[10.01.09][Skins/Themes] SPB Mobile Shell Panel w. Color Background

Search This thread

QuadWord

Nov 5, 2008
hi all,

new "qa_layout.dat" for color background in spb mobile shell panel.
demo background for portrait (vp_bkg_now.dat) and landscape (vl_bkg_now.dat) mode included.

UPDATES:
10.01.09 - color background for submenus in landscape mode (new feature/bugfix).
08.01.09 - color background for clock and weather submenus added.
07.01.09 - color background for (nearly ;)) all menus.

note:
my "qa_layout.dat" - templates are using the seperator2.bmp (image) and seperator2_m.bmp (alpha) for color background images (instead of the grayscale-background class).

if you want to change your background: read the tutorials for the "non panel"-version of spb-mobile shell (Tutorial). and use my "qa_layout.dat" instead of the original version.

have fun,
- quadword

Files (Mirrors):
-----------------
chrome.zip - "qa_layouts.dat" and sample background

Attachments

• chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 3,127
  • chrome.zip
    858 KB · Views: 1,230
Last edited:

--anx--

Apr 22, 2008
Cosenza
Great!!! Maybe you're the first that have posted a mod for the SPB panel!!!
Soon you'll be two!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

tarnaman

Nov 28, 2008
i also made a new "qa_layout.dat" for color background in spb mobile shell panel.
also there is a demo background for portrait (vp_bkg_now.dat) and landscape (vl_bkg_now.dat) mode included. ^^

INSTALLATION:
just copy the 3 files from the .zip into your Xperia (\Programs\Spb Mobile Shell) and replace the existing files

UPDATES:
10.01.09 - color background for submenus in landscape mode

Files (Mirrors):
-----------------
winter1.zip

Attachments

• winter1.zip
    789.2 KB · Views: 856
Last edited:

QuadWord

Nov 5, 2008
UPDATE:
08.01.09 - color background for clock and weather submenus added.
(see original Post)

- QuadWord

@tarnam: fine! i think we should collect all the new backgrounds and skins in another post. just start one and upload your work.

chalid

Jan 18, 2008
Since TF3D doesn't support landscape and slows the device down too much - for my taste - I started customizing my SPB Mobile Shell Panel. Works great so far and can publish my Manila Skin in the next few days.

Zyphr

Jan 8, 2009
@tarnaman

Hello, please upload. It's interessting. Can U also explain me how you did it?

Reg. Zyphr (Newbie)

Last edited:

tarnaman

Nov 28, 2008
@tarnaman

Hello, please upload. It's interessting. Can U also explain me how you did it?

Reg. Zyphr (Newbie)

the mobile shell tutorial thread offers a lot of information. at the moment i just know how to change the main background. the background in the menus wont change for me... if anyone know how to change it let me know, i have some ideas :)
here is the link

and here are my two files, just replace with your files in spb mobile shell folder

Attachments

• winter.zip
    804 KB · Views: 353

Zyphr

Jan 8, 2009
@tarnaman

Thanks. I can confirm you that the background is also changed in the submenues on my mobile.

Reg
Zyphr

Last edited:

--anx--

Apr 22, 2008
Cosenza
Both works are absolutely good! I prefer winter one, but chrome it's ok too!!!
Anyway...I hope that anyone will try something more...in this weekend I'll try to test myself...eheheh...

QuadWord

Nov 5, 2008
the mobile shell tutorial thread offers a lot of information. at the moment i just know how to change the main background. the background in the menus wont change for me... if anyone know how to change it let me know, i have some ideas :)
here is the link

and here are my two files, just replace with your files in spb mobile shell folder

which menus do you mean ? did you use my updated "qa_layouts.dat" ? because in my first version i missed some menus. also i can provide some basic infos about customizing the menus.

i work on a new full skin (also new buttons an other elements). if the skin is ready i can provide new xml-templates and the source-psd files for the new skin.

i would write a short tutorial but i have not much time in the next few days. i hope i can provide an short-guide in a week or so.

- QuadWord

jcsxda

Nov 10, 2008
London
Thanks QuadWord for your excellent work :cool: -background works perfectly and looks great (although not all screens in landscape mode have the background -eg Programs etc).
Your file and link to the tutorial has allowed me (an absolute noob) to create my own easily -many thanks again!
Will post on the "Show off your X1 -Post your home screen" thread :D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3145320#post3145320

QuadWord

Nov 5, 2008
@jcsxda: thanx for your positive feedback.
i will look into the submenu issue while i am working on my new skin.

edit: seems to me the submenu backgrounds in the original steel theme are also missing in landscape mode ... can anyone confirm this (i.e. if you click tool, settings, multimedia, internet ect.) ?

edit2: it is a bug in the original skin (the "steel panel" is also missing in the landscape submenus).
i fixed it for the color version. chrome.zip is now updated.

have fun,
- quadword

Last edited:

jcsxda

Nov 10, 2008
London
Works perfectly -many thanks once again!
I'm wondering if there's a way to change the colour of the "glow"? (indication of unread email, and unread SMS, missed calls...)
It is light blue right now as per the original ...I can see glow.bmp and its glow_m.bmp in the .dat files but its not light blue so I'm guessing that changing this glow colour is not done via the glow.bmp?
Any ideas on this one?

QuadWord

Nov 5, 2008
Works perfectly -many thanks once again!
I'm wondering if there's a way to change the colour of the "glow"? (indication of unread email, and unread SMS, missed calls...)
It is light blue right now as per the original ...I can see glow.bmp and its glow_m.bmp in the .dat files but its not light blue so I'm guessing that changing this glow colour is not done via the glow.bmp?
Any ideas on this one?

nope ... the blue glow comes with the icon bitmaps.

if you click on the clock to get to the alarm screen you can see the glow directly between the alarm timers and the big clock. i guess this is the glow.bmp image.

- quadword

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
Fabulous people!! Is there any way for someone to make the landscape blue winter pic portrait aswell instead of the trees? Cheers