i think it needs the ability to not have the icon show in status bar though due to some people (me being one) who use handcent personalised notifications.
I can add an option but i think you will end up with a situation where the trackball does not stop flashing. Because its my notification, when it get selected/acknowledged my Cancel "callback" method is actioned.

now, where is your donate button? :D

Its now in the footer ;)

djnutz

Jan 9, 2008
Hands down one of my favorite apps now. Thanks for making this. Its funny how the simple things are some of the best (colored blinking lights) lol.

teddy_ballgame3

Feb 16, 2009
Wilkes Barre, PA
the beta version is not working for me. the alpha version of trackball notification worked alright (with very few minor bugs). i turned off the notifications on messaging and popup sms and i get one white flash and nothing else. i turned off popup sms entirely and still got the same issue. im currently running cyanogen's beta4 if that matters.

lilHermit

May 6, 2009
the beta version is not working for me. the alpha version of trackball notification worked alright (with very few minor bugs). i turned off the notifications on messaging and popup sms and i get one white flash and nothing else. i turned off popup sms entirely and still got the same issue. im currently running cyanogen's beta4 if that matters.
I'll pm you for logcat info.

alextripp

Jan 2, 2010
Are you going to implement a way to flash different colors for different contacts SMSing you? If you do this i will definitely buy you a beer! :D

alextripp

Jan 2, 2010
When I recieve texts now, my notification bar shows two of the smilie face text notifications and when i pull the bar down it shows the same texts twice. Only started after I installed this.