[Q] Verizon Bogo?

Search This thread

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Ok so here it is, i have three iPhone 4s's. Do not want them anymore so I'm trading them in for the new htc one m8. my total value is $600. As verizon states you can buy one and get one free. As i am buying this off-contract but still putting this on my phone number, does the deal still count or do i have to actually completly sign a whole new 2 year contract. Im asking this because I'm wondering if i do get another one free that i can give to another family member in my family. Knowing verizon there is probably a catch, Thanks for your replies.

Btw: if i do get another one for free i do have another line to put that phone on.

jafu

Jun 13, 2010
It requires a 2 year contract.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
It requires either A) two brand spanking new Verizon contracts, B) one existing line with an upgrade and a new Verizon contract, or C) two existing lines each with their own upgrade. Verizon's HTC One M8 BOGO deal only applies to devices purchased via contract, so buying both out of contract (from either Verizon or HTC) will not allow you to take advantage of this deal. There is no way around any of this, I personally have checked, tried, and failed.

EDIT: After purchasing these devices, you may play as much musical chairs with them and their respective lines as you like, but in order to purchase them in the first place, your current Verizon Wireless phone plan must fit into one of the above three categories.

Last edited:

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA
It requires either A) two brand spanking new Verizon contracts, B) one existing line with an upgrade and a new Verizon contract, or C) two existing lines each with their own upgrade. Verizon's HTC One M8 BOGO deal only applies to devices purchased via contract, so buying both out of contract (from either Verizon or HTC) will not allow you to take advantage of this deal. There is no way around any of this, I personally have checked, tried, and failed.

EDIT: After purchasing these devices, you may play as much musical chairs with them and their respective lines as you like, but in order to purchase them in the first place, your current Verizon Wireless phone plan must fit into one of the above three categories.

That is correct, and just to clarify, both lines must be on the same account.

Reactions: Sevinex

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego

Thank you for that @skaforey!

@nty123, while I am unsure of your current data situation, what you could do, and this may be a long stretch, is actually purchase two upgrades from someone off of Craigslist (or other website, it does not matter), and use those to access this BOGO deal. I actually considered doing this for my HTC One M8, if upgrading through another line on my phone plan didn't pan out. The way it would work is you either create a post, or find a post, of someone willing to sell their upgrades for cash (a reasonable price would be $100 per upgrade, though your mileage may vary). Meet them at a nearby Verizon store and pay them for 1) the two upgrades, 2) the two phones themselves, and 3) the upgrade fee. You would be surprised at how many people would jump on a deal like this.

EDIT: I realize that this may be more expensive then you were originally considering, however you would be getting two brand new phones, out of contract, for (very close to) the same price as it would cost to get them through the regular upgrade process. This my not seem all that logical at first, but for people like myself (where I currently have unlimited data and wish to retain this), this is Christmas morning.

Last edited:

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Damn.... Guess I'll just wait until my contact is up then, still really happy with the m7 so it's not that much of a deal breaker for me. Thanks for All your replies.

raichur0xx0rz

Oct 27, 2009
Rockford, IL
Damn.... Guess I'll just wait until my contact is up then, still really happy with the m7 so it's not that much of a deal breaker for me. Thanks for All your replies.

I would still trade in the iPhones now, though. It's possible to get a bit more than $200 for each, maybe like $250 depending on the device's condition and all that, but their $200 credit is actually pretty good for a 4S now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.