Kernel for OTG support

Search This thread

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
I have finally unlocked and rooted my wife's Nexus 7 (1st gen). Thanks Wug! Now I need to work on support for OTG file access. I tried stickmount app but it didn't get me anywhere. I am using an OTG cable that has proven good with my Galaxy S4, so I assume it would work for the N7. TWRP recovery does see it and I was able to do a backup to the OTG/USB, so that also proves it works.

I would be willing to flash a kernel or even a ROM, but I need a solution that will minimize the rework of setting everything up and reinstalling her apps. When I unlocked and rooted, I had to rebuild her homescreens from memory. She was not happy about that.

Is there a kernel that I can flash that will enable OTG with minimal interruption?

hitokirihahn

Jan 16, 2014
in my case, i have nexus 7 3G, OTG work out of the box, no need to install custom kernel or ROM to get this feature

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
Hers never did. Even after the KK update. Could be the cable after all. I shall search for one that has a good reputation for this device.

Sent from my rooted GS4 running GoldenEye 26 while holding a homebrew.

duckredbeard

Aug 21, 2010
USB OTG Checker app says it is already capable of OTG. Looks like I'm shopping for a new cable.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app