[ROM][7.0.0_r1] Decrypted+Debloated AOSP Nougat Build

Search This thread

frap129

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2013
Hey XDA!

This is just a quick build of AOSP Nougat that I though I should upload and share. It's just pure AOSP with a modified fstab and a bunch of the useless apps removed. While it does boot, the main problem is that there aren't any gapps available, so there is little functionality.

Instructions:
1. Flash vendor.img
2. Flash ROM zip
3. Boot up

Downloads:
Unofficial vendor.img: http://oceighty.co/ Created and uploaded by @xanaxdroid
ROM zip: https://basketbuild.com/ Build and uploaded by me.

DISCLAIMERS:
I'm not responsible for any mishaps you have.
This is simply a courtesy upload, do not expect updates.
The vendor.img was pulled from the OTA and is not an official factory image.

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
The latest TWRP version functions with Android N, it now correctly decrypts the phone (yes, I'm aware this ROM is pre-decrypted). You can flash SuperSU through that and then download most of the needed GApps from APKMirror, I know Android N preview GApps were uploaded there.

whojabacod6

Apr 8, 2010
Lol, this is why I wish rooting wasn't just a click away. I miss the old days where you actually had to know what you were doing to root the damn thing like actually being familiar with adb I doubt half the people that root haven't used shell period. Point being that the people that did it knew the ins and outs of what they were doing and there wasnt all this clutter. people used to actually do the time to research and educate themselves on what was going on now it's all entitlement give me give me i don't understand oh blah blah won't work fix it for me anyway this isn't helpful or constructive please delete goodnight

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I

Iceburn1

That was fast, OP your pic looks alot like this dude.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160824-064802.jpg
    Screenshot_20160824-064802.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 3,249

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
Hm okay I see, thanks.

Can I encrypt it again if I want to?
Also I thought the Source of Android N is not released yet (delevopers.google.com) so where is this source from exactly?

.. Okay I just looked it up. So is there a difference between this one and the official OTA update? I really want to flash another ROM because my Dirty Unicorn is just a mess at the moment.

roan.util

Oct 12, 2012
Louisiana
How'd you even build this? I synced r1 and tried a build last night and it wouldn't build (for the 6p). The website doesn't show 6p as included in r1 yet

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you for the answer.
Can someone confirm that flashing the lastest SuperSU beta works? http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

So basically flashing this ROM + Vendor + ARM64 GApps + SuperSU = Android N, decrypted, rooted, with gapps?
Not really, no. The ROM isn't technically decrypted at all. It just doesn't force encryption. So if you were encrypted prior to flashing you would still be encrypted. The only way to decrypt is to format userdata. The advantage of a ROM not forcing encryption (or being incorrectly labelled as decrypted in this case) is that if you were previously decrypted the kernel won't encrypt your storage on the first boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA!

This is just a quick build of AOSP Nougat that I though I should upload and share. It's just pure AOSP with a modified fstab and a bunch of the useless apps removed. While it does boot, the main problem is that there aren't any gapps available, so there is little functionality.

Instructions:
    1. Flash vendor.img
    2. Flash ROM zip
    3. Boot up

Downloads:
    Unofficial vendor.img: http://oceighty.co/ Created and uploaded by @xanaxdroid
    ROM zip: https://basketbuild.com/ Build and uploaded by me.

DISCLAIMERS:
    I'm not responsible for any mishaps you have.
    This is simply a courtesy upload, do not expect updates.
    The vendor.img was pulled from the OTA and is not an official factory image.
    Lol, this is why I wish rooting wasn't just a click away. I miss the old days where you actually had to know what you were doing to root the damn thing like actually being familiar with adb I doubt half the people that root haven't used shell period. Point being that the people that did it knew the ins and outs of what they were doing and there wasnt all this clutter. people used to actually do the time to research and educate themselves on what was going on now it's all entitlement give me give me i don't understand oh blah blah won't work fix it for me anyway this isn't helpful or constructive please delete goodnight

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Opengapps.org should have 7.0 gapps very shortly. The August 24th build for arm has 7.0, but 8/24 hasn't built for arm64 yet.

ARM64 builds for 7.0 are now available for flashing. :)
    Thank you for the answer.
    Can someone confirm that flashing the lastest SuperSU beta works? http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

So basically flashing this ROM + Vendor + ARM64 GApps + SuperSU = Android N, decrypted, rooted, with gapps?
    Not really, no. The ROM isn't technically decrypted at all. It just doesn't force encryption. So if you were encrypted prior to flashing you would still be encrypted. The only way to decrypt is to format userdata. The advantage of a ROM not forcing encryption (or being incorrectly labelled as decrypted in this case) is that if you were previously decrypted the kernel won't encrypt your storage on the first boot.
    you guys need to read the OP and stop asking senseless questions

"It's just pure AOSP with a modified fstab and a bunch of the useless apps removed"