[ROM][I9100][OFFICIAL][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

xda helios

Feb 12, 2013
Hello!
Upon installing the LOS 14.1, I noticed that i have about 8.68GB for system! I know that the problem of the partitions size is already discussed earlier, but I must confess that I did nou usderstand if there is a solution for this, or if my problem resulted from some mistake I performed during the installation.
Can someone give me some directions on this?
Thanks in advance.

Nobby1960

Jun 3, 2016
Freiburg
Two times I lost the complete data from the infernal SD, even without emulated storage. I'm not able (or to stupid) to run this build with emulated storage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Labs

BenjyTec

Jun 8, 2015
Hello!
Upon installing the LOS 14.1, I noticed that i have about 8.68GB for system! I know that the problem of the partitions size is already discussed earlier, but I must confess that I did nou usderstand if there is a solution for this, or if my problem resulted from some mistake I performed during the installation.
Thanks in advance.
As far as I know the storage statistics in settings are broken, they display rubbish... Has already been mentioned before.

ale5000

Dec 24, 2013
i9100
Hello!
Thanks in advance.
I don't think there is a solution currently.

JuozasGet

Nov 12, 2013
Unable to install, stuck on bootscreen

Hi. I am trying to upgrade my i9100 from stock android to LineageOS 14.1

I have rooted the phone, copied g-apps and lineageOS zip to phone, installed CWM 6 recovery (I was unable to install TWRP). At this point the phone would not boot to android stock, but i could acces CWM recovery. So i tried flashiing LineageOS zip from CWM, but i got stuck at "patching system image unconditionally". Can you guys help me out fixing this and explain what might went wrong?

Thank you very much.

bielie

Jan 4, 2017
Jakarta
Hi. I am trying to upgrade my i9100 from stock android to LineageOS 14.1

I have rooted the phone, copied g-apps and lineageOS zip to phone, installed CWM 6 recovery (I was unable to install TWRP). At this point the phone would not boot to android stock, but i could acces CWM recovery. So i tried flashiing LineageOS zip from CWM, but i got stuck at "patching system image unconditionally". Can you guys help me out fixing this and explain what might went wrong?

Thank you very much.

Hi Juozas
You should read this
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/development-derivatives/guide-want-to-update-to-cm13-read-t3313978

Sercan Ali

Jun 12, 2014
Does Lineage OS updater work? I am on 22 02 build and cannot update it via updater...Should we flash it manually?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

kraehetest

Jan 26, 2009
Erfurt
Two times I lost the complete data from the infernal SD, even without emulated storage. I'm not able (or to stupid) to run this build with emulated storage.

If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os) I’m lazy, so I created a flashable zip file with the changed storage.xml.
Yesterday i update from Feb. 22 to Feb. 26, and everything is running fine.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I have problems with the latest build 02/26 and emulated storage. The installation works fine, I can setup the ROM. But it deletes all data from my internal SD card. If I copy the lost data from PC on the internal storage there is a message: Not enough memory - strange.
If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os)

Reactions: Nobby1960

suapoc

Feb 23, 2017
Thuringia
If you are on emulated storage, you must change the storage.xml again. (Every time you update lineage os)
If i understood lanchons instructions right.... everything should be fine after a ROM updade as long as you don't wipe data in the process as this it the place where the storage.xml is located. So this shouldn't be the issue

Last edited:

Boolian

May 29, 2015
Glasgow
Does Lineage OS updater work? I am on 22 02 build and cannot update it via updater...Should we flash it manually?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
22nd build does not update via updater but latest 26th nightly does - I'd recommend that instead.
But If you really must, then install 22nd manually from download location:
/Data/data/org.lineageos.updater/app_updates
You will need to mount data partition within Twrp to do so.
(Or move it elsewhere first)

suapoc

Feb 23, 2017
Thuringia
I have an emu-compatible recovery. But I have not yet dared. Therefore, I have always changed the storage.xml.Can someone confirm that the update works to 100% with an emu-compatible recovery.
(At Nobby1960 it does not seem to have worked.)

I am not sure if everything works...
I updated via the Lineage OS updater on the phone and everything seemed to work fine.
However i just looked in the Device Storage menue it shows that my 8mb partition is mounted as sdcard0... on the other hand storage/emulated/0 is still present and the apps still find their data.

My storage XML also was edited either while i updated or after i switched to a larger external SD card...
I am not sure right now if it's broken.... or if they just changed the way it's displayed.

edit: everything seems to work fine.

Last edited:

BrightCGN

Jun 9, 2015
Köln
Hello,

I'm new to this rom.
I've installed a fresh lineage-14.1-20170226-nightly-i9100-signed.zip.
Also installed SuperSU v2.79 SR3.

But I got no ROOT access.

Did i make something wrong?

Pier_89

Sep 19, 2015
Is it possibile to select as internal storage an external SD card in LineageOS 14.1 for our device?
Are there issues doing that in this official rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the few users happy with LOS 14.1 on their S2 but looking for newer versions with some patches should look at DivestOS: https://divestos.org/pages/devices#device-i9100
    It is a one-man project but very impressive, with regular updates (still in 2024) for many devices, including the 14.1 builds for the S2.

among others, the author reply on this topic: https://forum.f-droid.org/t/divesto...port-with-enhanced-privacy-and-security/10105
    Code:
    /*
    ** Your warranty is now void.
    ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    **/

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    Root is not included by default on LineageOS 14.1. You need to install an add-on via recovery. You only need to install this once. You can download the SU add-on here
    After installation go to Settings>Developer Options>Root access and set to Apps only or Apps and ADB.

LineageOS comes with LineageOS Recovery by default, if you don't like it (like me ;)) you can flash alternative recoveries using IsoRec. You really need 1GB /system partition. The smallest build-configuration is larger than 512mb. You can use ODIN, but you can also use Lanchon's REPIT.

If you're interested in BLN, check this thread for a complete support of this feature.
    If you're interested to go to emulated-storage, check this thread.

Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/
    Changelog: https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1/i9100

LineageOS official nightly builds
    https://download.lineageos.org/i9100

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    rINanDO, lysergic acid, serenitys
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-13
    Last Updated 2017-04-20
    [i9100] Useful fixes for LineageOS 14.1 [7.1.2]

[i9100] Useful fixes for LineageOS 14.1 [7.1.2]
    I am very glad that you are here!
    It may be helpful to you:
    Scripts moved here ...
    Hi all,

:D I'm just dropping an image and a link :D
    Click here!
    i9100_-_first_boot.jpg
    Hi there you all diehard S2 users,

As a few of you all users know, last couple months I'm working and testing PegasusQ-governor with a new PowerHAL. I'm planning to make this the default governor instead of on-demand to get same performance and better battery life. I resolved the issue PegasusQ with the 150Mhz fix of zeitferne so it is stable to use.

What does the new PowerHAL?
    Currently the PowerHAL does this:
    • Powersave : conservative governor
    • Balanced: On-demand governor
    • Performance: performance governor

The new PowerHAL supports PegasusQ governor by tweaking its settings (like its big brother i9300 does):
    • Powersave : PegasusQ freq limited to 600Mhz
    • Balanced: PegasusQ freq standard profile
    • Performance: PegasusQ fixed freq 1200Mhz (still drops to 800Mhz when CPU is getting hot. This is by-design and not managed by governor)
    Also we will have PegasusQ boosting:
    • Frequency will be boosted for 2 secs when an app launches
    • Frequency will be shortly boosted when interacting with the device for more responsiveness
    • Less aggressive profile when the display is turned off to save battery (using max 1 cpu max 600Mhz in PowerSave)

I'm planning to submit the following commits in next weekly, but I want to notify you all first about these changes:
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/168813/
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/168815/

What I like to know is if PegasusQ is really improving battery and/or performance when we set it to default governor.
    It must be set to default governor (at boot) because of the permissions which needs to be set at boottime.
    Otherwise the PowerHAL doesn't have permissions to tweak PegasusQ and we miss all the nice features.
    When the experience with PegasusQ is poor, I will revert the commits so we switch back to on-demand.

• For those who wants to test PegasusQ + new PowerHAL right now, download my unofficial build here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195918750
    • For those who wants to test performance with Official build: Keep track of your battery life until next weekly and compare after you updated officially
    • For those who don't want take any risk with PegasusQ until tested: Don't update your phone at least 2 weeks

In my case I got about 10% more battery life and PowerSave now actually saves power. However Antutu Benchmark maxed out at about 18100 (instead of 19500 with ondemand).
    I hope this will be the also the case on your devices.
    @the.gangster: I think it can just put LineageOS recovery two times, and since it is an option it can be disabled by the user.
    And maybe it can be extended to auto-flash it when the phone come from a not-IsoRec kernel but it is just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

@rINanDO
    They have removed us: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/161752/
    I hope someone fix sepolicies before the next nightly build raid.
    It is already fixed. The faulty commit is reverted and I requested to add our device again. https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/162099/