MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Looks like I was left out of the 1.9.8 update cry....
Anyways it looks to be an codec update so I have to wait for the source to come out.

I don't have it yet, either. But I'm turning off auto update on the app for Google Play store, so I won't get it before new custom codecs are released here.

People who already have it can reinstall older version temporarily, if they wish.

Reactions: chrone

monesque

Sep 20, 2017
So, I'm a little confused. In the past, I always needed a custom codec in order to play the audio of some things. But I never had problem playing vob files before, even for no-sound video. So, some of update of MX apparently decided to stop doing that? I wonder what rationale there was for that? With the audio they cited IP issues.

--->Also, I notice VLC doesn't seem to have any issue with these things. I'm wondering at this point, what's the point....

Reactions: MatteoB92

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
That would be Dolby digital (ac3) the last patent expired.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Last edited:

LukeKiller

Mar 12, 2012
Brno
OK the official 1.9.8 update is up on XDA and Google Drive
The update wasn't worth much https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg/commit/e0b96fc375470c6a6f5228549a23ec536428463e ignoring all the tests the only meaningful change was file.c

Op, please update the link, version and date of update in first post. I downloaded old codecs and had to search for the right ones in the thread. And also thanks for the work. Came to this thread via Google and it links me to first page, so for many people it will be a problem.

Pinfeed

Aug 29, 2014
Lueneburg
No DTS anymore

EDIT:
After many installing and uninstalling and trying differnt type of codecs, MX Player restared (the first time, after different trys) after choosing the codec.
Now everything works fine. How I wrote, after some trys the first time, that MX Player restarted by itselfs.

Solved:
Since the last update, there is no way to play DTS on my mobile. Trying to install current custom codec and the codec apk. No DTS.
Trying to restore old MX Version and old Player version and everything works fine.
Any ideas?

Pinfeed

Last edited:

serpa4

May 2, 2010
So updated to 198 awhile back and AC3 stopped working. Couldn't find codex anywhere (didn't look on xda). Went to soooo many other players, rockplayer, vlc, and many others. They all sucked. Finally found XDA and the 198 codex! Thanks all, back to the good ol days with MX player pro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.