[Q] htc evo 3d (gsm, hboot 1.49.0018) unlock bootloader without htc dev?

Search This thread

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
Hello, is it possible to unlock my bootloader without using the htc dev method? This because i don't want to lose my warranty! I know that after unlocking my bootloader i will need a different bootloader to root my device, this is no problem for me.so is there a possibility to unlock my bootloader without htcdev.com? My hboot and type of device can be found at the title of this thread.kind regards, a proud htc evo 3d owner( i have the device for two weeks now)!

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
thank you

Thank you for your reply! You have also vodafone, i think? Because of the hboot and the link you send me.thanks vodafone, for making it hard to root my device! I really won't use the htc method because i want to keep my warranty!

Veevoh

Mar 5, 2012
Newcastle
My phone is unbranded.

I was a little uncertain as to whether to root on the HTC Method but I just took the plunge. For me the ability to root surpassed the usefulness of the warranty.

sh080

Mar 15, 2012
Veevoh, how did you root your phone? I have an unbranded HTC EVO 3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0018 with unlocked bootloader via HTC Method, but i just can't find a way to root. Did you downgrade to HBOOT 1.49.0007?

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Veevoh, how did you root your phone? I have an unbranded HTC EVO 3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0018 with unlocked bootloader via HTC Method, but i just can't find a way to root. Did you downgrade to HBOOT 1.49.0007?

If your already unlocked via htc method then just flash a recovery, make a nandroid, and then flash a Rom. Take a look at the gsm development thread and spend a few hours reading to give you a better understanding of what the risk's and benefits are of rooting. Also as I previously mentioned if your unlocked and s-off and your on a stock Rom after you flash your recovery then just to gain root you can flash the Su.zip and then hit up the market and download busybox and you will have root on your stock Rom. I'd highly recommend making a nandroid backup as soon as you get your recovery on your device. Then make a copy of it and keep it on your pc just so you always have a stock backup to revert to and a copy of it.

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
""Shooter on Deck""

Reactions: sh080

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
No need for HTC unlock you.can downgrade you Rom with the old Rom version that comes with old hboot then use revaluation to s-off. I will post link to guide I used later.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
No need for HTC unlock you.can downgrade you Rom with the old Rom version that comes with old hboot then use revaluation to s-off. I will post link to guide I used later.

you sure?

I have 1.49.0018 with cid 001 unbranded uk model01.. i don't have to htc unlock to flash recovery and roms ?

this sounds the ticket, to keep warranty

Last edited:

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
Reactions: meangreenie

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
I had the same version follow this guide and you can also reverse it so yes you keep warranty.

http://appcounter.blogspot.com/2012/02/installing-custom-rom-for-htc-evo-3d.html

I did not make this guide so thanks the maker.

cool, looks like i got lucky with my asda phone.

just for reference? , to get back to how the phone came , i just run the fastboot s-on command and then run the latest firmware update ruu and that should return me to hboot 1.49.0018 s-on locked? :)

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)

just for reference? , to get back to how the phone came , i just run the fastboot s-on command and then run the latest firmware update ruu and that should return me to hboot 1.49.0018 s-on locked? :)

Flash the stock RUU then go into bootloader and enter command fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 and you will be s-on again.

Note i have not tested the above command as dont want to start all over again but it should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: meangreenie

geordie 34

Nov 18, 2008
Best way for me was
1. Root using htcsupertool
2. Then run ruu then root again
3. This turns your bootloader to .007
4. Then use I/O rev to s-off and install clockwork
5. Install your Rom

6. If you want to back to stock
7. Re run ruu takes you back to stock.
8. Then take the OTA updates takes you back to .018
7. Check forum how to s-on
This method prevents the RELOCKED bootloader just says locked
Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
Best way for me was
1. Root using htcsupertool
2. Then run ruu then root again
3. This turns your bootloader to .007
4. Then use I/O rev to s-off and install clockwork
5. Install your Rom

6. If you want to back to stock
7. Re run ruu takes you back to stock.
8. Then take the OTA updates takes you back to .018
7. Check forum how to s-on
This method prevents the RELOCKED bootloader just says locked
Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Premium App

That's basically what I dead do but you don't need to root first you can just downgrade.

graphtiger

Dec 10, 2010
I just flashed a ruu and it downgrade my 3vo from .018 to .007. So I think you don't need to root the phone before.

ronilzizou

Mar 18, 2011
I just flashed a ruu and it downgrade my 3vo from .018 to .007. So I think you don't need to root the phone before.

Nah you dont. After downgrading to .007 i just used revolutionary to gain s-off and flash the recovery. After that you can flash a superuser zip and you'll have root.

So glad i did this, feels good :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your already unlocked via htc method then just flash a recovery, make a nandroid, and then flash a Rom. Take a look at the gsm development thread and spend a few hours reading to give you a better understanding of what the risk's and benefits are of rooting. Also as I previously mentioned if your unlocked and s-off and your on a stock Rom after you flash your recovery then just to gain root you can flash the Su.zip and then hit up the market and download busybox and you will have root on your stock Rom. I'd highly recommend making a nandroid backup as soon as you get your recovery on your device. Then make a copy of it and keep it on your pc just so you always have a stock backup to revert to and a copy of it.

#Root-Hack\Mod*Always_
    ""Shooter on Deck""
    you sure?

I have 1.49.0018 with cid 001 unbranded uk model01.. i don't have to htc unlock to flash recovery and roms ?

this sounds the ticket, to keep warranty

I had the same version follow this guide and you can also reverse it so yes you keep warranty.

http://appcounter.blogspot.com/2012/02/installing-custom-rom-for-htc-evo-3d.html

I did not make this guide so thanks the maker.

Flash the stock RUU then go into bootloader and enter command fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 and you will be s-on again.

Note i have not tested the above command as dont want to start all over again but it should work.