[Discussion] Android 8 Oreo

Search This thread

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Android Oreo 8.x Discussion

c1a1c002665a3e3d.jpg

So... Before one year, we were excited about getting "Nougat" and now we're talking about "Oreo" :) Isn't amazing?
I decided, again lol, to make a new thread about the new version of Android. I read the last few comments in nougat thread but I think will be more organized and clear if there is a new thread about it. For now, we only have one rom - Unofficial version of LineageOS but I have a good feeling about this. Soon, when everything becomes, one idea more stable, the rest will follow :fingers-crossed: . I will try to keep updated this thread with everything around Oreo :)

PS:
Currently, I'm completely stock so I didn't test any of the stuff below. As always, do a backup before you try anything.

#LongLiveM8

ROMs

*[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1
* [UNOFFICIAL] AOSCP 5.1.1
* **crDroid**
* XenonHD 8.0
* Resurrection Remix

HTC One M8 Dual SIM Support ROMs

*[UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1
* [UNOFFICIAL] AOSCP 5.1.1

UNOFFICIAL ROMs by @mihran_thalhath
All credits to *mihran_thalhath You can also check his AFH folder here HERE

*AOSiP
*GZOSP
* AICP 13.1
SystemUI MODs

*Xposed Framework
*HTC Sense Home for Oreo 8.0.0
*BLUE UI + PIXEL NAVBAR

ROOT
*SuperSU
*Magisk

Useful Apps
*Advanced Reboot [Root]
*Gravity Screen - On/Off
*[APP][5.0+] Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher with Google Now page working

HTC One M8 Telegram Group
Real-time discussion about HTC One M8. Feel free to join to talk about everything connected with the device. Also, you could test roms before to be posted here.
Google Play Store Telegram Channel with promotion : https://t.me/playstoredeal

MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED
Please refer to this thread:
Telegram Chat Channels - Going Forward

Notes:

I see google play and service not working? Why?
Flash gapps right away you flash the ROM. Then you shouldn't have any problems.

I have a problem with gapps. What should I flash?
Use ONLY pico or nano and you won't have any problems.

What about PiP (Picture in Picture)? How do I use it?

How to remove the annoying notification about running in background apps?

My system partition is 1GB instead of 3GB How to fix it?
Go to recovery TWRP - Wipe - Advanced Wipe - select System - Repair or Change File System -Repair.

After Oreo rom my M8 longer detects my sim card, What could be the problem?

Bugs you may meet in Oreo: Some users report that those things don't work, or may happen to you:

-Video recording ---> Works ONLY with Footej Camera
-Memory Card Bug
Each time restart phone it asks for setting up memory card which never goes away. The simple solution for this headache is to pause the notification for 2 hours by swiping notification.
PS:
Advice 1:
This may help CLICK
Advice 2:
Format your SD Card as Internal memory and you won't see any notification.

-Black screen while listening to music and trying to unlock the phone or simply when to try to unlock it
-HTC Duo Camera. Don't ask about this feature.It doesn't work on any LineageOS/AOSP based rom. Stock rom and GPE only.

PS:
Make a backup before you try anything.Need to be on the last version of the firmware (Marshmallow), and use the last version of twrp recovery - 3.2.1.0 to avoid any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterdex

Apr 16, 2011
When I bought this phone I knew perfectly well about spending too much money but today after more than 3 years I continue to be convinced I have spent my money well. In part I have this to this great community and to these wonderful developers .... welcome Oreo.

Inviato dal mio m8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: JaffaTB

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Last night I tested LOS 15. I can't belive how fast is it and smooth. It's even faster than Nougat. I even was wondering to try to stay with it xD But then random reboots start happening so ... I guess we will wait a litte bit xD Anyway my point was it's look very promising and its very good for alpha .

M

maultasche

I hope you got logs of those random reboots. I was using it for three days and didn't suffer from any reboot

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I wanted to try oreo, but I'm a bit worried about system partition resize.
https://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-htc-one-m8-t3669070/page2 - posts #11 to #13

So I wanted to ask - If I get bored of oreo then I have to just flash my current rom(ice 8.2.2.) and then restore the nandroid backup or else restore will fail?

In TWRP go to WIPE then advance, select only SYSTEM then select repair or change file system menu. In this menu select resize partition, swipe to resize. Completed, main menu reboot - recovery

Your system partition back to normal .. you can restore your backup or install ROM

You also can do this right after you installed Oreo & gapps before you reboot. Later once you get bored, no need to repeat the process, simply restore backup or install other ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: Phalangioides

msjulian750

Jun 3, 2017
Hello guys, what about sound mod? I tried dolby atmos y viperatmos but it doesnt work in oreo rom . Also, I cant instal footej camera for recorder video.

SlimPickens89

Sep 5, 2017
As of now there's no audio mods that I've found to be compatible with LOS 15. I've tried all forms of V4Android, V4Arise, Deuteronomy, Ainur, Magnum Opus, HK, LITERALLY anything and everything I can find has been flashed trying to find a solution for us. Spent over 24 hours flashing mods to get bootloops or FC's. LOS 15 audio quality is good but I want the best possible sound as I listen to music on different devices "daily". I'll update here when I find something compatible or the normal mods are updated. If anyone knows of something "working" it would be great it you shared. Thanks

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
As of now there's no audio mods that I've found to be compatible with LOS 15. I've tried all forms of V4Android, V4Arise, Deuteronomy, Ainur, Magnum Opus, HK, LITERALLY anything and everything I can find has been flashed trying to find a solution for us. Spent over 24 hours flashing mods to get bootloops or FC's. LOS 15 audio quality is good but I want the best possible sound as I listen to music on different devices "daily". I'll update here when I find something compatible or the normal mods are updated. If anyone knows of something "working" it would be great it you shared. Thanks

I don't think any audio mod will work for now until devices where the audio mod are taken from are updated/released with Oreo.

Any equalizer app in Play Store won't work too, complaining no AudioFX to work with.

A friend with N6P on stock Oreo has same problem, so it is not only M8 issue.

devNock

Oct 14, 2010

Did you try Ainur MK 2 beta 3 ?

Top Liked Posts