[Q] Can't root v10f

Search This thread

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
Hi, I just flash my phone with FW v10f from v10a. It work fine with some issue..no wifi and screen rotation. I try rooting the device to install CWM to flash CM9 or ICS. I am not able to root with any method. Superoneclickv2.3.2, Superoneclickv2.3.3, DooMLoRD_v4_, Unlockroot, SU640_ROOT, Gingerbreak, Z4root, manual method with adb shell... nothing work. I tried with formatted sd card and without sd. It is on debugging mod. I can communicate with the phone via adb but it say "permission denied" on su command. All root's program recognize my phone but it always end with "no luck..failed"

There is another kdz firmware that can be rooted?

Im on Android 2.3.5
Kernel 2.6.35.11+
Build GRj90
Software LGSU640-00-V10f

compumasta

Jan 25, 2011
I think the most important part would be letting us know where it fails with the manual root for instance. I rooted that firmware yesterday with Doom's v4 after failed attempts with superoneclick, rootunlocker, and the manual method. I would recommend restarting your phone and pc if you havent tried to already. If all else fails, try a different computer or maybe just a different usb port.

Reactions: Mdeed

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
I get "permission denied" on all command i put in adb shell. Itried everything, with another pc in all usb port and no luck..

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
how much times have you tried in a succession ?
i had unbricked my phone after flashing ics leak and to root v10f, it took around 11 attempts !

i tried superoneclick 8 times and then i goot root via unlockroot in 2-3 attempts !

so its completely uncertain when you would get rooted !
you just need to try till you get rooted !

also i have attached a zip file, extract it and try to root with that !

good luck..

Attachments

• p930_root.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: Mdeed

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
I tried your files but it doesnt work. It keep saying me "permission denied" and "read only file system"

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
I think i 've just get it. I have superuser in app list. I cant understand why it can take x attemps to get root but i cant complaint....its works now!

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
when you connect you device to the pc, does it show in "adb devices" ?
i mean pls verify whether all drivers are installed properly !

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
Yes, it show "Androidnet sooner single adb interface". Now when i try to root i get "No such file or directory" on almost each line.

Mdeed

Jun 15, 2012
In manual root i get this:

adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/boomsh

rm failed for /data/local/tmp/boomsh, no such file or directory

adb shell ./data/local/zergRush

cannot copy boomsh : permission denied

Last edited:

normskis69

Jun 20, 2012

Thanks for the extra root option.

I had my LG Optimus SU640 (same as Nitro HD) rooted and running 2.3.5, and just updated firmware to Android v4.0.4 today on the LG website. I'm in Korea.

I have tried everything under the sun to root my updated OS but i'm not getting anywhere.

Is it not possible to root this phone with the updated Android 4.0.4 OS at the moment?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the most important part would be letting us know where it fails with the manual root for instance. I rooted that firmware yesterday with Doom's v4 after failed attempts with superoneclick, rootunlocker, and the manual method. I would recommend restarting your phone and pc if you havent tried to already. If all else fails, try a different computer or maybe just a different usb port.
    how much times have you tried in a succession ?
    i had unbricked my phone after flashing ics leak and to root v10f, it took around 11 attempts !

i tried superoneclick 8 times and then i goot root via unlockroot in 2-3 attempts !

so its completely uncertain when you would get rooted !
    you just need to try till you get rooted !

also i have attached a zip file, extract it and try to root with that !

good luck..