[ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] SlimKat Condor [Single Sim Only]

Search This thread

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKat, ROM for the Moto E

Contributors
cybojenix
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-06-27
Last Updated 2014-06-27

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Latest Build

V1.0, SlimKat 4.4.4 Build 6
  • Mobile data Doesn't work Confirmed
  • Auto Brightness doesn't work confirmed SlimRoms bug. It's only being polled every 10 seconds.
  • As far as I know, everything else is fine ;)

I will upload the device folders at a later point closer to when SlimKat goes official for condor.
The kernel is pretty much stock, with minor edits to make camcorder work, and modules load.

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Information and Requests

Firstly I'd like to massively apologise for not uploading this till now.
As some of you will already know, I have been somewhat ill due to the amount of work I have been putting in to my projects (no not for moto e).

To make up for this, I am posting a build now as a taster on the aosp qcom sources, rather than the newer caf based qcom sources. It's a daily usable rom, however later builds will have better performance.
I am also releasing a build of cm11 shortly.

XT1022 Is not supported as neither sim will work.

Now for the requests. at some point in the future (a few days, maybe a week), I will need access to the dual sim variant of the Moto E running stock. Ideally I will need access via TeamViewer to a windows or linux based pc with adb already set up, and an unlocked/rooted device that wants cm11.

I repeat.
Dual Sim is coming soon. Please stop asking

Thank you for being patient with me, but it will all soon pay off ;)

from now on, If a question is asked that is answered already in the first page, or the last ten posts, or one that is easy to find with the search bar, please link this post to them.

Last edited:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the work... can you send me patches for this..
No but I'll say the approach you should take to fix it.

To build, there is an error that shows from qcom/media. To fix that you had to patch a kernel header. Use git to find the commit the definition is made, and that will fix camera.

To fix bt, check the bt loading script in etc. You will notice there are two blobs missing. Running these blobs will show there is another blob missing.

What other bugs do you have?

xperiafan13

Jul 25, 2011
México
no but i'll say the approach you should take to fix it.

To build, there is an error that shows from qcom/media. To fix that you had to patch a kernel header. Use git to find the commit the definition is made, and that will fix camera.

To fix bt, check the bt loading script in etc. You will notice there are two blobs missing. Running these blobs will show there is another blob missing.

What other bugs do you have?

ok thanks... Im check this... Thanks in advance

you rockss!!!

5nipes

Apr 12, 2009
Mobile data

• Mobile data untested but probably works (can't test as no sim in)
  • Auto Brightness doesn't work confirmed SlimRoms bug. It's only being polled every 10 seconds.

I will upload the device folders at a later point closer to when SlimKat goes official for condor.
The kernel is pretty much stock, with minor edits to make camcorder work, and modules load.

Mobile data doesn't work, good work on everything else.

Kind Regards.

Prashanth Meesara:

Jan 15, 2013
Bellary
First of all congrats man
Here are some of the doubts
Since I have a Indian version moto e (dual sim) as per the given information it won't support so my doubt is if I install this ROM will at least one sim work I don't care about other sim and hate dual sim and do I need to replace any files from stock ROM?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: subham99

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
As some of you will already know, I have been somewhat ill due to the amount of work I have been putting in to my projects (no not for moto e).

To make up for this, I am posting a build now as a taster on the aosp qcom sources, rather than the newer caf based qcom sources. It's a daily usable rom, however later builds will have better performance.

Now for the requests. at some point in the future (a few days, maybe a week), I will need access to the dual sim variant of the Moto E running stock. Ideally I will need access via TeamViewer to a windows or linux based pc with adb already set up, and an unlocked/rooted device that wants cm11.

I've got the dual sim version.
Also, have team viewer, adb, fast boot, and a rooted stock ROM (not by choice) ready. Let me know when you need access.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iblaziner786

Jan 5, 2014
Dandeli
im always ready to help!!

Also, have team viewer, adb, fast boot, and a rooted stock ROM (not by choice) ready. Let me know when you need access.

i do have Teamviewer, Windows 8.1 (ADB), Moto E XT1022 (Stock, Rooted, TWRP)

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Please read the third post.
Also SlimRoms does not support dual sim, and has no intention to any time soon.[/Q]

woah woaaah woaahhh.... its awwwesommmeeee... loved it but sad thing :( :( :( not even single sim working
atleast make single sim to work!!!
anyway awesome work :good::good::good:

Slim builds are always awesome.
I use them a lot on my gnexus.

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Ok thankyou to all the people who replied regarding dual sim. You truly are the best community I've been in so far.
Once I've got cm11 rolling I'll contact one of you to set up a build.

I know the fact that slim doesn't support dual sim is a disappointment, so here's the deal. If I get hold of a dual sim moto e, I will bring support for dual sim devices to Slim (probably unofficially).

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Ok thankyou to all the people who replied regarding dual sim. You truly are the best community I've been in so far.

I know the fact that slim doesn't support dual sim is a disappointment, so here's the deal. If I get hold of a dual sim moto e, I will bring support for dual sim devices to Slim (probably unofficially).

Exactly, you can do a weekly(or bi-weeklies) unofficial builds and post them in the same thread.
That would be awesome.:good:

cybojenix

Apr 7, 2012
Ok before any mods start messaging me/closing thread, I forgot to push the patched kernel source last night. I get on a computer in an hour or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: saintmonte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat, ROM for the Moto E

Contributors
    cybojenix
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-06-27
    Last Updated 2014-06-27
    Information and Requests

XT1022 Is not supported as neither sim will work.

I repeat.
    Dual Sim is coming soon. Please stop asking

from now on, If a question is asked that is answered already in the first page, or the last ten posts, or one that is easy to find with the search bar, please link this post to them.

Latest Build

V1.0, SlimKat 4.4.4 Build 6
    • Mobile data Doesn't work Confirmed