Stock Rom Issue

Search This thread
Nov 6, 2015
Cubot.net the company uses a custom version of SN writer that it's not available online anywhere because it's missing option menu to enable "tee" that's needed to to incert google_certificate so the rom can work properly that's B's but anyways here's the zip file they sent me maybe someone can make it work so cubot King Kong 3 that I'm about drill a hole threw it and show on YouTube just so nobody ever buys anything from China anymore https@//mega.nz/#F!2BMziCzJ!jJ5MpsIUhsgcDrfMvXnjpw

Nov 6, 2015
I finally figured it out SN WRITE CUSTOM PROGRAM IS IN THE OUTPUT FOLDER OF THE ZIP FOR CUBOT KING KONG 3 HERES THE LINK JUST REMOVE @<-- FROM mega.nz https@ to https:// and make sure your computer has the drivers installed from cubot.net for King Kong 3 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed https@://mega.nz/#F!2BMziCzJ!jJ5MpsIUhsgcDrfMvXnjpw

Nov 6, 2015
After applying this goog-key patch with cubot.net custom "SN WRITE" didn't fix the issue making calls so I can't make any calls at all and only sends text messages only and LTE DATA is very slow and I been using the same Sim card on it before and even tried the Sim card on another phone works good.
I thinking I'm done ever buying another Chinese third party brand and yes very soon if I'm not able to get this working properly here comes YouTube Cubot king Kong vs drill and flamethrower.

Reactions: hnboyvn

fango_vk

Sep 19, 2009
.. any news about making/receiving a call? .. same issue with cubot king kong 3, after flash stock rom first was "not verifiy" issue, I fixed that with write the google key, now still this annoyance with unable to connect to any mobile network (different sim tested) .. imei check was OK, phone works on wifi as well, sms recieved after someone calls me (missing call info)

thanks!

streetfixers

May 12, 2019
"Not Verify" Message

Hello Sir,
i've found a solution to your problem:
so Here's the step you should follow...
Step1 : install gravity box, that depends on your android version [Pie, Oreo, Marshmallow, Kitkat etc.]
Step2: install "Xposed installer" & enable gravity box in modules then reboot your phone.
Warning: this will brick your phone if you don't root your phone them properly ( you can use "Root Checker").
Step3: after you reboot your phone, open gravity box and then go to "Advance Tuning" & enable "Master Switch" then reboot your phone again.
Step4: Open gravity box again, Go to: "Advance tuning", "Frame work" and find "Config_add_tee_watermark_state"
press the "Override" option and then check the "Overridden value" that will turn the watermark off ("Not Verify") to False
Step5: Reboot your phone again....
"Congratulations, your phone is now working as normal"

Btw Here's a full proof: [/URL]https://drive.google.com/open?id=19MXFuMAxQQTv_aU5ua33SMdauy7akGmn[/URL]

Last edited:

MagdaMi

Mar 8, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Hi. I was having this same problem, I wrote email to support and they send me link to tool and google key to install. This way from email instruction was not working till I install it without checking on imei in tool. Just install it without imei in settings.

Here is the link I became in answer from Cubot support but for different model, Cubot Nova https://mega.nz/#!8F1UXYIa!XuMgWaAfWIHoOige6bu6Wdsi_TRv1A4Z_INcCdY6KTM

Last edited:

yuvaanraj

Jan 27, 2015
Durban
I have had/am having all above issues lol. V16 is actually the latest, Google search should bring it up. It fixes the reboot problem (I am posting from my cubot which rebooted every 5 seconds until yesterday I flashed v16 with the latest version of sp flash tool). IMEI can be fixed using the latest version of Maui which I just did this morning. This phone has so much potential and after it not working for over a month I am more than happy to contribute to further development.

I would rather avoid installing xposed as it breaks safetynet and I've preserved it so far by flashing magisk. I also have a working twrp recovery but haven't decrypted as yet because it requires a wipe.

Last edited:

yuvaanraj

Jan 27, 2015
Durban
Okay so xposed magisk I can deal with(disable and reboot to pass safetynet). Installed gravitybox and removed watermark. Anyone know of any other way to modify this watermark value?

yuvaanraj

Jan 27, 2015
Durban
I get occasional crashed on latest firmware (v16). Screen and sound majorly distort until i force reboot. Anyone seen this before? Flashed stock using SPFlashTool. Flashed twrp and magisk. Crash still happens occasionally.

Also, how can we get the Cubot King Kong 3 added as a device on XDA? I would contribute to the community in porting/fixing ROMs if there was a proper forum to do so on.

Fábio Concy

May 13, 2019
Estava com o mesmo problema, resolvi assim...
Atualizando o IMEI com Maui Meta(pode ficar em loop) e depois fazer upgrade com SP flash tool.

tbrid4206

Feb 14, 2020
As I've been having almost ALL these same problems and still get the random reboot, its like putting a band aid on a gsw. I'm thinking the "king kong vs. drill" is a legit option.

laiome

Mar 21, 2016
Cubot Power NOT VERIFY WATERMARK

I have the same red NOT VERIFY watermark problem non CUBOT POWER...any idea of how to fix this?
I probably need the .bin file...But where?
Please help!!!

Cubot.net the company uses a custom version of SN writer that it's not available online anywhere because it's missing option menu to enable "tee" that's needed to to incert google_certificate so the rom can work properly that's B's but anyways here's the zip file they sent me maybe someone can make it work so cubot King Kong 3 that I'm about drill a hole threw it and show on YouTube just so nobody ever buys anything from China anymore https@//mega.nz/#F!2BMziCzJ!jJ5MpsIUhsgcDrfMvXnjpw

elviselvis007

May 5, 2020
Cubot king kong 3 update problem

Your where correct I had no idea my hair was turning from white to green and yes cubot.net did reply back and said correctly Google key got formatted and I wouldn't know anything but they gave me instructions and files how to correct the issue thanks for your information because for days I couldn't figure this out and running around like chicken that just got decapitated.

Hi everyone!

Does anybody succeded in resolving this issue?
I also have these problems, not verify text and not being able to receive/make phone calls.
I contacted Cubot support and they replied to inject a google key they sent to me. I did with SN Writer Tool and the database file for the phone they sent but it didn't work.
After flashing the Rom, i corrected the IMEI changed issue with MAUI, but just only that, it couldn't be fixed the issue with the not verify text and phone calls.
I also tried installing Gravity Box with no success. I tried different version of gravity box, but all are crashing.

I'm thinking replacing the Nvram from a back-up from another working phone may resolve this problem.

Does anybody have a solution for this???

I replied to Mr. Zhang from Cubot suport, but still not any answer.

laiome

Mar 21, 2016
Yes...I fixed it in the end. I had to ask CUBOT support the .bin file (google key for cubot power) to then copy to the phone using special version of SN Writer which CUBOT has which is capable of fixing not only IMEI but also google certificate.
A similar version of SN Writer can be downloaded at this link: htps://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18624

Did you get this problem fixed?

kwbecker

Jun 11, 2020
Rename the .img file to .bin and follow the instruction in the previous post to install with the special version of SN writer.

Thank you for the file. Apparently this isn't the right one for the Cubot King Kong 3, which has the internal number 8091C. Would you have that file, too? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

I'm owning a Cubot King Kong 3 and I have following Problem:
    LQof286.png

dqA46xQ.png

hLMKdUW.png

It's the normal Stock Rom and as you see, the red "Not Verify" message in the right corner is active every time. expect, some other OVERLAY is in the front.
    I'm really helpless. My thoughts of what it could be: Android Rom itself, the Launcher (can't be becouse I installed nova), some google thing.
    I can't find a single thing about that in the internet. All I know: It's devinetly an Overlay. (Wich isn't shown in the "permission for overlaying"-settings)

Another Problem:

The Navigation Bar in Android 8.1

Who the heck need's the recent apps button? I want my menu-button back from Android 5-

What I tried so far (without success):
    Editing the Generic.kl in /system/usr/keylayout --> Changed "key 580 APP_SWITCH" to "key 580 MENU"
    Change Settings in Gravitybox [O]
    Tried SEVERAL key remapper/navigation-bar-editors/etc. (with and without needed root) --> All I got was a brick --> had to flash the Stock Rom again...
    Google added a key since Oero, your key is lost because of ROM flashing , this is caused a bug in earlier ROM version.
    Check your ROM version number please, the latest one should be V10_11212018.

I have sent you PM with the link to download tool and key files, because i m not able to publish link here.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

Regarding to the calling issue:
    What response you get when you calling someone?
    Dial *#06# check if your IMEI still there.
    What is your ROM version number?
    After applying this goog-key patch with cubot.net custom "SN WRITE" didn't fix the issue making calls so I can't make any calls at all and only sends text messages only and LTE DATA is very slow and I been using the same Sim card on it before and even tried the Sim card on another phone works good.
    I thinking I'm done ever buying another Chinese third party brand and yes very soon if I'm not able to get this working properly here comes YouTube Cubot king Kong vs drill and flamethrower.