[APP] Heart Rate OS for Android Wear with Google Fit sync

Search This thread

jimmod

Nov 9, 2010
Hi all,

I just got my Moto 360 last month and was working on this app since I would love to track my heart rate all the time :cool:

Download (Google Play)

Description
Got smart-watch?
It'll be a waste if it's not periodically check your heart rate

Heart Rate OS is a must have tool for android wearable smart-watch owner.
Everyone will curious about his/her heart rate across the day:
- How much is my highest/lowest heart rate?
- When was my highest/lowest heart rate occurred?
- Is it having a pattern?
- How my heart rate compared with my step history
- Etc

And what cool is all your heart rate data will be sync to your Google Fit account combined with other Google Fit data.

Heart Rate OS is still beta and new feature will keep coming.
- Setting hear rate minimum & maximum limit
- Notification when below minimum or above maximum
- Display step chart*
- More options
- Etc

Common FAQ
1. What kind of smart-watch do I need?
-> HROS will only work with Android wearable watch: Moto 360, LG G Watch R and other android wear watch with heart rate sensor. HROS does not work on Samsung Gear and smart watches using other operating systems. Tizen devices as Gear-Fit and Gear II are not supported. Please do not give bad rating because of it.
2. My automatic heart rate check is not working?
-> If you tried manual checking working, automatic hear rate check should be work. Please try to tighten your band and select more frequent checking.
3. What should I do if I have question/crash?
-> Write me email from menu "Send feedback" or go to HROS xda forum for discussion (http://xdaforums.com/android-wear/general/app-heart-rate-os-android-wear-google-t3031964)

Screenshot

XDA:DevDB Information
Heart Rate OS for Android Wear, Device Specific App for the Android Wear

Contributors
jimmod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-16
Last Updated 2015-02-20

Last edited:

jimmod

Nov 9, 2010
Ignore my previous post. Looking to see how it affects battery life. But good idea.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Any feedback will be great :)

Nice app, I was looking for an app like this but it seems that is not working on my LG G watch R. I've sent you some crash reports

Not sure which email from you. But several user were using LG G watch R and they said HROS is able to get the heart rate properly.
Do you only see -1 result? when "check heart rate now"

Reactions: veeman
Any feedback will be great :)

Not sure which email from you. But several user were using LG G watch R and they said HROS is able to get the heart rate properly.
Do you only see -1 result? when "check heart rate now"
After some FC I get it working, it seems that Automatic check works too! Before it was stuck on -1.
I'll keep testing and report back!

Reactions: veeman

TheKaser

Dec 2, 2009
Brussels
It would be great to have different intervals, like 1 minute or even continuous, it would be very handy for heart monitoring during workouts. I do a lot of hiit and knowing heart rate in real time is very useful

Sent from my LG-F460S

Reactions: luiki
It would be great to have different intervals, like 1 minute or even continuous, it would be very handy for heart monitoring during workouts. I do a lot of hiit and knowing heart rate in real time is very useful

Sent from my LG-F460S
+1
It would be usefull to be able to set a "sleeping time", like don't check the heart rate from 1:00 to 8:00 (I usually sleep without my watch, so is pointless check the heart rate at night)

danividalg

Dec 23, 2010

Sent from my LG-F460S

+1
I'm having a problem: The "Check heart rate now" was changed to "Heart Rate Checking In Progress" when I click on it the first time and from then is at this state.

Two new feature requests:
- In the history, it could be good to be able to select more than Last 2 days. It could be useful to select a date range or at least having the options "4 Days", "1 Week", "2 Week", "1 Month"
- In my LG G Watch R the measurement last for a long time. ¿Is it normal?. It could be useful to be able to cancel the measurement or force it to measure at any desired time.

Thanks and best regards :)

jimmod

Nov 9, 2010
New version have been uploaded to Google Play, in couple hours it will be ready for update :)
- Add setting pages
- Add exclude option
- Add more chart & interval options for Pro user

bracken21

Sep 20, 2006
detecting a heart rate when watch off.

Love this app, it's what I was looking for But I now doubt my hear rate history after yesterday.
my watch battery died around 11.45am yesterday. I didn't get home until 7 so that's when I put it on charge.

I have not wore the watch since I put it on charge last night but heart rate os has detected a varying heart rate every 30 mins since the battery died yesterday until now ?.. usually if I have not wore my watch, I can tell as heart rate os shows blank for the hours it's been charging.

please help.

David.

stbxxl

Apr 26, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just found this app over the weekend. It is very promising. There's one feature I'd like to see: The ability to toggle on/off continuous heart rate checks from the Android Wear device itself.

Narsil

Mar 24, 2008
Lausanne
Look to be almost exactly what I was looking for, great ! Let's check battery usage for a few days ...

Three missing features (my point of view) :
- export values (some csv export would be fine)
- backup (and of course restore) values (I do flash ROM frequently ...)
- delete a value (Heart Rate OS just launched a measure when my watch was on the dock -> I now have a point at 196 bpm on my chart !)

DIego

jimmod

Nov 9, 2010
I just upload new update to Play store, should be available in couple hours.
Version 0.3:
- Show steps chart (Pro)
- New chart colors
- Limit notification
- Heart check from watch app
- Bug fixes

Love this app, it's what I was looking for But I now doubt my hear rate history after yesterday.
my watch battery died around 11.45am yesterday. I didn't get home until 7 so that's when I put it on charge.

I have not wore the watch since I put it on charge last night but heart rate os has detected a varying heart rate every 30 mins since the battery died yesterday until now ?.. usually if I have not wore my watch, I can tell as heart rate os shows blank for the hours it's been charging.

please help.

David.

Currently there's no way to detect if the watch is charged and somehow the heart rate sensor give response (high result) when charged so the app have no way to tell the result is incorrect.
This can be handle with using exclude feature, and later the delete feature requested by Narsil below

Just found this app over the weekend. It is very promising. There's one feature I'd like to see: The ability to toggle on/off continuous heart rate checks from the Android Wear device itself.

Look to be almost exactly what I was looking for, great ! Let's check battery usage for a few days ...

Three missing features (my point of view) :
- export values (some csv export would be fine)
- backup (and of course restore) values (I do flash ROM frequently ...)
- delete a value (Heart Rate OS just launched a measure when my watch was on the dock -> I now have a point at 196 bpm on my chart !)

DIego

Thank you for the ideas. Noted.
For backup is not needed because the values is stored in Google Fit server, as long you using same google account it will be restored.
App config will be reset, but currently not much app config.

beefalo

Jul 9, 2006
Love it!

Just wanted to say that this is exactly what I was looking for for my LG G Watch R. Nice work! Please keep it up.

I just upload new update to Play store, should be available in couple hours.
Version 0.3:
- Show steps chart (Pro)
- New chart colors
- Limit notification
- Heart check from watch app
- Bug fixes

Currently there's no way to detect if the watch is charged and somehow the heart rate sensor give response (high result) when charged so the app have no way to tell the result is incorrect.
This can be handle with using exclude feature, and later the delete feature requested by Narsil below

Thank you for the ideas. Noted.
For backup is not needed because the values is stored in Google Fit server, as long you using same google account it will be restored.
App config will be reset, but currently not much app config.

Klaus88

Sep 24, 2012
How does it behave with continuous workout mode? I mean, does it show solid and consistent values without skyrocketing or getting underground? Because still I don't understand if the problem with these smartwatches is connected to bad sensors or bad app which cannot read correctly the values.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I just got my Moto 360 last month and was working on this app since I would love to track my heart rate all the time :cool:

Download (Google Play)

Description
    Got smart-watch?
    It'll be a waste if it's not periodically check your heart rate

Heart Rate OS is a must have tool for android wearable smart-watch owner.
    Everyone will curious about his/her heart rate across the day:
    - How much is my highest/lowest heart rate?
    - When was my highest/lowest heart rate occurred?
    - Is it having a pattern?
    - How my heart rate compared with my step history
    - Etc

And what cool is all your heart rate data will be sync to your Google Fit account combined with other Google Fit data.

Heart Rate OS is still beta and new feature will keep coming.
    - Setting hear rate minimum & maximum limit
    - Notification when below minimum or above maximum
    - Display step chart*
    - More options
    - Etc

Common FAQ
    1. What kind of smart-watch do I need?
    -> HROS will only work with Android wearable watch: Moto 360, LG G Watch R and other android wear watch with heart rate sensor. HROS does not work on Samsung Gear and smart watches using other operating systems. Tizen devices as Gear-Fit and Gear II are not supported. Please do not give bad rating because of it.
    2. My automatic heart rate check is not working?
    -> If you tried manual checking working, automatic hear rate check should be work. Please try to tighten your band and select more frequent checking.
    3. What should I do if I have question/crash?
    -> Write me email from menu "Send feedback" or go to HROS xda forum for discussion (http://xdaforums.com/android-wear/general/app-heart-rate-os-android-wear-google-t3031964)

Screenshot

XDA:DevDB Information
    Heart Rate OS for Android Wear, Device Specific App for the Android Wear

Contributors
    jimmod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-16
    Last Updated 2015-02-20
    Didn't know until now that this app was the work of someone on XDA.
    Going to buy the pro key to support someone from the community.
    Thank you for all the support :)

I've publish the new HROS on new account.
    You can download it here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwork.wearable.heartratesync2

It's gonna be tough to start all over again, please give good comment & rating if you love the app :angel:

Old HROS Pro Key will still work, but if you lost it you need to purchase the new HROS2 key (send me both order email to refund one of it)

Hi jimmod - I know you're working on this and am hoping it won't be a major hassle for you. I know I'd be interested in status updates as the progress continues (and you have time) just to know where things stand and get an insight into what you're up against.

Best of luck and by the by, love this app.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

I paid for the app and now after formatting my phone I'm unable to re download it because it's not on the google play store. Any idea when it will be back? :confused:

Hey.

Yeah I have the same problem with the Fit sync. I have no history.
    Is there a way to see my heartrate in the browser too? I did not find the tab on the google fit page

People the author of the app wrote that his play store account has been suspended by Google. The author also mentioned that by the suspension of his account, the app does not have the permission to use the Google Fit API.
    So this means that the app cannot be used anymore to sync heart rate data with Google Fit.

is it going to be fixed some time soon?
    People the author of the app wrote that his play store account has been suspended by Google. The author also mentioned that by the suspension of his account, the app does not have the permission to use the Google Fit API.
    So this means that the app cannot be used anymore to sync heart rate data with Google Fit.