[Q] HTC Desire HD - ROM

Search This thread

rizee9

Jan 31, 2014
Hi ALL

I am very new to this forum and very little knowledge about ROM installation or (upgrading Mobile OS). This is a fact that there is no official Operating System update (sandwich or jelly beans OS) for HTC desire HD. However, custom made OS for HTC are available. According to my understanding these custom made mobile OS are called ROMs (consfusing for non-technical person) but every day is a learning day. I come to the point, the purpose of this thread to understand all this process to update my HTC desire HD. I have got few questions to ask which are as follows.

1. My HTC Desire HD is locked on "3" network. Can I still install Rom?
2. I need to know A-Z process in a simple and plain english please. I need step by step guide or in simple words "ROM for Dummies"
3. Which Rom is better? ( I know that this question could not be answered but for your conveniance I am giving these options which were I found from some website

1. MIUI
2. ParanoidAndroid
3. PAC Rom
4. AOKP
5. Cyanogenmod
6. AOSP

Could anyone answer all these question please?

Thanks

Riz

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
The first two questions have already been answered time and time again on these forums. Start with the Ace Think Tank thread in DHD General. Your third question is not permitted because every person has a different "better" ROM. Each has different features; you'll just need to try it for yourself.

rizee9

Jan 31, 2014
HTC Desire HD - ROM & Network locked mobile phone

The first two questions have already been answered time and time again on these forums. Start with the Ace Think Tank thread in DHD General. Your third question is not permitted because every person has a different "better" ROM. Each has different features; you'll just need to try it for yourself.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you kind enough to post the link of the thread please? I have tried but could not find it.

Thanks