Check your Z1c's display manufacturer

What display manufacturer does your device use?

• JDI/JDC

Votes: 161 56.1%
  • AUO

Votes: 126 43.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Tobi@s

Nov 29, 2010
Bavaria
Good evening,

some guys at android-hilfe.de reported that their displays are bad and show 'blueish' shadows. They discovered that the Z1c is shipped with two different panels: Panel 1, the bad one: AUO and Panel 2 without issues: JDI

How to check: Install Terminal Emulator from Google Play open it and enter this commands:
Code:
cd /sys/devices/mdss_dsi_panel
cat panel_id

You should get something like this:
screenshot2014ubwx60fn79.png

Please tell me if you have any problems with your panel ;)

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
AUO here. Ordered from Sony store, came from Czech Republic. No complaints about brightness or viewing angles.

Hejnfelt

Apr 1, 2013
AUO here. Haven't noticed anything with the screen. How do I check for the blue issue?

Bought from EMT in Estonia

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-18-12-49-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-18-12-49-13.png
    110 KB · Views: 944

Darkimmortal

Sep 21, 2010
'Bluish shadows' is not anything I've heard mentioned regarding the AUO.

We've already established in another thread that both displays are almost identical in colour reproduction and contrast performance.

The only difference that I'm aware of is auo looks darker when viewed from an angle and is generally a slightly darker display overall (note I'm not saying bad sunlight performance or that darker=worse)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good evening,

some guys at android-hilfe.de reported that their displays are bad and show 'blueish' shadows. They discovered that the Z1c is shipped with two different panels: Panel 1, the bad one: AUO and Panel 2 without issues: JDI

How to check: Install Terminal Emulator from Google Play open it and enter this commands:
    Code:
    cd /sys/devices/mdss_dsi_panel
    cat panel_id

You should get something like this:
    screenshot2014ubwx60fn79.png

Please tell me if you have any problems with your panel ;)
    no need to install terminal emulator if you have a good file explorer. navigate to that location and open the file as text.

mine's jdi, bought from the uk.
    Can anybody tell me from the box (without opening the box and using the phone) how can we tell if it is JDI or AUO display?? Is it possible for some guys to upload a photo (to write also the kind of display he has) from the sticker outside the box, maybe we can find a difference.

Hi, i know almost a solution for this. Why ? This is my story from official xperia care community (vibration issue) ... :) Two different phones - two different issue's. But you must turn on the device. As far I'm concerned (I have checked) - one shop, one series, almost identical IMEI numbers, impossible to recognize by reading just numbers on the box.

Hi,

I also have such issue. This is my 2nd Xperia Z1c (previous one had been returned - screen crackling). The haptic feedback and vibration it self was doing great in the 1st phone. I'm currently waiting for response from local store's personnel about test results of sample z1c phone in their store. Generally I've done everything i could (hard switching off, factory reset, PC Companion repair function, different settings, safe mode, etc). Nothing worked.

I received advice to wait for 4.4 update and check it after. Then decide if it goes for a warranty repair / replace.

BTW. My 1st Z1c had the JDI display. Present one have AOU. I see significant difference. Mostly brightness and battery drain made by screen. It's dark but contrast and black reproduction is better.

I'm not satisfied with SONY's quality check of products after manufacturing.

And I apologize for my bad English. :smileyhappy: I'm not using any translator. I'm trying to do my best to improve it.

Best regards

EDIT:

Thanks to professional customer service of my store's personnel (and kindness), I received a replacement. It's amazing, because new Z1c haptic feedback works superb for now, and I have again the JDI Display. I repeat - I have no vibration issue now (firmware 114)

BTW: I was not wrong about the brightness - it's way much brighter than AOU. I'm able now to answer the question " How to recognize JDI display before buying the phone?" You must turn on the phone unfortunately (say tha u want check bad pixels for example ). Then you should apply the red Xperia theme. And now the point of this - AOU's unlock screen is much darker than wallpaper of this theme. JDI's unlock screen is nearly same brightness as wallpaper. Keep in mind to set android brightness in the middle and uncheck the autobrightess.

If you have questions about my experience with whole situation, just ask me. :smileyhappy:

unlock screen - that one with autumn leafs.
    JDI, 14W14, white, Germany

i'm on 4.4.4 rooted and i get panel_id permission denied . i checked the log on supersu there is a permission on the log some help please

You have to Terminal Emulator in settings / start command "su" enter for superuser