VERIZON unlimited data news. Wtf

Search This thread

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/rip-verizon-grandfathered-unlimited-data-plans-185537554.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US&.tsrc=samsungwn&.sep=table

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

BlueCross

Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota
I've never received a message like that. I signed my agreement and still have unlimited data. Hmm....

knifedroid

Jul 7, 2012
Um, yeah right. Mine gets delivered tomorrow, and either I'll be rocking unlimited like it said in my renewed contract or I'll be rocking a phone on another carrier.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jarnow94

maven808

May 11, 2011
I got something similar

I received a similar notice with one of my pre-orders placed on 6/12. The email from Verizon stated "We have completed your equipment order. Your current Unlimited Data package is no longer available. We have selected the 2 GB Data package for you. You will not be able to go back to your current Unlimited Data Package"

Called them and the rep had to submit a "inactive price request" form. Hopefully I hear back from them soon.

Jonbo298

Oct 3, 2009
Xda server would meltdown over the posts here if others were getting that message. I love how BGR just runs the story without checking with Verizon or getting another person to confirm. Just uses 1 persons tip as fact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bbeelzebub

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Mine will be here tomorrow too and I even have a rep calling me to make sure I have no issues with my current unlimited data plan.

If I lose unlimited...all hell will indeed break loose. :mad:

Most important thing to realize is people have most likely received this notification if they ordered after 6/28/12.

Reactions: teh roxxorz

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I got mine today... I still have unlimited.

I mean, I even logged into My Verizon and it shows unlimited. No idea what the deal is here. I pre-ordered mine in store and the reps confirmed with me that I would keep my unlimited data.

This "news" story seems hokey.

e36eury

Jun 26, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Response from VZW when I asked.

I just asked them via the chat on their site, I was told that I get to keep unlimited, but only because I purchased it unsubsidized. Seeing how I use 10gb or so a month, I guess I'll keep buying them unsubsidized since it saves a huge amount of money per month to do so.

Doesn't look good for guys signing a new contract, though.

Please wait for a Chat Representative to respond.
Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. My name is Gary, how may I assist you?
Gary: Hi Nicholas
Nicholas: Hello, I just purchased a Galaxy S3 (scheduled to be delivered on the 11th). It is unsibsidized, so I paid $650 so I could keep my unlimited data.
Gary: no problem
Nicholas: I'm readin gthat customers are getting notices that they are losing their unlimited data when activating their S3s, will I be forced off my unlimited plan?
Nicholas: Or do I get to keep it, which is the whole reason for ordering the phone at full price.
Gary: no if you had used the subsidized price, then yes, otherwise the unlimited data plan is still yours...
Nicholas: Excellent. Thank you for your help tonight.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
i preordered on 6/6, renewed a 2yr contract, recieved my phone today, and kept unlimited data ;)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
Los Angeles
When I pre-ordered my GS3 the customer service rep told me I would still be able to keep my unlimited data plan however if any bills are paid late or if the credit card wont go through on the order or if they have any other problems with my account prior to shipment of the phone, then the phone order will be canceled and I may not be able to keep the unlimited data. My gut tells me the person in the article had a billing issue and Verizon used that as an opportunity to yank the unlimited data.

antispiral

Aug 26, 2010
Just activated my s3 today and still have unlimited..i preordered on the 27th lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

juntistik

Dec 31, 2011
Dallas / Ft worth
This is totally false. They reposted a blog from BGR, which I commented on (VERY FIRST COMMENT), explaining that it was false. Pathetic when this kind of crap becomes "news"

Kipland007

Dec 12, 2011
so we can get an erroneous story of verizon sucking on yahoo news but not an actual story about how they locked the bootloader? o_0

KevTN

Dec 12, 2010
Chattanooga
When I ordered mine i asked for a written receipt stating that my unlimited would still be there....big red is getting a bit too big for their britches

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sure Verizon might take away your unlimited data but it's not like they didnt compensate you for it... they gave you a locked boot loader for FREE!!!@!!
    Um, yeah right. Mine gets delivered tomorrow, and either I'll be rocking unlimited like it said in my renewed contract or I'll be rocking a phone on another carrier.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
    Xda server would meltdown over the posts here if others were getting that message. I love how BGR just runs the story without checking with Verizon or getting another person to confirm. Just uses 1 persons tip as fact.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app
    Mine will be here tomorrow too and I even have a rep calling me to make sure I have no issues with my current unlimited data plan.

If I lose unlimited...all hell will indeed break loose. :mad:

Most important thing to realize is people have most likely received this notification if they ordered after 6/28/12.