[ROM] A20/A70X Fix camera problems and more space for apps, etc

Search This thread

Cass1977

Nov 18, 2013
[MODS/ADMIN - Please feel free to move this to the correct topic as I have no idea where is the best place to post this]

Hi

I was forced to make this rom for my daughters tablet as the rom she wanted bricked the camera (a common problem). Its hard to find the stock firmware for these tabs and even harder to find a custom rom. This one is running on her A20 (spec below) with CWM and no problems.

Spec

Allwinner A20 CPU
Memory 512k
Rom 4Gb
Ports HDMI, USB, Mini USB, SD card, Power, Mic
Android 4.2.2
Cameras 2x 0.3MP

If you have downloaded leeh33s rom and it bricked your camera then this is well worth a go.

A bit about the ROM

This rom uses the external SD card as internal memory (ideal for lots of apps or large games). There are a few tweaks based off his origional modded rom so im not 100% sure that they will all work on different devices (Feedback please as I only have 1 A20). Fastboot enabled, Delvik mod, battery mod, etc. This is NOT all my own work and the origional rom can be found here, but, techknow.me wont allow links so just google it, its easy to find ;) credit to leeh33 ;).

This was built as his rom bricked a LOT of peoples cameras. Its not a bad rom, increases the Antutu benchmark from 6000(stock) to 12000, which is pretty good for the devices it works on.

It runs GTA3, Gangsta Rio,etc with no problems (Yes, I know my daughter has issues, lol)

This is by no means a massive improvement though as you can up the Antutu benchmark to 10k by rooting and a couple of simple mods (my new rom gets 13k and is no where near complete, but thats on the devices that the camera doesnt work on so no disrespect ;)

My mums rk3166 with 1Gb memory gets a score of 12k so this is by no means useless! Youll see a massive difference! The big advantage is the SD swap. This means you can stick in a 32Gb card and have 32Gb for installs/movies/music/etc. WAY better than the crappy 1Gb you get as standard.

Im also linking the CWM that I have tested on my daughters device and I know works (however, I suggest using linux to install it as Ive had issues doing it through windows.

PLEASE leave feedback (with your device model) so this can be further developed. If it doesnt solve your camera problem them pm me and I can build you a custom version.

I hope this helps all you guys with A20/A70x and camera problems ;)

***DISCLAIMER*** Im am in no way responsible if you brick your device using this rom. Using custom roms will invalidate your warranty and if you use this its NOT my fault if you brick your device!

Simple flash via Phoenix Suite, takes about 5 mins. Not tested on any other rom loader. CWM has a .bat file for Windows install but id just use linux as its about 5 commands via adb and way faster ;)

If you run into any problems (other than the camera) then please dont pm me, just post in this thread so I can post a solution that everyone can see (others may have the same issues).

xxxxxx ROM modded by Cass

CWM that runs on my daughters device - OK, ill post it when it finally uploads ;)

PS. Im working on a rom for the new Rockchip rk3026 but cant find any info on it so if you can help then PLEASE get in touch :)

Last edited:

satcomranger

Feb 12, 2013
The original rom is the work of leeh33 from techknow.me
The rom was modified with a different camera driver and reposted here without the permission of the developer. This is not a question of "open source", but who did all the leg work to turn the stock rom from a sows ear into a silk purse. Please give credit where credit is due.
The original leeh33 rom does not brick your camera. It is well known that the Allwinner series of chinese tablets are mass produced with MANY iterations of hardware. The leeh33 rom was developed for a specific set of hardware he could test. Just so happens that the OP didnt have the same camera hardware.

Rahul Dhobi

May 1, 2014
I have hummimgbird kit with allwinner a20 cpu model wing-k70 ,can you please suggest recovery and custom rom for it??

SoundGuy_025

This ROM is great, works on my kids tablet.

But where is the CWM link and how did you go about unlocking the bootloader?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I went to the stock recovery to try the fastboot oem unlock but it doesn't work.
When I try adb devices, it says unauthorized. If I try adb when it has booted up fully, it originally asked for authorization and I ticked always allow this connection but it still says unauthorised when I try through the recovery. It has an option to update by adb sideload but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions?

soxxgdl

Aug 26, 2021
Sorry for bring back old post, but it is possible to get the custom ROM online again? I have a generic tablet with the same specs and I would like to bring it back to life.
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MODS/ADMIN - Please feel free to move this to the correct topic as I have no idea where is the best place to post this]

Hi

I was forced to make this rom for my daughters tablet as the rom she wanted bricked the camera (a common problem). Its hard to find the stock firmware for these tabs and even harder to find a custom rom. This one is running on her A20 (spec below) with CWM and no problems.

Spec

Allwinner A20 CPU
    Memory 512k
    Rom 4Gb
    Ports HDMI, USB, Mini USB, SD card, Power, Mic
    Android 4.2.2
    Cameras 2x 0.3MP

If you have downloaded leeh33s rom and it bricked your camera then this is well worth a go.

A bit about the ROM

This rom uses the external SD card as internal memory (ideal for lots of apps or large games). There are a few tweaks based off his origional modded rom so im not 100% sure that they will all work on different devices (Feedback please as I only have 1 A20). Fastboot enabled, Delvik mod, battery mod, etc. This is NOT all my own work and the origional rom can be found here, but, techknow.me wont allow links so just google it, its easy to find ;) credit to leeh33 ;).

This was built as his rom bricked a LOT of peoples cameras. Its not a bad rom, increases the Antutu benchmark from 6000(stock) to 12000, which is pretty good for the devices it works on.

It runs GTA3, Gangsta Rio,etc with no problems (Yes, I know my daughter has issues, lol)

This is by no means a massive improvement though as you can up the Antutu benchmark to 10k by rooting and a couple of simple mods (my new rom gets 13k and is no where near complete, but thats on the devices that the camera doesnt work on so no disrespect ;)

My mums rk3166 with 1Gb memory gets a score of 12k so this is by no means useless! Youll see a massive difference! The big advantage is the SD swap. This means you can stick in a 32Gb card and have 32Gb for installs/movies/music/etc. WAY better than the crappy 1Gb you get as standard.

Im also linking the CWM that I have tested on my daughters device and I know works (however, I suggest using linux to install it as Ive had issues doing it through windows.

PLEASE leave feedback (with your device model) so this can be further developed. If it doesnt solve your camera problem them pm me and I can build you a custom version.

I hope this helps all you guys with A20/A70x and camera problems ;)

***DISCLAIMER*** Im am in no way responsible if you brick your device using this rom. Using custom roms will invalidate your warranty and if you use this its NOT my fault if you brick your device!

Simple flash via Phoenix Suite, takes about 5 mins. Not tested on any other rom loader. CWM has a .bat file for Windows install but id just use linux as its about 5 commands via adb and way faster ;)

If you run into any problems (other than the camera) then please dont pm me, just post in this thread so I can post a solution that everyone can see (others may have the same issues).

xxxxxx ROM modded by Cass

CWM that runs on my daughters device - OK, ill post it when it finally uploads ;)

PS. Im working on a rom for the new Rockchip rk3026 but cant find any info on it so if you can help then PLEASE get in touch :)