Notification Bar/Sound not shown for Gmail

Search This thread

asctony

I just installed all my apks from my Note 2 to my Note 3. On my Note 2 I would get and still get notification of new emails in Gmail. However, in my Note 3, I do not get any notifications in the Notification Bar or get any sound notification when I get new Gmail. My Notifications do work for Facebook and Ebay, etc.
I have check all I know of, but to no avail.
Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks in advance

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I just installed all my apks from my Note 2 to my Note 3. On my Note 2 I would get and still get notification of new emails in Gmail. However, in my Note 3, I do not get any notifications in the Notification Bar or get any sound notification when I get new Gmail. My Notifications do work for Facebook and Ebay, etc.
I have check all I know of, but to no avail.
Any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks in advance

You might have to wipe and start fresh. Really can't restore app or data from another device. Sometimes it gets wonky. Need to start fresh

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V2.0 NOTE 3

asctony

You might have to wipe and start fresh. Really can't restore app or data from another device. Sometimes it gets wonky. Need to start fresh

Yes, you are correct! I did start fresh. On the Note 3 I did a Factory Reset. Then I Installed each APK separately, one at a time. I did not do a restore. Thanks for your suggestion. Still looking for an answer on how to correct this.

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Yes, you are correct! I did start fresh. On the Note 3 I did a Factory Reset. Then I Installed each APK separately, one at a time. I did not do a restore. Thanks for your suggestion. Still looking for an answer on how to correct this.

OK go to app manager. Find gmail apk.make sure notification is checked

Also in the app select menu then ur acct and check ur settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: asctony

asctony

Thanks!!!

I went into Gmail, Settings, my gmail account and saw where NOTIFICATIONS was not checked. Did check NOTIFICATIONS and now working.
Thanks again.
Never had to drill down that deep. LOL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.