Search This thread

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Root LG G Pad 8.0 [LG v490] for Android 4.4.2 [KitKat]

NOTE: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Use with your OWN Responsibility

METHOD 1
1) Download this https://goo.gl/j8TuS1
2) Unzip the file
3) On Your Tablet go to Settings/About Tablet/Software Info and click 7 times (quick) on Build number to enable Developer options
4) On Your Tablet go to Developer Options and enable USB debugging
5) Connect USB cable to Tablet and PC
6) Scroll down notification bar and Tap on Media Device (MTP)
7) Change it to PTP
5) On your Windows PC run purpledrake_windows.bat
and Follow the on-screen guides

METHOD 2
1) Download this https://goo.gl/e3RQne
2) Unzip the file
3) Open cmd.exe
4) Connect USB cable from PC to Tablet (PTP Media Device is Recommended)
5) Run the command
and check if the device is online
6) Now if device is Online run this command
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
7) Now you need to Turn off the Tablet and unplug the USB cable to boot on Download Mode
8) To Boot to Download Mode you need to Hold Volume UP button and Connect the USB
9) You will see Firmware Update screen now you need to find which COM is your Tab using
10) Now back to Extracted files open ports.bat file
11) See the Diag port (DIAG1) of your Tablet.
12) Back On the Command Line now run the command
Send_Command.exe \\.\COM4
NOTE: On COM4 you need to enter you Tab DIAG COM you got from the step 11.
13) Now root your Tab with this final command
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
14) After finishing all them Reboot the Device
(Keep pressing the Power Button for 10-15 seconds for Reboot from Download Mode)

Last edited:

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Root LG G Pad 8.0 [LG v490] for Android 5.0.2 [Lollipop]

NOTE: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Use with your OWN Responsibility

1) Download this APK https://goo.gl/v8R5CF
2) On your Tablet go to Settings/Security and enable Unknown sources
3) Install the apk on your Tablet
4) Connect to Internet (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G)
5) Run the app
6) Press the Blue Root button
attachment.php

7) Wait for rooting
attachment.php

8) Somewhere between 50~60% maybe it will ask you to Install a Unwanted app (this is a cleaner app) you need to Allow install to continue Rooting Progress
attachment.php

After that wait for app to install su binaries and when it finishes you will be Rooted and your SU Manager (Root Permissions) will be KingUser (don't delete it)

NOTE: This app will install a another app (MasterKing Cleaner) if you don't want it you can delete it!

Last edited:

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
LG G Pad 8.0 [v490]

Device Picture
attachment.php

More Photos at Attachments

Specifications
Network Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Announced: 2014, August
Body Dimensions: 210.8 x 124.2 x 10 mm (8.30 x 4.89 x 0.39 in)
Weight: 344 g (12.13 oz)
SIM: Micro-SIM
Display Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size: 8.0 inches (~71.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution: 800 x 1280 pixels (~188 ppi pixel density)
Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
OS: Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v5.0.2 (Lollipop)
Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400
CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU: Adreno 305
RAM: 1GB
Memory: 16/32GB Internal (Expandable with MicroSD up to 32GB)
Back Camera: 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels (Video: 1080p@30fps)
Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Face detection, Panorama
Front Camera: 1.3 MP, 1280 х 960 (Video: 720p)
Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
Bluetooth: v4.0, LE
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Infrared port: Yes
Sensors: Accelerometer, compass
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4200 mAh battery
USB: microUSB v2.0

[Source GSMArena]

Attachments

• large01.jpg
    large01.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 81,101
  • large02.jpg
    large02.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,428
  • large03.jpg
    large03.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,409
  • large05.jpg
    large05.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,437
Last edited:

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Install ClockworkMod (6.0.5.1) PhilZ (6.59.0) Touch Recovery on LG G Pad 8.0 [LG v490] for Android 4.4.2

NOTES: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Use with your OWN Responsibility
This is working only on ROOTED GPad with Android 4.4.2 Stock ROM. It Will not work with Android 5.0.2 (It Will give Boot certification Error)

1) Download Recovery From https://goo.gl/6xepzI
2) Download this App https://goo.gl/nosoJZ
3) Put your downloaded files on the device
4) On your tablet install the Flashify apk provided on step2
5) Open App
attachment.php

6) Press Flash Recovery image
7) Chose from file
attachment.php

8) Find and open the Philz_Touch_recovery_V490.img
9) Confirm the flash (Press Yup!)
attachment.php

10) Press Reboot and Enjoy your New Recovery
attachment.php

Last edited:

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Flash KDZ Files (Stock ROMs) on your LG GPad 8.0 [LG v490]

1) Download this https://goo.gl/XpDn4V
2) Extract the zip
3) Download a KDZ File for your Tablet from the list HERE and move it to the folder with the extracted files from the zip
4) Turn off your Tablet (If you haven't)
5) Now with powered off tablet Hold Volume UP button and plugin USB cable from Windows PC to boot into Download Mode
attachment.php

6) Now on your Windows PC run from extracted files the LGFlashTool2014.exe
7) Select the KDZ file
attachment.php

8) Ready to Flash the KDZ
- Press Normal Flash if you want to upgrade and keep Files and Settings
- Press CSE Flash if you want to Format entire device and make a Fresh Install of OS (This will fix any problem with the Previous OS)
9) Press Start to start the flash
attachment.php

10) It Will ask for country and Language. is not need to change the language is depending on the KDZ file but if you want change it
11) It will open a New Window (LG Mobile Support Tool) and it will start analyzing your Tab
12) If You receive the Error Connection to server failed press OK and wait. DON'T CLOSE THE WINDOW
attachment.php

attachment.php

13) Now on your tablet you will see that the Flashing process has started wait to finish
attachment.php

14) When your Tablet finish the Flash it will reboot and when it Boot successfully you can Exit the app on your Windows PC

Last edited:

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Kirek50 No. There is not any Recovery for LG v490 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop yet.
because i have a little experience on linux and coding i am trying to find ways to install CWM PhilZ recovery. When and If i find something i will inform you guys.
This Thread has and will have All you Need for LG G Pad 8.0 :)

mescalito83 It might work for many LG Models. Those Guides on this thread are tested and are working on LG v490 i don't know if all of these guides are working on other LG models that's why i don't write that this guide is working on other models. You can write if any of these guides is working on other model but first test it if it works good and then post it. Thanks.

Reactions: Geo_Tech and hyof

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Nice work you done here! I will try to root on Lollipop.
I wish we could try some roms from 8.3 but i dont thinks it's possible for now.

Reactions: drikinukoda

drikinukoda

May 25, 2014
Preveza
Thanks zaf_4 (Ευχαριστώ)
I Don't think it will work due to different hardware between those 2 devices!
Πάντως άμα βγει καμία ROM για LG v490 θα την ποστάρω σε αυτό το thread

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Patriotaki,
δεν σε κατάλαβα! Ευχαριστούμε για την βοήθεια σου.
Thanks for the topic, we should have one for LG G PAD 8.0 V490. I dont have any expectations for roms. I know that's different hardware but it's pitty cause nobody cares for the tablet. It's nice though that we have atleast root for lollipop.

Reactions: drikinukoda

sconkel

Jun 19, 2015
Will this root method work on G pad 8.0 F from tmobile? V496
Are there any roms that would be compatible too?

This root method did not work for my tmobile G Pad F 8.0 (v496). However i was able to root it by using the newest version (4.1 i believe) of kingroot (in english i might add), still trying to find a custom recovery that works. I have cwm flashed now but it's all jacked up lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ianoob

tlxxxsracer

Jul 28, 2010
Knoxville
This root method did not work for my tmobile G Pad F 8.0 (v496). However i was able to root it by using the newest version (4.1 i believe) of kingroot (in english i might add), still trying to find a custom recovery that works. I have cwm flashed now but it's all jacked up lol

All jacked up how? :confused: Ill look into the kingroot :) thanks
Are you aware of any roms thatll run?

kvanderberg

Feb 26, 2009

Really? Post #3 worked like a champ on my T-Mob v496, except it wanted to install something at 18% not 50 like it says. Haven't messed with recovery yet though, really just need my adaway :). Anyone think we'll get 5.1 on this puppy?

sconkel

Jun 19, 2015
All jacked up how? :confused: Ill look into the kingroot :) thanks
Are you aware of any roms thatll run?

It pulls up cwm when i boot into recovery but anything i hit takes me to a black screen and i have to hard reset. I down know of any roms but i can't say I've looked really either.

The root method on post #3 gave me a red sad face after like %40. Not sure what it actually said since it was in chinese but i tried once again with similar results so i found the latest version of kingroot (4.1 in english) and it worked for me

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando
Hi guys. Successfully rooted T-Mobile V496 using Kingsroot 4.1.x (although I accidentally used the non English one ?). Got the tablet for free via a Father's Day promotion. Gotta say, im pretty im pressed with this thing. Good news is, because of the promotion , we're likely to see more owners and hopefully more development. Going to try to install Xposed next. Will report back.

Reactions: NYLUVBUG and ianoob

ianoob

Jan 29, 2011
Cincinnati
Kingroot 4.1 worked on my v496 as well, now i can add a swap file so Slacker doesn't close in the background.
Edit - can't create a swap file drep derp, time to tweak the lmk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root AT&T LG G Pad F 8.0 [LG- V495] for Android 5.0.2 [Lollipop]

As per OP for Android 5.02 using KingRoot_4.0.0.233_release_2015050.apk. During the root install, the AT&T LG G PAD F 8.0 device prompted me to either decline or accept to "Allow Google to regularly check device activity for security problems, and prevent or warn about potential harm.", which I always declined.
    Root install went to 100% without a pause. Root Checker ver 5.5.1 from joeykrim does verify root: "Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device! Device: LG-V495, Android Version 5.0.2"

I was able to install Busybox prior to attempting to upgrade SuperSU binaries.

Problems:
    1. SuperSU binaries repeatedly fail to update regardless of rebooting and trying again and again..
    2. ES File Explorer cannot gain root access.
    3. Chainfire's PlaysStore app,[root] FlashFire, when opened reports that "Root access could not be acquired, or you are not running either SuperSU or CM SU."

Although joeykrim's Root Checker did verify root, in actuality this does not seem to be a functionally working valid root. Uninstalling KingRoot 4.0 and re-running Root Checker reports "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device."

I then did a hard reset (Factory Reset). where android upgraded and optimized 134 apps, before rebooting into stock setup exactly like the first time boot when taken new out of the box.

Kingroot works, but I prefer Chainfire SuperSU.

Agreed. Any workaround for rooting with another method, or installing SuperSU?

Rooted with Kingroot & replaced it with SuperSu using this script. No computer required just make sure you have Terminal Emulator installed!

Download the file attached and extract it

Put the mrw folder on the root of the sd card

Open Terminal Emulator and type:
    Code:
    su
    grant terminal emulator root access

Next type:
    Code:
    sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh
    The script should then run and work it's magic. After it's completed SuperSU should open up and prompt you to update the binaries. Update the "Normal" way and reboot afterwards.

And that's it! :good:
    Root LG G Pad 8.0 [LG v490] for Android 5.0.2 [Lollipop]

1) Download this APK https://goo.gl/v8R5CF
    2) On your Tablet go to Settings/Security and enable Unknown sources
    3) Install the apk on your Tablet
    4) Connect to Internet (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G)
    5) Run the app
    6) Press the Blue Root button
    attachment.php

7) Wait for rooting
    attachment.php

8) Somewhere between 50~60% maybe it will ask you to Install a Unwanted app (this is a cleaner app) you need to Allow install to continue Rooting Progress
    attachment.php

After that wait for app to install su binaries and when it finishes you will be Rooted and your SU Manager (Root Permissions) will be KingUser (don't delete it)

NOTE: This app will install a another app (MasterKing Cleaner) if you don't want it you can delete it!
    Flash KDZ Files (Stock ROMs) on your LG GPad 8.0 [LG v490]

1) Download this https://goo.gl/XpDn4V
    2) Extract the zip
    3) Download a KDZ File for your Tablet from the list HERE and move it to the folder with the extracted files from the zip
    4) Turn off your Tablet (If you haven't)
    5) Now with powered off tablet Hold Volume UP button and plugin USB cable from Windows PC to boot into Download Mode
    attachment.php

6) Now on your Windows PC run from extracted files the LGFlashTool2014.exe
    7) Select the KDZ file
    attachment.php

8) Ready to Flash the KDZ
    - Press Normal Flash if you want to upgrade and keep Files and Settings
    - Press CSE Flash if you want to Format entire device and make a Fresh Install of OS (This will fix any problem with the Previous OS)
    9) Press Start to start the flash
    attachment.php

10) It Will ask for country and Language. is not need to change the language is depending on the KDZ file but if you want change it
    11) It will open a New Window (LG Mobile Support Tool) and it will start analyzing your Tab
    12) If You receive the Error Connection to server failed press OK and wait. DON'T CLOSE THE WINDOW
    attachment.php

attachment.php

13) Now on your tablet you will see that the Flashing process has started wait to finish
    attachment.php

14) When your Tablet finish the Flash it will reboot and when it Boot successfully you can Exit the app on your Windows PC
    Root LG G Pad 8.0 [LG v490] for Android 4.4.2 [KitKat]

METHOD 1
    1) Download this https://goo.gl/j8TuS1
    2) Unzip the file
    3) On Your Tablet go to Settings/About Tablet/Software Info and click 7 times (quick) on Build number to enable Developer options
    4) On Your Tablet go to Developer Options and enable USB debugging
    5) Connect USB cable to Tablet and PC
    6) Scroll down notification bar and Tap on Media Device (MTP)
    7) Change it to PTP
    5) On your Windows PC run purpledrake_windows.bat
    and Follow the on-screen guides

METHOD 2
    1) Download this https://goo.gl/e3RQne
    2) Unzip the file
    3) Open cmd.exe
    4) Connect USB cable from PC to Tablet (PTP Media Device is Recommended)
    5) Run the command
    and check if the device is online
    6) Now if device is Online run this command
    adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
    7) Now you need to Turn off the Tablet and unplug the USB cable to boot on Download Mode
    8) To Boot to Download Mode you need to Hold Volume UP button and Connect the USB
    9) You will see Firmware Update screen now you need to find which COM is your Tab using
    10) Now back to Extracted files open ports.bat file
    11) See the Diag port (DIAG1) of your Tablet.
    12) Back On the Command Line now run the command
    Send_Command.exe \\.\COM4
    NOTE: On COM4 you need to enter you Tab DIAG COM you got from the step 11.
    13) Now root your Tab with this final command
    sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
    14) After finishing all them Reboot the Device
    (Keep pressing the Power Button for 10-15 seconds for Reboot from Download Mode)