[ROM] ZaSa_4chacha - [Mar 23, 2012] Released kitchen for 1.57, Corr 1.54 v_1 link

Search This thread

gxg

Jan 9, 2008
Bucharest
I'm delighted with Zasa rom. 1.57 vers 1.

Can i ask you:

1. Do you have the kitchen files for 1.57 vers 1 ?
2. do you mind share with me those files? I want to update some of the files, to remove some others + put the % battery (only battery because on icons => errors)

3. i wanna try implement A2sd+ for ext 4

Can you?

Nicraz

Feb 28, 2012
Chicago

Can i ask you:

2. do you mind share with me those files? I want to update some of the files, to remove some others + put the % battery (only battery because on icons => errors)

Can you?

Out of curiosity, why do you use ver 1.0 instead of 2.0? I'm just curious. I'm using 2.0 and I really love it.

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8

Can i ask you:

Can you?
i can share it, let me see if i have the sources in my laptop... but if u like change battery icons - u can use UOT kitchen ..

gxg

Jan 9, 2008
Bucharest
i can share it, let me see if i have the sources in my laptop... but if u like change battery icons - u can use UOT kitchen ..

:) already did it!.. but I want to remove some battery eating bloatware from sense, to try to implement a2sd.. and put some files from miui into this rom.

(so far, the calculator from miui si working great.)

@ Nicraz Out of curiosity, why do you use ver 1.0 instead of 2.0? I'm just curious. I'm using 2.0 and I really love it.

2.0 is without sense.
And so far i need Sense because:
a) is the only Launcher who's having horizontal buttons not vertical - on the side.
b) i can dial a name directly from stand-by just by starting pressing the name of the contact.
c) it gives me the possibility to assign shortcuts of the programs all over the keyboard. (ex: Search+c = google chat. Search+T=taskmanager... and so on...)
d) i think only in sense the long pressing camera button is working. To start camera and to take pictures. And I love it.

I don't hate Sense. I'm just used to use it. After a while you start to forghet that you don't like it.

If you ask me...I'd love ChaCha with MIUI. Imagine: phizical keys + miui... MAGICAL!!

for the guys who don't like Sense: I noticed in my Desire that, with Sense, camera was taken better crispier pictures than without it. Even MIUI camera wasn't able to take high q. pictures..

Last edited:

Nicraz

Feb 28, 2012
Chicago
gxg - thanks for the reply!! You know, I use my phone a lot for surfing the web, texting, etc. but I did notice that when I needed to make a call I couldn't just start typing the person's number and that was a little unpractical. It took me a while to actually make the call haha.

I may give it a try if you get it :)

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
Hi!

I installed the image (because I would have to use a restore on my phone anyway).
Nice Image, but I missed two main things: When I start typing on the keyboard, I'll end up in the Google Search, instead of the call window. Also when I am in the list of applications and start to type there will be the Google Search again. Any way to change this?

Also I was not able to install any apps from the Market, but I guess this was because my phone is S-On (although it is unlocked and rooted).

However, just wanted to have a quick look and the only thing I think that is missing is the better keyboard support.

gxg

Jan 9, 2008
Bucharest
Hi!

I installed the image (because I would have to use a restore on my phone anyway).
Nice Image, but I missed two main things: When I start typing on the keyboard, I'll end up in the Google Search, instead of the call window. Also when I am in the list of applications and start to type there will be the Google Search again. Any way to change this?

Also I was not able to install any apps from the Market, but I guess this was because my phone is S-On (although it is unlocked and rooted).

However, just wanted to have a quick look and the only thing I think that is missing is the better keyboard support.

I'm S-off and and I have the same thingl Tha's why I love the Sense verson. Meaning v1. not V2.

Flexmaen

May 17, 2011
I think this could be fixed if you use a launcher that supports a keyboard. But is there any?

Also I found that Google Talk was missing (which cannot be found in the Android Market). That's interesting, because when I installe Google Talk from my stock ROM, I couldn't sign in to any Google Service...

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8
I think this could be fixed if you use a launcher that supports a keyboard. But is there any?

Also I found that Google Talk was missing (which cannot be found in the Android Market). That's interesting, because when I installe Google Talk from my stock ROM, I couldn't sign in to any Google Service...

read the original post, i removed gtalk and facebook chat as i dont wanted to use two different services for chat, rather i use imo instant messenger which can access gtalk, facebook chat, skype, yahoo messenger, msn, icq etc etc.... :)

johndaniel

Sep 6, 2008
Sony Xperia 1 III
well as far as i hav used the rom i found that it lacks these
1. battery life
2. sence, sence has a clean look and visiblity is better
3. dsp audio manager
4. lack of space
5. memory running out fast
6. touch response is at times slow
lack of other software support

what i did , took ics rom from htc wildfire and simply added the boot.img and meta-inf to the cyanogen 7.2 zip file and flashed it using clockwork rom. wola everything perfect execpt wifi , camera replaced with stock camera.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

iam thinking of releasing the ics rom for chacha but i need some help the wifi, dpi and color vibrancy

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8
well as far as i hav used the rom i found that it lacks these
1. battery life
2. sence, sence has a clean look and visiblity is better
3. dsp audio manager
4. lack of space
5. memory running out fast
6. touch response is at times slow
lack of other software support
My friend, Which rom you are talking about here... there are a couple of those in the main post.....

1) regarding ur battery life and touch response.... it should be related to ur radio.
2) sense and non sense versions - There are two versions with Sense and without sense
3) dsp audio manager - you can install it as stand alone program
4) For memory issues/space - check what applications is draining your memory. some applications stay in memory and eat more
5) what do you mean by lack of other software support? what other software you expect?

what i did , took ics rom from htc wildfire and simply added the boot.img and meta-inf to the cyanogen 7.2 zip file and flashed it using clockwork rom. wola everything perfect execpt wifi , camera replaced with stock camera.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

iam thinking of releasing the ics rom for chacha but i need some help the wifi, dpi and color vibrancy

if ICS can work this way let us know and share. so that some one will pick up for development

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR S-OFF DEVICES ONLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

1) ZaSa_4chacha 1.0 (1.33.401.1) - uploaded on Nov 12, 2011

Android version 2.3.3 (build (1.33.401.1)
    Kernel 2.6.35.10
    Rooted!!!
    around 118 MB free after first start.
    This rom is custom build based on original RUU -> RUU_Chacha_HTC_Europe_1.33.401.1_Radio_47.17.35.3033H_7.48.35.14_2_release_204385_signed

Changes below
    Code:
    [U]Apps removed[/U] 
    com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk
    com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
    com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk
    Flickr.apk.apk
    FriendStream.apk
    HtcFacebookChatWidget.apk
    htcmailwidgets.apk
    HtcRecommends.apk
    HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
    HtcSyncwidget.apk
    HtcTipWidget.apk
    HtcTwitter.apk
    htccontactwidgets.apk
    HtcDirect.apk
    HtcGreader.apk
    Protips.apk
    HtcFacebookChat.apk
    talk.apk – I removed this since I use ‘parlingo’ and ‘imo instant messenger’ for both gtalk and facebook chat.   
    Calculator.apk - replaced this stock with cube calculator

[U]Apps changed[/U] – Below apps moved from system/app to data/app so that it can get updates from market or can be removed when you think it is not needed.
    facebook
    gmail 
    Maps 
    Places
    VoiceSearch 
    YouTube 

[U]Apps added[/U]
    busybox
    superuser 2.3.6.1
    a2sd 
    A2SDGUI – GUI for a2sd 
    FX file browser 
    Cube calculator

2) ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 (1.54.401.2) - uploaded on Dec 02, 2011

Android version 2.3.5 - build (1.54.401.2)
    Includes radio - 7.51.35.19
    Rooted and busy box installed + A2SD support
    around 100+ MB free after first start.
    This rom is custom build based on OTA update -> 1.54.401.2

Changes below
    Code:
    [U]Apps removed[/U] 
    com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
    DCSStock.apk
    DCSUtility.apk
    Flickr.apk.apk
    FriendStream.apk
    GreenImmersion.apk
    htccontactwidgets.apk
    HtcGreader.apk
    htcmailwidgets.apk
    htcmsgwidgets.apk
    HtcProfileWidget.apk
    HtcRecommends.apk
    HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
    HtcRingtoneWidget.apk
    HtcSettingsProvider.apk
    htcsettingwidgets.apk
    HtcSyncwidget.apk
    HtcTipWidget.apk
    HtcTwitter.apk
    PicoTts.apk
    Protips.apk
    Stk.apk
    Stock.apk
    HtcFacebookChat.apk
    talk.apk – I removed this since I use ‘parlingo’ and ‘imo instant messenger’ for both gtalk and facebook chat.   

[U]Apps changed[/U] – Below apps moved from system/app to data/app so that it can get updates from market or can be removed when you think it is not needed.
    facebook
    gmail 
    Maps 
    VoiceSearch 
    YouTube 

[U]Apps added[/U]
    busybox
    superuser - Latest version
    a2sd 
    FX file browser 
    Cube calculator

3) ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v2.0 (1.54.401.2) - uploaded on Dec 02, 2011

Same as ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 but Sense UI and all dependent widgets removed and GO Launcher added

4) ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v1.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2) - uploaded on Jan 16, 2012

The rom is based on stock ruu_chacha_htc_asia_wwe_1.57.707.2_radio_47.23.35.3033h_7.51.35.19_release_228383_signed,

Nothing is removed and below modifications done.... use at ur own risk
    Rooted, BusyBox, BusyBox run-parts support, Apps2SD (Apps to EXT) enabled, Custom boot animation allowed and Bash shell support

5) ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_2.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2) - uploaded on Jan 25, 2012

Android version 2.3.5 - build (1.57.707.2)
    Includes radio
    Rooted and busy box installed + A2SD support
    Removed Sense
    Fixed issue with the market!!!

Changes below
    Code:
    [U]Apps removed[/U] 
    AisSoccerLive_HTC_chacha_0608.apk
    AppSharing.apk
    CekBonus.2.2.apk
    CekPulsa.2.2.apk
    com.htc.MusicWidget.apk
    com.htc.PlurkWidget.apk
    com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
    com.htc.WeatherWidget.apk
    DCSStock.apk
    DCSUtility.apk
    * eService_0608.apk
    Flickr.apk.apk
    FriendStream.apk
    GreenImmersion.apk
    HtcAddProgramWidget.apk
    htccalendarwidgets.apk
    HtcClockWidget.apk
    htccontactwidgets.apk
    htcmailwidgets.apk
    htcmsgwidgets.apk
    HtcPhotoWidget.apk
    HtcPlurk.apk
    HtcProfileWidget.apk
    HtcRecommends.apk
    HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
    HtcRingtoneWidget.apk
    htcsettingwidgets.apk
    HtcSyncwidget.apk
    HtcTipWidget.apk
    HtcTwitter.apk
    Rosie.apk
    * SimpatiPromo.2.3
    Stock.apk
    * TCash.2.2.apk
    * VietnameseIME.apk
    HtcFacebookChat.apk

facebook
    gmail 
    Maps 
    VoiceSearch 
    YouTube 

[U]Apps added[/U]
    busybox
    superuser - Latest version
    a2sd 
    FX file browser 
    Cube calculator

Thanks to
    dsixda for his Kitchen
    e.japonica for his help when I got struck
    My family (esp my 1yr old son) for support and not disturbing me during work :p

I have uploaded framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk in separate pack, use these files in UOT kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ and create your own themes….do share your themes here. Happy theme’ing

Install using clockworkmod recovery for all roms

Files for ZaSa_4chacha 1.0 (1.33.401.1)
    Download ROM
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UFTPCLW
    framework for kitchen
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXZR35V8

Files for ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 (1.54.401.2)
    Download ROM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?52ld7i4diepm76n

Files for ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v2.0 (1.54.401.2)
    Download ROM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qqbd6izje6mdju4

Files for ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v1.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2)
    Download ROM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?idrrz27i3r3v2sq
    Download kitchen files
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qqzj7qau8os8ssv

Files for ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v2.0 (Asia 1.57.707.2)
    Download ROM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?007c3h6h3s8f5dm

juz click thanks if you like my post!!!
    created theme using UOT kitchen... if you like install thru recovery. i have also attached the UOT setting so that you can go to UOT kitchen web link, upload the setting file, do any modifications and then download the zip for update :p

Link for theme -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXLXBNUB
    Mirrored latest release (market crash fix) on http://alex.swtesting.ro/downloads/
    Hi All, updated the first post with ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.54_v1.0 (1.54.401.2)..... this version is based on OTA update 1.54, includes radio 7.51.35.19
    ZaSa_4chacha_GB1.57_v1.0 based on ruu_chacha_htc_asia_wwe_1.57.707.2_radio_47.23.35.3033h_7.51.35.19_release_228383_signed released...see post #1 for links